Ristikus

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Ristikus

Ristikus

Unread post by Ristikus »

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
- Over a decade ago I played on Twisting Nether and had a few interactions with The Grim through roleplay or otherwise that were largely positive experiences. I've just recently come back to the game after taking a long hiatus around the closure of WoTLK. As luck would have it, I rolled this server and immediately recognized the guild name through your advertisement on the server's community forum.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
- As previously stated, I'm just coming back to the game. Ultimately, role-play was what kept me interested in the World of Warcraft. While I love experiencing the variety of PvP & PvE content the game has to offer - the role-play is what keeps me coming back. Unfortunately I haven't been active within many roleplaying communities since I played regularly during TBC/WoTLK - but I absolutely would attribute my overall interest in this game to the variety of RP experiences it provides. Given the amount of time I dedicated to RP over a decade ago, I would consider myself a heavy RPer coming back to the game -I just imagine I'll need some time to dust off the cobwebs. Ultimately, being a heavy RPer means having a commitment to my character - and to my character's interactions with others. There's a degree of professionalism to be expected in a role-player (i.e. research, an understanding of lore, etc.) - and given how dynamic and fluid the progression of lore is within this game, I'll definitely need some time to play catch up. I am however committed to my character and to his interactions with others, and I look forward to every opportunity to pursue his IC development.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?
- Raiding and PvP. I have been and always will be passionate about the arena, and I imagine come Shadowlands that will be my primary focus. Given that the Arena only accounts for so much of my time, I am extremely interested in pursuing future raiding/mythic content within the guild. Beyond that, my favorite memories of this game are experiences I had in WPvP - I imagine if I'm not raiding or in the arena, I'll be running around Azeroth in search of a fight.

What days/times do you typically play this character?
- My time zones vary due to travel being an intrinsic part of my job IRL, but when home (pacific standard time) I'm consistently on during the weekend with a few breaks in the late evenings to appease the wife, or around late afternoon/evening during the weekdays.

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
- I understand that the guild is likely in general limbo right now given the game's transitional period to Shadowlands. I understand inactivity will be a common part of my initial experience over the next few months within the guild, but my primary focus will be relearning my class and the game overall. With that, I appreciate the consideration, and I look forward to interacting with the guild in the future. I'm just stoked to see a familiar name from when I did play so long ago.
Khorvis

Re: Ristikus

Unread post by Khorvis »

Hey Ristikus, thanks for applying. Your expectations are generally accurate. We have a healthy raid/mythic+ team, as well as some die-hard pvpers though we're building up the RBG team again.

RP is getting a new breath of life as we prepare for Shadowlands, so now would be an excellent time to get involved and contribute.

Our primary form of OOC discussion is on our Discord, and I've PM'd you a link to get started. Feel free to find me in-game and we can RP your entry (Khorviss with the extra S in game. Or find Dustfinger (Zalanjo))
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Re: Ristikus

Unread post by Syreenna »

Accepted
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda