Application for Dustfingur

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Dustfingur
Irredeemable

Application for Dustfingur

Unread post by Dustfingur »

Grim Application For Dustfingur

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
I saw a post made by Syreenna and I do not know anyone here.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
I started RPing early 2017 on Emerald Dream. I did it for little over a year in two RP guilds and have written a few stories for my character. I enjoy what the RP aspect of the game seems to bring to the community. Events whether it's social or PvP.

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.
I've been playing WoW since Nov 2004. I've been in several types of guilds. Casual and hardcore PvE and PvP guilds. 2 different RP guilds and a couple of casual goof off type of guilds and some twinking guilds. I've had positive experiences in all of them. Outside of one guild I left due to personal reasons, the rest either dissolved over time or disbanded due to guild reasons.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
I'm applying on my main.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?
I've RPed as a lawful evil/neutral evil character on my rogue. I haven't been part of a group that has done the same. I'm looking forward to seeing how that would work but I'm also looking for a group to do the things wow has to offer. I enjoying raids, mythic+ and especially enjoy PvP.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?
I've done most of the PvE content this game has offered. I tanked or dpsed during vanilla, BC and wrath. I took a break from the game during Cata. I focused more on PvP during MoP and WoD but I casually did raids either as flex, LFR or pugged normals. I focused on tanking PvE during Legion. I tanked +15 and 16 mythics. I mostly raided heroic raids with a few mythic bosses thrown in. AotC in Emerald Nightmare, Night Hold, Trial of Valor and Antorus the Burning Throne. I haven't done much PvE this expansion outside of some casual mythic+ and LFR.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?
Highest I got in RBGs was 1994. Highest in arenas was around 1880. While I enjoy PvE a lot, I much prefer PvP.

Provide an armory link to your character.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... dustfingur

What days/times do you typically play this character?
I'm on most weekdays for around 2-3 hours depending on when I get home from work in the evening. I'm more active on Friday and the weekends but how long I'm on can vary from all day to 4-5 hours.

Are you prepared to check these forums at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
I am.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
Troll rogue. I've been fascinated with trolls in the game since Warcraft 2 and Zul'jin. Trolls are my preferred race and I enjoy rogues for their play style. I like to be able to decide whether or not a fight is worth jumping into when I solo play out in the world.

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?
I have and I can.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
I've RPed my character as Lawful Evil as well as Neutral Evil on Emerald Dream so I consider this just fine.

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
In the game my rogue is named Dustfingur but IC his name is Zalanjo. I did not see anything in the rules mentioning if this is frowned upon or not. If it is I don't mind doing a name change

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
I do not
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Re: Application for Dustfingur

Unread post by Syreenna »

Admitted
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda