Application

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Drakecat

Application

Unread post by Drakecat »

Grim Application For [Pomkin]

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
I do not know anyone from The Grim, as well as it would be a time where I looked for the guild via wowprogress.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
I am more of "unordinary idea" RPer and stick with it. Like, my Pandaren is a black market leader, one of my Goblin was accepted to be a part of Valajar, so on. But yes, I do a lot of heavy RP stuffies.

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.
My very first time with WoW is a very beginning of Legion, as I was introduced from my friend as I was curious about it. I've been with many other guilds (not able to recall some due to the short time that I was in.)
Legionnaire (now "Imperial) - Great guild with my friend as GM, I wasn't able to make the guild due to his hardcore raid style.
Vanguard of Destruction - No longer a guild, but was a casual guild that ran stuff together, was way too casual for me to handle the slowness.
I Relentless I - Best guild by far, it was right in between the eyes, but the GM was pretty old so he had to quit due to getting stressed out of WoW.
Murlurkers - Right as soon as Relentless disbanded, a guild member made a guild for all of us to play together, a great guild that I still make contact with few, did enjoy a lot of things together as I raided and did many stuff together. Kick reason simply was that I was an asshole but I am willing to explain / get a vouch for this kick reason.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
Usually I want to experience the dungeons and raids as a different perspective. Some characters are off limits to RP so I rarely touch them unless if I have to level them. Otherwise I usually ignore what my main can't get because Warlock is heavily different from a Monk.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?
I am willing to put the effort on raids, M+ dungeons (done +10s many times, but willing to push further with a well-coordinated team), PvP is not a big thing for me but will always gladly learn rated 2v2/3v3 with someone, and always help out with achievements, as my most "concurrent achievement" would be Glory of the Eternal Raider.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?
With any PvE contents (and especially raids), I am willing to do challenging works to improve me, others, or the entire group. As much as I hate the stress of not being able to "progress due to lack of (something)", I will never put someone down and always correct them in a great manner.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?
It says I have 5000 honorable kills but they are all from random BGs.

Provide an armory link to your character.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ord/Pomkin

What days/times do you typically play this character?
Mostly everyday if I am trying to farm out professions/gears/mechagon poops, otherwise I am on my toon for RPing or gearing reason.

Are you prepared to check these forums at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
Yes. (not a forum person, first time actually posting in forum!)

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
Goblin Warlock, because Goblins are like the "money grubby" stubs and I like being like them, and Warlock because I felt like they were the edgiest thing alive so I was like "fuck it, Warlock".

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?
Yes. (and has a grumpy Goblin DK character too, for RP!)

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
Yes and no, because I do have a character that is a pirate (ironically rogue), steals stuff and pickpockets from normal people, but also follows the rule/laws of city.

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
Yes!

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
1. How much raiding would we do in a week (also what time)?
2. As of RP, are any style of "Lawful Evil" good to take? (never done a real "lawful evil" person before)
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Re: Application

Unread post by Syreenna »

Hello!

To answer your questions....

1. During the usual raid schedule, we raid for six hours a week. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:30 - 8:30 server time. Right now, with the holidays things will not really be on a regular schedule, until after the new year. Even then, we may be doing odd things on raid nights until the new raid is released. We'll still do some Eternal Palace runs, and Heroic Warfronts, or old raids for transmogs/achievements. We might also have a make-up achievement night in the Palace.

We also do Mythic+ dungeons on Monday nights, starting around 5:30 or 6:00 server time.

2. I wouldn't worry about this too much. The guild as a whole is Lawful Evil, but as long as your character can work alongside such, you'll be fine. The biggest thing about the Lawful part is that your character can respect the authority of the guild leaders without constantly challenging them. The biggest thing about the Evil part, is that the guild will use any means necessary to eliminate an enemy. Things like the bombing of Theramore and the burning of Teldrassil, for most of our characters, were good things!

Feel free to join our Discord! https://discord.gg/wGxxy6H

I'll respond IC to your letter...somehow. The Grim is not in the habit of rescuing strangers! If you're available Friday evening, we can do your interview there, and you can join in a little event with us after. We have "Inquisition" meetings every Friday. New members are expected to attend if they're able, and anyone else is welcome to attend as well. We usually have a meeting, and then do some activity after.
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Re: Application

Unread post by Syreenna »

Admitted.
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda