Oshgaru

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Zulric
Lost

Oshgaru

Unread post by Zulric »

Grim Application For Oshgaru

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
I actually discovered the Grim through WoWprogress initially, as I had given up on finding a RP guild that raided consistently. Through that I ended up searching the official site along with the forum post, and it caught my interest. I also have a btag friend, Judgar, who told me he joined the guild.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
I've been interested in the concept of roleplay for almost as long as I can remember, with my initial experience coming from various forms of forum roleplay. In WoW I consider myself an experienced roleplayer, having transferred to WrA back in 2013 or so and I've spent most of those years in various RP guilds and groups. I'm also a somewhat experienced DM, and I've created a number of events for my previous guilds.

I try to take RP seriously, but not -too- seriously. Immersion is very for me and it's usually one of the biggest factors as to whether or not I'm engaged in RP. I don't shy away from darker plotlines and such, although I tend to gravitate towards having 'lighter' characters. I believe that a heavy RPer is someone with the experience and knowledge to create compelling and immersive RP that is enjoyable for themselves and others.

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.
I've been playing WoW for several years now, and I consider myself to be knowledgable about both the game and lore in every aspect I know of. I have a fairly long guild history, many of which I've been an officer in (DM/RP officer) and almost all of which I've left on good terms (if you'd like referrals I can send them to you). I can't speak ill of most of them, the main reason I left is because I felt they weren't adequately satisfying the interests I had in the game -- as a guild with what looks to have both a healthy RP and PvE environment, I'm excited to see what you have to offer!

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
Oshgaru is my main, however I intend to race-change him to a Zandalari once they're available. I initially planned on holding off joining a guild until they became available as a playable race, however they keep getting pushed further and further back so I might as well settle in now.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?
I'm interested in RP, raiding, and M+ with a little bit of PvP sprinkled in. I plan to main my Zandalari Monk for the foreseeable future, and my goal is to sink my teeth into both RP and consistent PvE.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?
I've been raiding since MoP, and I consider myself to be an above average player if PuGs are anything to go by, lol. Most of my raiding experience comes from WrA, and I have one whole Cutting Edge achievement as well as a realm second mythic kill. Otherwise I enjoy more of a casual heroic raiding/+10/+15 dungeon environment. I'm willing to both DPS and tank dungeons and raids.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?
I'm decent at PvP, however I've never fully invested in rated PvP. I've reached 1600~ in 2's back in MoP, but I mostly stick to occasional BGs and world PvP.

Provide an armory link to your character.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... rd/oshgaru (technical difficulty when I was pasting this, if any questions were deleted please let me know.)

What days/times do you typically play this character?
My gaming stamina and interest in WoW has burned out a bit, so I'm not on as regularly or for as long as I used to be. I usually log in every day, however, and I tend to be more available towards the evening.

Are you prepared to check these forums at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
Yes, I am.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
Orc Monk, with future plans to race-change to Zandalari. I created Oshgaru a while ago and he's one of my longest running and most developed RP characters, however his arc has run its course and I'm super excited to main a Zandalari. Oshgaru was originally created as a blademaster-type character with monk training, however that evolved into a full-on monk with heavy roots in Pandaria despite his heritage. Before he became my main now, he was my main for a couple patches in late WoD after I'd given up on my shaman to play a class that's capable of tanking.

As for my Zandalari, troll lore has always been some of my favorite lore WoW has to offer and maining a Zandalari character is an exciting prospect for me.

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?
I have read the Mandate, and neither of the characters have reservations about the Alliance's destruction.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
I have some experience with playing 'evil' characters, both as antagonists and otherwise. As for the characters I have planned, the Zandalari I have lined up idolizes King Rastakhan and after the events of BfDA he'd show little mercy towards the Alliance. That said, I'm also interested in how a more neutral character might interact with a group full of sadistic extremists. The orc I currently have is a former crime boss, with the brutality to match.

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
Nope.

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
I won't press the issue, but I was wondering if there was any reason you prefer Mumble over Discord for voice chat. Most of the people I know of have switched already. Other than that, that about wraps it up -- I look forward to your response, thanks!
Qabian

Re: Oshgaru

Unread post by Qabian »

The short answer to your question is we're an old guild with some old folks who dislike Discord and we humor them by sticking with Mumble. There's more nuance than that, but it's the simple version. We do have a Discord that people are free to use, but any guild-wide PvE or PvP will use Mumble.

Go ahead and drop an IC letter here: viewforum.php?f=10 and we'll set up an interview for you.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner
Qabian

Re: Oshgaru

Unread post by Qabian »

Admitted.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner