Nizzie Stiffwidget

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Nizzie
Lost

Nizzie Stiffwidget

Unread post by Nizzie »

Grim Application For Nizzie Stiffwidget

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
I saw the thread on TNG. I used to play on TN long long ago, and though I doubt we interacted enough to be remembered, (I was Elveria/Rahnzakh) a lot of these names look familiar.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
RP'd since about 2007 in WoW, FFXIV, and a couple other games. To me, Heavy RP means being in character during as much of your gameplay time as possible, and playing how your character would whenever possible. I value immersion above just about everything else in an MMORPG. This is why I want to join The Grim.

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.
I was in The Cartel Enforcers back in Vanilla/TBC in my cringy teenage years, which was one of my favorite RP communities. Since then, I bounced around between RP and non-RP (mostly IRL friends) communities. In Cataclysm and MoP I was in The Dusk Watch on Alliance, and even though most of my friends played Alliance, Horde has always been my true home. In WoD/Legion/BFA I've played sparingly, dabbling instead in Vanilla WoW private servers. The game has changed a lot, and I want to have an active group to explore it with.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
Since I'm a (semi-)returning player, Nizzie is my main. My most geared character is Xieming on Bloodhoof, who I've played off and on with a non-RP guild. I've never really been able to stick to it because I don't have an RP community to play with over there. I don't plan to play that character very much, if at all.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?
I haven't done a whole lot of BFA content, so it's hard to answer without knowing what all is out there. I do want to casually raid, and M+ seems like a good way to have fun with friends during content. And, of course, roleplay. I don't PvP much anymore but until MoP, I did PvP exclusively, so I'm in for any guild activity that involves PvP. The bottom line is, I like to do content with friends or guildies, not random pugs I'll never talk to or see again. Whatever it is, I'm probably down if it's with friends.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?
I have always been a very casual raider. In vanilla I cleared MC, ZG, and AQ20 and my biggest claim to fame was having Will of Arlokk, that snake-shaped staff from ZG lol. Generally I like to do content for the "fun with friends" aspect, but I do get serious when progressing. I play DPS almost exclusively.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?
I did a ton of arena from TBC through Cata, along with world PvP, but fell off when MoP gutted the discipline priest. I've always loved World PvP, though I haven't done much War Mode because I have been playing solo and I'm also way out of touch with how to PvP in 2019. I tried it, but just got stomped. I decided to level first. I'm eager to try it again later.

Provide an armory link to your character.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ord/nizzie

What days/times do you typically play this character?
I'm around all day for now, though I start a new job in May and will likely follow a general 40hr-wageslave-type schedule. Free on weeknights and weekends.

Are you prepared to check these forums at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
Yes

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
Goblin Warrior. I picked goblin because I've never played one, and always wanted to while I was stuck with friends on Alliance side. I picked warrior because I enjoy Fury, and also because the goblin bruiser archetype sounds fun to RP.

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?
Yes

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
Yes, my main during Cata/MoP would fit in great with The Grim, if only she weren't a human.

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
Yes

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
To be honest, since it's been several years since I've been part of a structured heavy RP guild, I'm going to have to shake off some rust. I'll probably be somewhat shy and overthinking my writing as I settle in. Hope that's okay. I'm confident that it'll all be great in the long run.
Khorvis

Re: Nizzie Stiffwidget

Unread post by Khorvis »

Welcome back to the roleplay servers, Nizzie. I've replied to your Letter of Intent.
Khorvis

Re: Nizzie Stiffwidget

Unread post by Khorvis »

Admitted.