Redburn

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Redburn

Redburn

Unread post by Redburn »

(IC) What name or title do you go by?
      -Redburn

(IC) What is your gender and race?
      -
Male Forsaken
(IC) What is your class in life?  Why did you choose to follow this class?
      - I am a Mage. Why did I choose to be a mage? One does not choose to be a Mage. You can either manipulate the Mana stream or you cannot. I am one of the ones who can.
(IC) How would you describe yourself?
      - Physically, I am rotting. After all my body died a long time ago. Personaly, I am a logical thinker who likes to cook and the relaxation brought on by fishing.

(IC) What drives you in life?  Why do you want to be Grim?
      -Only one things drives me in life, The Ressurection of The Crimson Lord. This will be done through the spilling of blood and the furmentation of Chaos. As to why I wish to join the Grim can be easily explained. Chaos is the driving force for the ressurection of The Crimson Lord. Chaos grows both passively by way of economic and civil strife, and aggresively by way of battle and the spilling of blood. For generations I have actively chronicled the passive growth of Chaos as furmented by The Crimson Watch. It is time for me to experience the aggresive form that is asspoused by The Grim. "Peace thru Annhilation" is the other side of the coin that is my existince.   .

(IC) What did you do prior to The Grim?
      -I was and still am the Official Historian of The Crimson Watch. As it was time for The Crimson Watch to fade back into the shadows, I have bounced around here and there waiting for the time that The Crimson Lord needed my services again. That time is now

(IC) What are your thoughts on the pact between the Alliance and the Warchief Thrall?
      -This is a perfect example of the creation of Chaos thru passive means. Since I believe The Horde to be the more disiplined side of this conflict, we shall be able to make use of this Chaos.

(OOC) The Grim is a role-playing guild that requires full immersion (heavy RP) of their members.  What does that mean to you?
      -It means that we are IC at all times. Be it raiding or PvP.

(OOC)  The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild, ruled by structure and a defined chain of command with the intent to see the complete annihilation of their enemies.  How does your character's personality and storyline follow the Grim Mandate?  Is there any conflict between how you want to play your character and the theme of the Grim?  If so, what do you expect out of you joining?
     - Redburn's storyline fits almost hand in hand with the Grim Mandate. His true loyalty is to his Crimson Lord, but The Crimson Lord stated years ago that Redburn must do all in his power to see the Horde rule Azeroth.
(OOC) What sort of role-playing experience do you have, online or off-line?  Do you consider yourself a beginner or Gary Gygax?
      -I have been an RPer for 30 years. It is funny that you mention Gary Gygax, since it was his early work on Sword and Sorcery (Pre Dungeons and Dragons) that got me into Roleplaying in the 1st place.

(OOC) Do you have any previous WoW experience?  (PvP, Raiding, Battlegrounds, Different Servers, Different Guilds, Different Factions, etc.)
      -I have been playing WoW since the day of release. I have raided Kara, ZA (but only 3 times), AQ20, and ZG. I was a charter member and officer of The Crimson Watch. I also have a 54 Nelf Druid on TN on a canceled account.

(OOC)  What are you, the player, looking for in the Grim? What are your expectations of the guild?
      -I am looking for a home. Ever since TCW folded, I have been adrift. I am looking for a group of people that I can help advance in the game. Every well run machine needs a cog to work, let me be that cog!

(IC/OOC) Do you have anything further to add?
     -Since I really do not have much time for raiding (I can only commit to 1 night a week) I like to contribute by farming food and potions. For some sick reason I like doing that.

(EDIT OOC) I seem to not be able to make any new posts or send PM's for some reason. I can only edit my exisiting. Just an FYI, so you do not think I have fallen off the map.
Last edited by Redburn on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qabian

Re: Redburn

Unread post by Qabian »

The insistence on chaos is worrisome.  Chaos has its place, but if it's not controlled chaos, it risks all of your goals -- all of your goals other than itself, I suppose.  While we might wreak havoc on those who stand against us, amongst our own chaos is a symptom of fracturing.  Spilling of blood, yes, but ordered in our own manner.  Chaos causes warriors to fall off the path before them.  We have a place for chaos, but it is not with the Mandate.  When it is, it is leashed.

Also, your priorities seem skewed for someone who claims to want to walk under the Mandate.  We would have little interest in your Crimson Lord, especially if your attachment to him comes with the danger of weakening from within the chains that bind the Grim to its destiny.
Redburn

Unread post by Redburn »

Indeed uncontrolled Chaos would be detrimental to all. But when Chaos is controlled and manipulated, great things are possible.

For example of controlled Chaos, let us take a close look at a subject close to my dead heart, Fire. What is fire but the Chaotic breaking of the bonds that hold all things together. It is the Chaotic destruction of these bonds that causes the glorious  combustion needed to produce flame. With out flame, there is no fire. Thus a Mage uses controlled Chaos every time he casts a fire spell.

But in order to effectively use Chaos, one must keep oneself most Orderly. It is only with a properly Ordered being can Chaos be properly controlled. A Undisiplined mage is both a danger to himself and those around him. A Warlock that cannot keep an ordered mind risks letting his minions free of his control.  In both instances, the Mage and Warlock use ordered principles to control a Chaotic outcome, be it in the release of a spell or in the control of a Chaotic creature.

Ach, I ramble. Suffice it to say that I do not look to release uncontrolled Chaos, but to release controlled Chaos for the maximum benefit of myself and those I am pledged to.

Now on to the real subject. The Crimson Lord.

The Grim has no use for The Crimson Lord. The Crimson Lord is not the Mandate. That being said, fullfilling the destiny that has been set for The Grim and following the Mandate is it is written is the task set before me.

I submit myself as a tool of the Mandate. Use my talents as you will, or not. The decision, as it has always been, is The Grim's.
Acherontia
Lost

Unread post by Acherontia »

Redburn wrote:The Grim has no use for The Crimson Lord. The Crimson Lord is not the Mandate. That being said, fullfilling the destiny that has been set for The Grim and following the Mandate is it is written is the task set before me.
Rather risky of us to allow one among us who is wanting to serve the Mandate because he has been so ordered - not because he knows it to be the only way.

You will be here by your own will - by your own choice, and not the choice of another - or you will not be here at all.
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

Redburn is known to me.

When we were all first called to fight for the Horde, he followed a different banner, for a different lord.  It can be seen where that has led him.  Now the opportunity comes that he follows the Mandate, the one true path for all but those infected with the Madness.

He will be a valued asset, or he will be a disappointment and be killed with the rest.  Time will tell.
~Death is sweeter on the pommel's end
Qabian

Unread post by Qabian »

If nothing else, he can make his case for whether or not he can put aside his "Lord" for something more important, hm?
Thrysta

Unread post by Thrysta »

Crimson...scarlet...vermillion...

...such beautiful colors...

If he is of The Word he will make us stronger...
If he is not then we will look so very deep inside him...
Acherontia
Lost

A message has been dispatched to this one.
Acherontia
Lost

No reply has been sent; efforts to contact have gone unanswered.  The matter is closed.