Jin'sa Hexhunter

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Jinsa

Jin'sa Hexhunter

Unread post by Jinsa »

(IC) What name or title do you go by?
      Through the years I have gone by many names. I was born Jin'sa Shadowtracker to the Witherbark tribe. I became Jin'sa Hexhunter for my deeds against the Priestess Hexx when I migrated to Revantusk. Most recently, I was known as the Empress Jin'sa Starseeker of the Chrysanthemum Dynasty. Now I have elected to go by the surname Hexhunter once more, as my Dynasty has evaporated from beneath me.

(IC) What is your gender and race?
      `Looks down at herself and regards you with a smirk.` I am an Amani woman. Did you think Gurubashi trolls were built like us?

(IC) What is your class in life?  Why did you choose to follow this class?
      I hunt things. Beasts, people, it makes no difference, for I am skilled at the tracking and slaying of both. My mother before me was an excellent bounty hunter, but more of what is referred to as a rogue. I prefer to snare my prey, to stalk them through the trees. The old fashioned sneak, where one must be quiet, and hide around each bend and hilltop.

(IC) How would you describe yourself?
      Me? I would call myself an enigma. If only for the fact that who I am and have been has changed so many times. The one thing I have maintained through and through is my nobility. I have little tolerance for those who choose to purposely ignore tact. I have been pronounced as tempermental, I've heard. Personally I have always been able to rely on my patience, both with people and situations. I'll wait for years on end, but I always see my purposes and expectations through.

(IC) What drives you in life?  Why do you want to be Grim?
      What drives every Amani? We are born warriors. I was tutored to fight as soon as I could walk, failure to complete my assignments resulted in lashings. I could show you the scars upon my back if you'd like. I have not forgotten the sins of humans and dwarves against my kind, which to me are even more of a trifle than those of the elves we now call allies. I do not forget it was the League of Arathor first that engaged my kind in war. Why would I wish to join your cause? Simply put, you fight for a right cause.

(IC) What did you do prior to The Grim?
      Immediately before now, I governed the Chrysanthemum Dynasty as it's Empress. I was half possessed by the night elf woman who ruled the Dynasty two thousand years ago, hence why I am able to release my troll accent when I wish it. Rest assured, she had no love for the Alliance when she was in my head. Tyrande was my greatest enemy whenever the Empress lived within me. To say more, she still is. Before the Dynasty, I lived out my life as an envoy of the Revantusk Trolls to the Horde. Primal Torntusk herself has shown favor to me and regards me as a daughter figure, though she is not my birthmother.

(IC) What are your thoughts on the pact between the Alliance and the Warchief Thrall?
      Thrall is a pacifist among pacifists, without a doubt. I remember the Warchief Doomhammer. I saw him once, as a little girl, when he passed through our lands on the invasion of Lordaeron during the Second War. I will tell you this, Thrall is no Doomhammer. He may think now that he is living up to his predecessor's standards, but Doomhammer would never give the Alliance enough rest to consider diplomacies with the Horde.

(OOC) The Grim is a role-playing guild that requires full immersion (heavy RP) of their members.  What does that mean to you?
      To me it means putting your character first, as the priority of your gameplay experience. I think that in order to fully immerse oneself in roleplay, they have to be willing to accept the hardships that come with it, such as dealing with those who might grief them, where many people would drop character and run away or chastise their antagonist. There has to be an acceptance of the barrier between the character and the person behind the character, an understanding of the fact that just because 'you' know all there is to know about warcraft, your character probably does not have a legitimate reason to. One has to be accepting of playing ignorance in some fields when it seems beyond reason that they're character should know a certain thing.

(OOC)  The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild, ruled by structure and a defined chain of command with the intent to see the complete annihilation of their enemies.  How does your character's personality and storyline follow the Grim Mandate?  Is there any conflict between how you want to play your character and the theme of the Grim?  If so, what do you expect out of you joining?
    Personally, I am very fond of strict rallied guilds. When there is an actual sense of benefit based on rank, like you really are getting something out of striving to be recognized and promoted, there is incentive to do as your station suits you, and strive for that next step. Jin'sa is a character who normally seeks to put herself in some position of power, but she does not hesitate to do it through the method of persistence and by obeying her superiors. She knows how to command, she knows how to follow, and she is patient enough to do either one when the time is right.

(OOC) What sort of role-playing experience do you have, online or off-line?  Do you consider yourself a beginner or Gary Gygax?
      I've been an avid roleplay for nine years. I started playing D&D when I was around nine or ten, at which point I played that faithfully, once a week, for 2 years. We had a group of about 14 people, and we were all very committed to getting into our characters. I did text-based RP on Battle.Net for three or four years. I've played (and currently play) V:TM. I have had experience in GMing myself. I would not call myself the guru, but I am not a beginner to roleplay by any means.

(OOC) Do you have any previous WoW experience?  (PvP, Raiding, Battlegrounds, Different Servers, Different Guilds, Different Factions, etc.)
      I've been in a number of guilds. The only two which were roleplay were Chrysanthemum and A Taste for Death. I'm fond of PvP from time to time, and I know my way around the battlegrounds and how to gauge an opposing character's likely action towards me, but I am not geared, nor do I have any other characters that are. I've played on several servers, mostly PvP, and TN was my first RP server. Since seeing how dynamic the RP actually is, I've come to find it my favorite aspect of the game.

(OOC)  What are you, the player, looking for in the Grim? What are your expectations of the guild?
      Judging by what I've read here, and what I've encountered in personal interactions IC with Grim characters, I expect to find a guild of seasoned, articulate, respectful, and respectable roleplayers who take their game seriously. I expect to find a guild well entrenched in it's course, who knows what they are about, and knows how to keep in character in any situation.

(IC/OOC) Do you have anything further to add?
    I did, myself, want to thank those of you who attended the discussion of Northrend, for your support in my ideal against our three prime foes, the Alliance, the Legion, and the Scourge. I am glad for the sake of this world that there are those out there who have the wit to see the justice behind what I say.
Qabian

Re: Jin'sa Hexhunter

Unread post by Qabian »

Willingly takes the label Amani in spite of or in light of Zul'jin?  Even goes so far as to rearrange history into something more palatable?  I can see how that might come in useful.  And presents herself to us as an enigma with a basis of nobility rather than a force of strength?  How curious.
Malkaris

Unread post by Malkaris »

I remember her. Her heart is in the right place at least... To be honest, while we sat back and let the others make fools of themselves, it was her that tried to make the blind see, so to speak. though, if any of them had had any rotten fruit at the time, I doubt they would have missed....

In either case, Acherontia spoke to her that day and seemed to approve...Then again, I was distracted by the lovely Mharren. Acherontia looked ravishing in her black dress as well if I dare say...

~Malkaris
  The Kaldorai Shade~

*somehow, even in writing, it is plainly obvious that Malkaris was amused when he wrote this, as well as slightly inebriated*
~Malkaris, The Antediluvian~
Acherontia
Lost

Unread post by Acherontia »

I approved of the apparently unpopular sentiment she expressed at the gathering - that while many others were preparing to focus their efforts on the reports that they said have come from the north, it would be unwise to turn attention away from the other threats as well - Alliance among these.

Rotten fruit often has at least one deceiving bite.

I am interested to hear her response.  We will give her a little time - after all, a fouled apple on the street does the ones in our cupboards no harm at all.
Qabian

Unread post by Qabian »

Encountered her in the Rest yesterday, and she's written back to me.  She's... inoffensive as of yet, opinionated in what seems to be an acceptable direction.  Valuable?  Still not certain, but I suppose she's up to the same chance as the rest of them.
Acherontia
Lost

We will see what she has to offer, then.

Hexhunter - we will meet with you this Sunday evening, at eight thirty in Grommash Hold.
Yichimet

Unread post by Yichimet »

This one has me curious. I will try to be there to meet her, High Inquisitor.
Acherontia
Lost

Admitted.