Gorthag

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Gorthag

Gorthag

Unread post by Gorthag »

Grim Application For Gorthag

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
I heard about The Grim from another member on the Raveholdt Rp Sanctum forum.

The forums are The Grim’s primary method of communication. Will you check them regularly (at least a few times a week)?
Of course, I always try to stay regular with my guild's forums unless something comes up.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
I have been roleplaying since I was 14, I started out how most people do tabletops like D&D and roleplaying forums. Since then I've continued, I used to RP on WoW all the time until recently. My previous guild: Shadowclan, was a heavy RP guild. We went so far as to speak in our own language and always had to be in character, OOC was not allowed period. I loved that RP but it felt a bit limiting and we had a very specific lore we were beholden to.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
I often play Lawful Neutral or Evil characters. I find that strange juxtaposition of order mixed with evil intent fascinating. We justify our evil actions with the need for order.

Have you been part of any other guilds in World of Warcraft? If so, who were they and what server do or did they reside on? Let us know of your experience with them and what made you decide to either leave or continue to stay.
I've been part of quite a few guilds in WoW but most of them ended up dissolving due to internal issues. Shadowclan was the most stable, and once you joined you were always a member. I loved the camaraderie and structure of the guild. But unfortunately with the release of MoP the guild languished with inactivity and has fallen into dissolution. I'm still a member but that doesn't mean anything really. No one is ever on and we no longer organize events. Since the guild has been effectively dissolved I am freed from my "blood oath" and I can join other guilds. I'd like to take this opportunity to explore more free forms of roleplay.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
I am not, Gorthag would be my main character.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
Orc Warrior, I honestly picked this combination for my previous guild as it was a primarily orc guild. However I had no problem with this as I have alwaya love orcs in Warcraft. They aren't morons or savages, they are intelligent and noble but capable of extreme bloodlust. Warrior's have always been my favorite class, brave souls who fight with nothing more than their own strength and rage. They don't need any arcane or holy power source just their own strength. That is true power.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raids, rated battlegrounds, arenas, challenge modes, achievements, etc.)?
I would like to focus on PvE content ie: raids and dungeons. I am always up for achievement hunting as well.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment? Do you have any PvE experience from other MMO games?
I have been playing WoW since the end of Burning Crusade and I have raided more than a few times. I tend to get busy and miss raid times so sadly I get to raid little. However I'm about to get a lot of free time soon so hopefully that means more raiding. In games I prefer to play the damage role, and I mostly play that in WoW. However I have tanked before and I play a tank in other MMOs regularly, for instance I play a Paladin in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment? Do you have any PvP experience in other MMO games?
I don't often PvP in MMOs and I'm not great at it. However I try at times and I am more than willing to get better. I would probably play damage in PvP just like PvE.

Did you read and understand our guidelines on character names, listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
Yes I read them and I understand them.

How is your computer performance when playing World of Warcraft? What is your FPS/load times during heavy graphical or high population times? Is your internet connection stable?
My computer runs WoW just fine at 30+ fps usually. I haven't encountered any lag spikes even in heavy population areas. My connection is mostly stable, at least my home connection is. My current connection at my University cuts out when the stupid Cisco program needs me to log in again. But I'm graduating soon so I won't have to deal with that.

Provide an armory link to your character.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/r ... g/advanced

What days/times do you typically play this character?
I usually play in the evenings past 6PM. Often earlier when I get a chance to, on weekends I've been known to play all day.

Have you read the Required Reading? Do you have any questions or concerns about anything there?
I read it all and I understand it.

Have you read the Mandate? Do you have any questions or concerns about it? Can your character live by it?
I have read it, and Gorthag can live by it. However there may be times when you need to reign in his bloodlust.

Do you have anything further to add?
Not at this time, I'm just excited and hopeful that I'll be able to join an active RP guild.
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Re: Gorthag

Unread post by Syreenna »

I responded to your in character letter with our interview times. If you cannot make it on Monday nights, let us know, and we'll arrange something else.

Please do make sure you've read the required reading and can live with it, especially the Grim Roleplay post there. I understand it is quite different in some areas than how people in Shadowclan RP'd. Familiarizing yourself with our ways now may reduce the chance of future misunderstandings.
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Gorthag

Unread post by Gorthag »

I can be there no problem, unless my family decides to do something Christmas related. I will keep you posted.
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Unread post by Syreenna »

You've missed two Office Hour nights. Are you still interested in joining us?
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda