Xurek

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Xurel

Xurek

Unread post by Xurel »

(IC) What name or title do you go by?
Xurek "wildmaster" Mangeclaw from the Bloodrock Clan of the Great Lakes. War Scout for Ilneval.

(IC) What is your gender and race?
Female, Orc, I am only 27 years but I will grow to great wise age.

(IC) What is your class in life?  Why did you choose to follow this class?
I am a hunter "wildmaster" The Orcs nature is to destroy but I have a talent to cultivate nature and use the natural power against those who appose my race or the horde.  There are few among Orcs that can master an equal level with certain animals.  I can master the inhabitants, predators of nature, by sheer force of will.

(IC) How would you describe yourself?
I will battle whatever stands in my way of my mark no matter what the size no matter what the odds.  I acquired my sir name "Mangeclaw" because of my insatiable focus of tracking and taking down a white bear deep into the gates of Ironforge. My mark was based on a justifiable revenge in which I will tell about someday. 

(IC) What drives you in life?  Why do you want to be Grim?
My search for my blood clan will need support from kin that believe in the stride of power.  I must and I will overcome any object and opposing power in my way.  The Grim has shown power and stride from pure reputation alone and I would like their support.

(IC) What did you do prior to The Grim?
It has taken four years for me to travel back to my home lands.  I have survived storms and blizzards of Dun Morogh.  Year after year I grew stronger and mastered skills as a tracker in the snow capped mountains.  The time came when I would journey past the snow capped mountains of Dun Morogh.  Months it took me to work my way to the Ghostlands where I trained with the Bloodelfs to learn the ways of mana to learn how to control magical powers to harness it for my arrows and uncover gems in the earth and bleed the power out of them.  My vow to my birth clan was to finish my mark, travel to gain power and then come back to my home town to make my stand and defend the lands of my people.  My mark is Ratchet and my search is for my birth clan.

(IC) What are your thoughts on the pact between the Alliance and the War-chief Thrall?
Thrall has forgotten his orcish name and his orchish power. "Go'el" had to do what was in the best interest of his clan by befriending Proudmoore.  Those days are long gone and the horde needs to feel the wrath again to feel the power by total annihilation of every single Alliance abettor.

(OOC) The Grim is a role-playing guild that requires full immersion (heavy RP) of their members.  What does that mean to you?
I have not role-played in a few years but role-playing does mean a lot to me because that one of my favorite times while role-playing in Ultima Online and Star Wars Galaxies.  I am very picky when it comes to immersion of role-play since my roles before World of Warcraft where heavy role-playing.

(OOC)  The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild, ruled by structure and a defined chain of command with the intent to see the complete annihilation of their enemies.  How does your character's personality and storyline follow the Grim Mandate?  Is there any conflict between how you want to play your character and the theme of the Grim?  If so, what do you expect out of you joining?
I do not foresee any conflict between how I want to play my character and the theme of Grim.  I do know that this will not be a stretch for me to play Evil or Lawful I normally play all DD/Games Lawful at the very least. The Evil part I enjoy because it takes me out of my normal personality in real life and I enjoy the challenges of going completely opposite of my normal walk of life.

(OOC) What sort of role-playing experience do you have, online or off-line?  Do you consider yourself a beginner or Gary Gygax?
I will not claim that I am at the level of Gygax because I am not.  However though my game play of Ultima Online I was a main player of many "Seer" lead events and was the first openly "Seer" lead events in the Felucca as a role of a red player in a main event with an attendance of fifty or so other players without getting killed.  With my best friend we also lead the 1st Trammel role playing city called Nightwood for many years.  I had role-played since 1997 till the general launch of World of Warcraft.

(OOC) Do you have any previous WoW experience?  (PvP, Raiding, Battlegrounds, Different Servers, Different Guilds, Different Factions, etc.)
I do have previous experience I have been on Alleria since I started World of Warcraft.  With a guild called Tempered Fury they are a great group of people and I have been with them since the start.  They are only a raiding guild and do some battlegrounds.  Most of the time I have played Night Elf's most of that reason was because when I left Ultima Online some of my friends joined the Alliance side and I stayed ever since.

(OOC)  What are you, the player, looking for in the Grim? What are your expectations of the guild?
Aside from the normal game play, raiding and battlegrounds.  I really want the chance to role-play again I have been looking though your website for days now and the more and more I read some of the stories the more I really would like to be involved with your role-playing communities.

(IC/OOC) Do you have anything further to add?
I base my wanting to join a guild on many factors, progression in raiding, the design of the website, how the structure and rules are laid out, and acceptance of classes.  That honestly was my only goal to find a guild on this new server.  When I found out that this is a heavy role playing guild it all just came together.  I really miss role playing I also want a change and stop with the daily grind of alt after alt and the rudeness of most Alliance players.  I am hopeful that my best friend and my partner in Ultima Online that helped me run and role-play Nightwood will be able to join.  Of course she understands that she will have to apply and be accepted.  Even if my best friend is not accepted that will not change my attempt to join The Grim.
Last edited by Xurel on Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qabian

Re: Xurek

Unread post by Qabian »

An orc who claims mastery by "sheer force of will"?  How... interesting.
Qabian

Unread post by Qabian »

I've spoken to her.  Once she learns the skills I want to see, we will test her.
Acherontia
Lost

Unread post by Acherontia »

Our youngest minion.  I expect the Grim to show her what it takes to survive among us.