Re: Valicka

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Valicka

Valicka

Unread post by Valicka »

(IC) What name or title do you go by?
      -My given name is Valicka Van

(IC) What is your gender and race?
      -I am a male of the Sin'dorei

(IC) What is your class in life?  Why did you choose to follow this class?
      -I have been trained as an Assassin, particularly skilled in the art of poisons. After discovering, to my family's dismay, that I was not prominent in the schools of magic, I was forced to seek an alternate path in life. My options were many, but my natural talents fell to being somewhat...discreet.

(IC) How would you describe yourself?
      -I was previously described as peculiar, as a Rogue who tended to avoid open conflict with the Alliance. My ideals have changed as of late and their annihilation is not so much of a concern to me anymore. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty but am more than capable of showing restraint when the situation calls for it.

(IC) What drives you in life?  Why do you want to be Grim?
      -My drive is for the reunification of the Sin'dorei with the Sunwell. Or former glory has been thrashed and our pride broken. However, I will not allow the betrayal of Sunstrider to go unpunished, nor will he tarnish our race's name with his rather unclean way of doing it. I must also find a way to get to that wretched Lich King, who so casually swept away the Sunwell, only to leave us in the constant pain and longing for its power. He and his demonic filth will be stopped.

(IC) What did you do prior to The Grim?
      -Previously of the Horde membership Eternal Oblivion, our order was shattered after our weak and cowardly leader buckled under the pressures of conflict. I've been much more of a wanderer since then. Joining few establishments here and there, but not finding the satisfaction or power that holds the capabilities required to assist me in reaching my goals, nor would I be able to assist them in theirs'.

(IC) What are your thoughts on the pact between the Alliance and the Warchief Thrall?
      -I suppose it's admirable for Thrall to attempt loyalties with his friends of the good Alliance, but it was bound to fail. The Horde is very faithful to its ideals that the Alliance have ignorantly and wrongly accused us of heresy and treachery time and again, thus the Horde Legion in the first place. It has reached the point where we cannot co-exist. One side will bow to the other, that is, if that side is not yet completely wiped from the face of the planet.

(OOC) The Grim is a role-playing guild that requires full immersion (heavy RP) of their members.  What does that mean to you?
      -After man discovered fire, and then the instant quest text feature, the RP aspect of this MMORPG was effectively cut out of the game. Nobody really cares about RP, in fact, most people assume that you're speaking out of character and get made at you. I enjoy Role playing a lot, but I never get the chance to do it. In this guild, I will.

(OOC)  The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild, ruled by structure and a defined chain of command with the intent to see the complete annihilation of their enemies.  How does your character's personality and storyline follow the Grim Mandate?  Is there any conflict between how you want to play your character and the theme of the Grim?  If so, what do you expect out of you joining?
    -My character's personality usually isn't super gung-ho about murdering Alliance, but he'll do it without hesitation. I just wouldn't expect to be hearing me yell "DEATH! OFF WITH THEIR HEADS! BLARGLE!", cause in that amount of time, we probably could have killed a few of them. I've no contradictions with the way the Grim play the game, and although holding myself back from ganking before, which was frowned upon as I am a Rogue, I've been pretty pissed by Alliance gankers lately, and it's not that much of a big deal anymore.

(OOC) What sort of role-playing experience do you have, online or off-line?  Do you consider yourself a beginner or Gary Gygax?
      -I've played DnD campaigns, I've played Star Wars DnD, my favorite MMO was SWG until the NGE I've gone through and nixed Vanguard, DnD Online, Guild Wars, LOTRO and it was very easy for me to get immersed in the SWG RP because I know most of the lore. I'm still learning the Warcraft Lore, but RPing will only help.

(OOC) Do you have any previous WoW experience?  (PvP, Raiding, Battlegrounds, Different Servers, Different Guilds, Different Factions, etc.)
      -I play BGs, I've finished Kara, Gruul's and Mag's multiple times, but haven't advanced any further than that. I've played on different servers as generally low level Alliance characters, and I was in the Eternal Oblivion guild, which I stayed in until it was disbanded, Rutilus Luna, which I left because of lack of connection with the people, Legends Reborn, which I left to join Sinister Prophecy with a friend and Sinister Prophecy, wherein the guild leader suddenly left the guild and things fell apart from then.

(OOC)  What are you, the player, looking for in the Grim? What are your expectations of the guild?
      -I'm hoping that I'll be able to raid with the guild. Some people feel my gear is inadequate, and so won't let me raid with them, but doesn't that create a vicious cycle? I'm hoping that the guild is friendly and helpful, but also, of course, murderous when the time comes. I was hoping we are allowed to talk OOC in Guild Chat

(IC/OOC) Do you have anything further to add?
    -It is time for a new chapter in my quest for the Lich King's head. The Alliance may be seeking the same prize, but it is we who shall find it.
Acherontia
Lost

Unread post by Acherontia »

Valicka wrote: (IC) How would you describe yourself?
      -I was previously described as peculiar, as a Rogue who tended to avoid open conflict with the Alliance. My ideals have changed as of late and their annihilation is not so much of a concern to me anymore.
...we require further clarification on these comments.
Valicka

Unread post by Valicka »

Pardon me for being unclear. My meaning is that I do not care such for their feelings as I had in the past. The deaths of a few of the opposing faction wouldn't scar my conscience as I had previously believed so. My feelings that they might also be people with families and whatnot shan't bar me from my duty any longer....
Thrysta

Unread post by Thrysta »

Blood in your mouth...
Tasting copper.
Your own.
That of your enemy.

High Inquisitor...when I pull those not of The Word wide open...
...make them scream...
...while they tear at me...break my bones...
...while I savor every wound...

...will this one be at my side...

...or far behind, mewling as if a child?
Acherontia
Lost

We shall see, priestess.  It may be that he will be found lacking - and will become merely another one of those to be cleansed.

Rogue, we will meet with you this Sunday, in Grommash Hold, at eight-thirty by the goblin clock.
Acherontia
Lost

So far, he has not disappointed, but neither has he impressed.  He has shown that he is able to follow an order; therefore, we will speak with him again this Sunday - same time, same place.
Acherontia
Lost

Admitted.