Alfyrin Lightsblade

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Alfyrin Lightsblade

Alfyrin Lightsblade

Unread post by Alfyrin Lightsblade »

Grim Application For Alfyrin Lightsblade

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
I first met the Grim on Ravenholdt after the merger with Twisting Nether. I was briefly involved in the Eclipse storyline and made acquaintance with Syreenna.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
I am a career roleplayer, so to speak, with some 20 years’ experience going back to IRC and forums. I began roleplaying in WoW at the height of Burning Legion, and have some long-established characters that have helped shape me as a person. Roleplaying has been a lifelong passion for me, and I endeavor to portray my characters as believably as possible, with as much heart and depth as I can impart them.

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.
I joined World of Warcraft during Burning Legion, and quickly found myself in a roleplay guild called Bloodfury Clan. I gained leadership of the Bloodfury and maintained it proudly through a fair number of wonderful years before life demanded a break. I have since returned to the game, but no longer exercise my position. The character in question for this application has worked with several groups, but maintained herself largely unaffiliated.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
I play Alfyrin about equally to my main, largely because they are two different aspect creatures, each with their own backgrounds and ideologies. I enjoy exploring each of them equally.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?
Always with a focus on Roleplay, I enjoy PvP on a regular basis, but really put my back into raid healing.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?
I enjoyed the challenge of heroics in Burning Crusade and raided regularly throughout Wrath of the Lich King. While I have largely been on a DPS role, I also took on the Healer role and found it enjoyable – monitoring boxes to make bars go up is soothing.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?
I have historically taken part of many world RP-PvP events that have been very enjoyable, as well as my number of unrated battlegrounds (with some minor 2v2 arena dabbling). These have largely been on a Rogue DPS role, however, but I look to develop my skills as a PvP Healer.

Provide an armory link to your character.
Alfyrin Lightsblade

What days/times do you typically play this character?
Crazy work schedule permitting, I may be available on the evenings of Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. These are all very varied, however, and can change on a dime.

Are you prepared to check these forums at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
Naturally – I will endeavor to set up notifications for this purpose.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
Blood Elf Priest. Alfyrin’s demeanor necessitated that she weren’t a martial combatant, thus disqualifying her from taking a role as a Paladin in the service of the Light. She has rather focused on matters of the spirit during her tenure as Confessor – to be a Priestess was simply the obvious choice.

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?
I have. Alfyrin’s character development is taking steps in this direction, acknowledging that neutrality is no longer an option and that to ensure the survival and proper place of the Horde on Azeroth, measures must be taken.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
I have written my fair share of evil characters as engines to further plot and character development. As such, I understand their motivations. I do adhere to the concept of moral nuance and believe a character like Alfyrin may align her goals with a character of different moral standing with understanding and insight.

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
Yes; after consulting the matter, I have made the adjustments necessary for this.

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
None at the moment – thank you for your time.
Qabian

Re: Alfyrin Lightsblade

Unread post by Qabian »

Admitted.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner