Valeo

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Caelum

Valeo

Unread post by Caelum »

(IC) What name or title do you go by?
      - I am Valeo of the Mistrunner clan

(IC) What is your gender and race?
      - I am a male tauren.

(IC) What is your class in life?  Why did you choose to follow this class?
      - I am a Cook with a somewhat strong connection to nature. Whether its Fish, Grain, or poultry I can turn it into a edible and delicious meal. In more recent days I've learned to harness the natural world for travel and ingredient gathering but otherwise my abilities are firmly entrench at the dinner table.

(IC) How would you describe yourself
      -I am a strong individual with a solid code of honor, but I can no longer hide atop the plateau of Thunder Bluff. Vengeance leads me out into the world in search of my sisters killer.

(IC) What drives you in life?  Why do you want to be Grim?
      -I am driven by a deep seated hatred for the so called 'Light' and its wielders. The Scarlet Brotherhood slaughtered my little sister and I will have vengeance, not justice. The Grim can give me an information, training, and perhaps allies who will keep their word.

(IC) What did you do prior to The Grim?
      -I have traveled alone for some time now, but I worked as a cook and supply officer in Thrall's Horde during the Third War. I was their at the battle of Mount Hyjal and I'd like to think my contribution was vital. After all an army that feeds on war might be cheap, but if their hungry they don't fight so good.

(IC) What are your thoughts on the pact between the Alliance and the Warchief Thrall?
      -The pact was a necessary evil after the third war in order to rebuild in the chaos following the battle at Mount Hyjal and the subsequent invasion by Admiral Proudmoore. I've seen honor in the action of certain alliance individuals, including the colt of Proudmoore, but as a whole the alliance are a pool of corruption that needs to be purged from Kalimdor and the eastern continent.

(OOC) The Grim is a role-playing guild that requires full immersion (heavy RP) of their members.  What does that mean to you?
      - (( I've lived the lives of my characters for many generations now but after the Vanguard fell apart I didn't feel any strong desire to try and rebuild my current incarnation under some new banner. I invest alot of time and energy into my characters and I enjoy an environment that allows me to refine them further. ))

(OOC)  The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild, ruled by structure and a defined chain of command with the intent to see the complete annihilation of their enemies.  How does your character's personality and storyline follow the Grim Mandate?  Is there any conflict between how you want to play your character and the theme of the Grim?  If so, what do you expect out of you joining?
    - (( The Grim seem to fit my character personally somewhat, I'd consider Valeo more Lawful Neutral with a vengeance streak to keep him motivated. I expect he'll display a certain level of illogical disgust for any Paladins or Light wielding Priests he comes across, but he knows of his weakness and can maintain a certain level of professionalism if need be. ))

(OOC) What sort of role-playing experience do you have, online or off-line?  Do you consider yourself a beginner or Gary Gygax?
      - (( Intermediate I'd say. I've played D&D 2, 3rd, 3.5, and even 4th edition but my group always seemed to be the 'kick the door down and blow stuff up' type of campaigns and I never did much the talking :) I've Roleplayed for years and more recently I was part of the Vanguard that fell apart under the guise of Shin, a BE Hunter. I can keep a straight face and play my character under more settings, even in raids or pvp. ))

(OOC) Do you have any previous WoW experience?  (PvP, Raiding, Battlegrounds, Servers, Different Guilds, Different Factions, etc.)
      - (( I've done just about 'everything' by now that can be done in WoW in any generation. I have 3 different 70s (Tier 6.5 paladin, Brutal Glad Hunter, and a farming warlock), 2 60s (HWL Alliance Druid and a Tier 2 Warlock) and a few RP characters. I've raided, pvp'd, arena'd and everything up the wazoo but I always end up RPing at the end of the day because I find the 'norm' of WoW chat pretty retarded and I love the lore and experience of 'being' my character. I've been playing on Twisting Nether for the last two years and I even raiding with the Grim a bit back in the day when they'd pug in a few people from TNR for the occasional AQ20/40 run. ))

(OOC)  What are you, the player, looking for in the Grim? What are your expectations of the guild?
      - (( I expect I'd have alot of fun over the next few months as I finish leveling Valeo and get involved in the Grim as WotLK comes out. I'd love to make friends with a few more of yer players, already know a few pretty well from the Vanguard and old school TNR but honestly I don't really have any 'expectations' besides having alot of fun with y'all in WoW ))

(IC/OOC) Do you have anything further to add?
    - (( No clue what i should add since I basically spammed up the whole app :) But I will say HI to Tecunuman and whichever incarnation of Juhnaa and Kevalim are currently running around 'The Grim'. I probably should mention I'm a minor writer and I like posting the occasional forum story when I'm inspired by ingame events, which happens alot.

EDIT: Sorry I should probably mention I work two jobs that keep me tied up a fair bit. I'm off from one for the next week but my other keeps me busy on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursdays from seven till Midnight. I'll try to get with someone in game but if y'all accept me I won't be able to make the Sunday night interview.))
Last edited by Caelum on Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Acherontia
Lost

Re: Valeo

Unread post by Acherontia »

...a cook?  Is this a joke?
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

I say that anyone who can poach fish, blacken basilisk, or crunch serpent and give the dish to me is someone I like to see, Acherontia. Would you have us all spending an eternity in Quel'Danas and giving the proceeds to the goblins instead of, oh, annihilating certain races?
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Caelum

Unread post by Caelum »

*Grunts in minor annoyance at the note Acherontia scratch into the bottom of his application. Pulling out a quill with surprising dexterity he jots down*

No this is not a joke.

Perhaps someone who's lived on travel rations and Mana Biscuts scratched deeply as though with disgust can't appreciate it but the kitchen can be more powerful then any enchantment. Why I've fried the body of a squid who can make you faster, a fish who can make you stronger, and even gutted a bear who can feed a dozen. And beyond that soon as I can gather up the resources I'll be making a pilgrimage into Outland where I can learn from the true master of the culinary art, The Rokk.

Besides I'm hardly an liability on the battlefield. Between Arathi Basin, Warsong Gulch, and Alterac Valley I've killed enough alliance that I'm mildly considering whether or not I can put their wasted carcass to use. Perhaps not for the tauren people but imagine if we could refine the tastes of the Forsaken, might be able to keep them from going into a feeding frenzy in the midst of battle.

*Nods and puts away his quill. Whoever this orc Acherontia guy is might be able to forgive his minor tangent. After all its not like they'd let someone who doesn't have taste buds decide his fate, right?*
Last edited by Caelum on Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acherontia
Lost

Unread post by Acherontia »

Admitted.