Vul'Jal

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Vul'Jal

Vul'Jal

Unread post by Vul'Jal »

(IC) What name or title do you go by?
      - I be Head Huntah Vul'Jal

(IC) What is your gender and race?
      - I be a male of da Dark Speah tribe.

(IC) What is your class in life?  Why did you choose to follow this class?
      - As I say, I be head huntah Vul'Jal. Undahstand dat my class was not choice, it is what da Gods had chosen fo me during my rite of passage. Do not mistake me though, becoming a head huntah may not have been choice but it is as natural as eating and drinking to me. I hunt fo da food, I hunt fo da kill, I hunt so dat I will not be hunted, and I hunt because if I did not, da hungah fo da hunt would consume my vereh soul. I wake up every day, knowing it is not because of a God, or another creature that I am alive to breath tha mornin' air, it is because of me. My strength, my cunning, my wits.

(IC) How would you describe yourself?
      - Practical and steadfast. I do what must be done, witout second guessin' mah choices at da end of da day.

(IC) What drives you in life?  Why do you want to be Grim?
      - It is tha hunt that drives me in life. Tha sport, tha kill, the strategy. Witout dese tings, I would be jus' anothah empteh soul. Anothah followah. Dere are already too many followah trolls in our lands, like da fools who still follow Hakkar. We Dark Speah have live trough too much ta give ourselves so easily ta dese tings, an' no mattah da cost, I will ensure dat my tribe nevah fogets, nevah becomes complacent, nevah gives up...
      - Me and Da Grim seem ta have common goals and beliefs. My tribe owes Thrall our lives. But we will nevah fo'get, nevah fo'give what da 'Alliance' have done to us. Da only way we will evah see peace, is if da Zealots no longar breathes da air of da livin'.

(IC) What did you do prior to The Grim?
      - I hunt. It is my life, I accept dat dere are other ways to live your life. But dese ways are not for me. Every day I not only hunt to eat, I hunt to better myself, to quench da aching fire for da kill dat burns in my soul. Each day I find a new challenge, I look death in tha eye and I do not succumb.

(IC) What are your thoughts on the pact between the Alliance and the Warchief Thrall?
      - T'rall do what he have to do for his people. To ensure dat our young are able to grow, that we strengthen our numbers. I am not sure dat dis is his goal, not someting more permanent. But I am not T'rall. I do not believe that T'rall actually believes there will be long lasting peace with humans and their allies, even if he does, da Dark Spear do not.

(OOC) The Grim is a role-playing guild that requires full immersion (heavy RP) of their members.  What does that mean to you?
      - Play out my character whenever and where-ever possible. When I'm logged into my character, I am him.

(OOC)  The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild, ruled by structure and a defined chain of command with the intent to see the complete annihilation of their enemies.  How does your character's personality and storyline follow the Grim Mandate?  Is there any conflict between how you want to play your character and the theme of the Grim?  If so, what do you expect out of you joining?
    - I do not think there's much of a difference. I'm not sure that Vul'Jal will actively hunt allies, as in go out of his way to do so, at least not until he's more experienced. But he will track and kill them should he think he has a decent shot at doing so. For years the trolls had been at war with the Allies, even before the orcs came Azeroth. There's too much history for them to forgive and forget, even if it's what the war chief actually wants.

(OOC) What sort of role-playing experience do you have, online or off-line?  Do you consider yourself a beginner or Gary Gygax?
      - I've roleplayed since I was about 14. Didn't get good at it until I was 16-17 or so. I've played everything from Rifts, Cyberpunk, D&D to World of Darkness and other various RP based MMO's and RP based IRC servers/chat rooms.

(OOC) Do you have any previous WoW experience?  (PvP, Raiding, Battlegrounds, Different Servers, Different Guilds, Different Factions, etc.)
      - Yes, my main is Ruhadze on Turalyon. We're currently raiding TK, BT an Hyjal, though my personal interests lie more in  pvp than in pve. Raiding is fun and all, but too much competition for gear, too many hours are put into it, and spamming on heal bot or mashing my lightening bolt spell for hours on end get kinda old :P. Don't get me wrong. I do still raid, but I'm more of an Arena/BG whore than anything else.

(OOC)  What are you, the player, looking for in the Grim? What are your expectations of the guild?
      - I'm looking for some gung ho horde players who roleplay and can actually spell out the word 'you', or 'thanks'. I'm expecting alot of roleplay and from the sound of it, alot of fun.

(IC/OOC) Do you have anything further to add?
      - Thanks to your members for being so polite and helpful in answering questions and pointing me in the right direction for information. That goes a long way in my book.
Acherontia
Lost

Re: Vul'Jal

Unread post by Acherontia »

Hm.  You are young, hunter, but your seem driven.  We will speak with you this Sunday evening - eight-thirty by the goblin clock, Grommash Hold.
Acherontia
Lost

Re: Vul'Jal

Unread post by Acherontia »

This hunter has been admitted to Blood Moon Rising until such time as he reaches his fortieth season.