Rethsil Sunspiral

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Rethsilius

Rethsil Sunspiral

Unread post by Rethsilius »

(IC) What name or title do you go by?
- "Rethsilius Sunpiral. The Annihilator. Conqueror of Moonglade. The Final Boss. Reth the Threat. Everyone calls me Rethsil, though."

(IC) What is your gender and race?
- "I'm a male, a sin'dorei male."

(IC) What is your class in life? Why did you choose to follow this class?
- He blinks and attempts to choose his next words carefully, "As a child, I was per-..no, forced to take lessons in magic. Father desperately wanted a son to follow in his steps and become a magister. I purposely failed to prevent what he desired for my life. From there, I received training to become an infiltrator. That ended when Arthas invaded with his Scourge forces. We were evacuated, where I took position to serve under Prince Kael'thas as a soldier. Didn't have a direction in life after I arrived back to Quel'Thalas, so I started to teach myself how to be a rogue. My reason is simple enough." He shrugs his shoulders,  "I consider myself better at using my hands than casting spells."

(IC) How would you describe yourself?
- "Geh. According to others I'm ruthless, cruel, selfish and mean spirited. Oh, occasionally I yell insults whenever my mouth happens to open. Personally? I am brutally honest about speaking my mind, even if it gets me in trouble. Can hardly give a fel what anyone else thinks about me, either. If those cry babies cannot take truthful words, then they are next to worthless."

(IC) What drives you in life? Why do you want to be Grim?
- "Survival. At this point, it is us or them. Horde and Alliance can't coexist. Skeletons, hundreds, littered about the ground proves it. The damnable fighting between both factions proves it. One side will eventually be destroyed. I witnessed how The Grim handles those scum. Complete and utter destruction of the Alliance. That's something I can get behind."

(IC) What did you do prior to The Grim?
- "This and that. Mostly routine jobs being a rogue-for-hire. There were times I decided to join guilds, but never found one where I felt comfortable. I've conquered Moonglade months ago, poisoned their sacred lake at one point. I routinely recapture Feathermoon Stronghold in Feralas. A majority of what I did is kill pathetic Alliance in Warsong Gulch, Arathi Basin, Alterac Valley and Eye of the Storm."

(IC) What are your thoughts on the pact between the Alliance and the Warchief Thrall?
- Rethsil feels his lips shift into a frown, appearing slightly insulted at the question. "What pact? I assume our esteemed Warchief hasn't been visiting Azeroth or Outland to witness his worthless "pact" in action. His trust in those morons is ridiculous. How can he have such faith in them? Humans are traitorous apes. Dwarves spend their time intoxicated, while digging in rightly earned Horde land without permission. Kaldorei and their arrogance is disgusting. Gnomes lost their capital, Gnomeregan, to Troggs. Draenei aren't even worth effort to describe."

(OOC) The Grim is a role-playing guild that requires full immersion (heavy RP) of their members. What does that mean to you?
- In my experience as a roleplayer. I've found out of character to be the main cause, if not the sole reason, there is often times drama. Primarily from people taking in character (words and actions) to heart, treating it as out of character. The Grim members understand the difference between the two. It seems to me everyone is mature enough to tell the difference between both. Keep out of character conflict to OOC. Keep in character conflict to IC.

(OOC) The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild, ruled by structure and a defined chain of command with the intent to see the complete annihilation of their enemies. How does your character's personality and storyline follow the Grim Mandate? Is there any conflict between how you want to play your character and the theme of the Grim? If so, what do you expect out of you joining?
- There isn't conflict between how Rethsil is and The Grim's goals. He, like nearly all sin'dorei, believes his race were betrayed by Alliance. In his opinion, traitors are the worst sort of people to walk on Azeroth's surface. Filth that deserves to be rightfully crushed. Anyone whom ally themselves with those backstabbers are reserved to the same fate. Also, as a former soldier, he realizes how important it is to understand rules and follow orders in a structured environment.

(OOC) What sort of role-playing experience do you have, online or off-line? Do you consider yourself a beginner or Gary Gygax?
- I can't say I've ever been too big an active roleplayer online. Dabbled in chatrooms and MSN groups back in the days those were the rage. I've written stories centered on characters, since I was 15 years old. WoW (next to Asheron's Call) is one of the two MMOs I roleplayed on. Never roleplayed offline, no interest too.

(OOC) Do you have any previous WoW experience? (PvP, Raiding, Battlegrounds, Different Servers, Different Guilds, Different Factions, etc.)
- I began WoW in October of 2006, Alliance side on Darkspear. I've played both factions in different servers, until rolling Horde on Twisting Nether. I have little to zero Raid experience, except a Karazhan run I filled in for someone. Raids do not hold appeal towards me right now. On the other hand, I do PvP a lot. More than I probably should. 80% my time on World of Warcraft is spent in a BG or Arena. Revered with Defilers and rising!

(OOC) What are you, the player, looking for in the Grim? What are your expectations of the guild?
- I like how heavy into all aspects of this game The Grim are. There seems to be equal dedication towards PvE and PvP. All the guilds I've previously joined solely focused on Raiding. Group BGing, world PvP, guild arena teams were nonexistant. While I'm willing to PvE if asked, I want a choice too. Did I mention The Grim's focus on RP seals the deal?

(IC/OOC) Do you have anything further to add?
-Feel sorry for me! I live in Ohio!
Acherontia
Lost

Re: Rethsil Sunspiral

Unread post by Acherontia »

We will speak with you, rogue.  Sunday evening, eight-thirty, Grommash Hold.
Acherontia
Lost

Re: Rethsil Sunspiral

Unread post by Acherontia »

He will be given the opportunity to prove himself among us.  Though he walks with us, he is not one of us.