Artorius Dawnflare (Zanon)

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Razdrik

Artorius Dawnflare (Zanon)

Unread post by Razdrik »

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
- I know no one within the guild. I was browsing the WoW forums for a guild that would suit my needs (raiding not on wednesday, active, with a roleplaying scene).

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
- I've roleplayed in WoW since Vanilla, and before that, I roleplayed in Neverwinter Nights for a year or two. I deeply understand the WoW lore and I abide to it, but sometimes the quality of my text suffers because english is not my maternal language. I do consider myself a Heavy RPer in the sense that I never break character and seldom randomly act OOC in a player hub.

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.
- Started off in Thorium Brotherhood around patch 1.12, roleplayed Alliance-side and PvPed up to Rank 10, transfered to Shadow Council around the time of WotLK because I stuck with my buddies who wanted a better raiding scene, quit WoW for a few months and came back in Cataclysm just to see that most of my friends had quit the game. I've mostly played guildless throughout the expansions, using the cross-realm option to play with some new friends I've met, but I long for the kind of community I had back in Vanilla and TBC. Socializing with people is honestly the one thing that keeps me going in WoW.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
- I just switched Horde side because most of my friends avoid Alliance, and I decided that this mage will be my main.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?
- Everything. I've roleplayed up until WotLK (and even when I had stopped, I still followed the WoW lore to keep up to date), I've done World PvP during my stay in Emerald Dream, I love achievement runs and M+, I do whatever my group feels like doing.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?
- I raided Zul'Gurub, Molten Core and Kara, completely avoided PvE up until Legion where I decided I'd try PvE. Cleared Tomb of Sargeras on Normal and started Antorus a bit late since the expansion was ending (I never got around to find a raiding guild that didn't disband :( ). I enjoy Healing and Ranged DPS for raids.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?
- I enjoy Rogue, Warrior and Hunter PvP. I never tried caster PvP before, but I am willing to learn. I never bothered with arenas, mostly sticking to world pvp and BGs, but the one time I did 2s I hit around 1950 in arena rating.

Provide an armory link to your character.
- https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... cord/Zanon

What days/times do you typically play this character?
- Unless it's the weekend, You may see me online around 3 to 8 PM server time. Weekend it varies, I'm never too far away when there's b.net or discord.

Are you prepared to check these forums at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
- Sure.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
- Blood Elf Mage. I don't really like the mage options for the Horde. From the races available, and keeping in mind the other alts I already have on this server, I felt like roleplaying a Blood Elf for once. This is actually the first Belf I've rolled since TBC. I love their lore, and I love this inner conflict Sin'dorei have regarding Sylvanas' decision making. She was the one who brought them in the horde and she is now the one calling the shots. How do they feel about the undead? There is so much potential for RP here.

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?
- Absolutely.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
- Lawful Evil is usually one of three alignments I use when I play DnD (others being true Neutral and Chaotic good). I understand that being Evil doesn't necessarily mean that your character is going to be using violence whenever possible, and it doesn't mean that they view themselves as evil, either. Evil is just a point of view. When I play a Lawful Evil character, I think of a character who is willing to follow the rules but will not shy away from violence or other extreme solutions if necessary to further their agenda. They do not kill for nothing, they kill only if necessary and if it benefits them. In Artorius' perhaps flawed mindset, he is getting his hands dirty for a greater cause, and his actions are absolutely justifiable.

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
- Yes.

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
- I was wondering if the guild acted as an army of some sort, if I was going to be required to take part in military drills, etc.
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Re: Artorius Dawnflare (Zanon)

Unread post by Syreenna »

Zanon wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:34 pm Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
- I was wondering if the guild acted as an army of some sort, if I was going to be required to take part in military drills, etc.
We have ranks, but we don't consider ourselves a military guild. We've done "marches" through cities before, but not in any type of formation. Saluting and use of titles or ranks is common when greeting someone of higher rank, but we don't do drills or anything like that.
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Qabian

Unread post by Qabian »

That's eerie. I also played TB Alliance in vanilla days.

Yeah, I think we're more cult-y or guerilla than military. So there's a certain expectation of respect for authority/seniority, but it's not really based in rules and regulations as much as "if this doesn't exist, the whole thing falls apart, and we all know it", and I don't think many of our activities are particularly orderly from an IC perspective.

The lawful in our lawful evil comes more from "capacity to co-operate within an organization" which some overly chaotic evil characters just cannot ever manage to grasp. And we have the Mandate ideal that holds above all else, keeping things in line, rather than strict structure.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner
Qabian

Unread post by Qabian »

Admitted (as Razdrik)
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner