Akorharil

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Akorharil
Lost

Akorharil

Unread post by Akorharil »

Grim Application For <Akorharil>

How did you hear about The Grim?

My brother, the player behind Paxristos.

What experience do you have with internet forums? Do you check them frequently or infrequently?

Pretty familiar. Assuming content is updated fairly regularly, I tend to check daily.

What sort of role-playing experience do you have? Would you consider yourself a beginner or Gary Gygax?

I’m fairly well-practiced. I role played extensively on Ultima Online back in the early 2000’s as both a knight (with fairly extensive backstory which I can provide, if you’re interested) and evil mage. More recently I roleplayed an Orc with the Bloodrock Clan on the Second Age free server, which adheres to very strict rules of characterization, speech, and dress.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?

The mage character I mentioned earlier was lawful evil. The orc with Bloodrock was Chaotic Evil.

Have you been part of any other guilds in World of Warcraft? If so, who were they and what server do or did they reside on? Let us know of your experience with them and what made you decide to either leave or continue to stay.

Death of Kings on Twisting Nether. A pretty nice group of players, but they’re rarely ever on, and I’d prefer a guild with a bit more activity.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.

I’ve only got the one character =P

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim. What aspect of the game, if any, do you wish to focus on?

I’d like to try my hand at a group raiding session that isn’t the standard looking for raid scenario where everyone blows through the fight as quickly as humanly possible. As it stands now, I’m playing alone most of the time, or with Pax at the most. I’d like to change that.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment? Do you have any PvE experience from other MMO games?

PVE experience in UO, but to be honest, that game is so different from WoW that it doesn’t even translate. Right now my only character is a Demonology/Destruction Warlock, as I’m fairly new to WoW in general. He’s level 90, so I’m by no means completely raw, but I’d wager I’m not playing him to his full potential yet, either.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment? Do you have any PvP experience in other MMO games?

My Bloodrock Orc was a PVP character on UO, but our dedication to strict RP guidelines prevented us from really excelling at it. We purposely avoided the best armor and weapons, and limited ourselves to melee only combat. I’m still pretty green in WoW PVP. I’ve taken down a few Alliance, but they tend to take me down a lot more. I’m pretty certain that with practice I’ll get a better hang of things.

What is your regular World of Warcraft play schedule? If your answer is "anytime", "flexible", or some other vague word please describe why. Our scheduled interview times are 8pm on Monday and 10am on Wednesdays. Can you make either of those times?

I’m usually on 7pm eastern till whenever I feel like getting off. I can make the Monday interview, but I’m generally never on anytime earlier than 6 pm or so.

How is your computer performance when playing World of Warcraft? What is your FPS/load times during heavy graphical or high population times? Is your internet connection stable?

I’m running on an Alienware, so I haven’t hit any FPS problems, even in raids and with graphical option running high. Internet is stable, although we tend to lose power during storms.

Provide an armory link to your character.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... ril/simple

Do you have anything further to add?

Since this is such a long standing guild, I should probably mention that I am going to be very, very new compared to the majority of you. I’ve owned Wow for about 2 months, so there’s still quite a bit I’m unfamiliar with, mechanics wise.
Aureilya
Lost

Re: Akorharil

Unread post by Aureilya »

Admitted.