Darrethy

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Darrethy

Darrethy

Unread post by Darrethy »

Grim Application For Darrethy.

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
- I know the Grim from the merger between Ravenholdt and Twisting Nether, I was a Warlock then before my character underwent some radical changes into a priest in the aftermath of the Eclipse storyline with Sanctuary.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
- City of Heroes, Warhammer Online, Guild Wars 2, EVE Online, and other MMO's I can't be bothered to remember. At this point I have sixteen years of roleplaying experience.

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.
- I drift from place to place, I can't remember all the guilds i'v been a part of or led for that matter, all they have in common is an unceasing hatred for the Alliance.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
- I rarely play more then one character at a time, Darrethy is my main.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?
- PvP, point me at something blue so I can kill it, then eat it.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?
- I like messing around with DPS builds but i'v never been a serious PvE raider, I prefer live targets. Still, if you need damage in a pinch I can provide.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?
- Warlock, Hunter, and Priest have been my main characters in WoW. Among all of them I favor DPS and group support, anything I can do to help heal, buff, disrupt enemy magical effects, etc between dealing damage is always enjoyable to me. Generally speaking my playstyle matches my characters attitude: Hang in the back and manipulate large scale battles and skirmishes into favorable outcomes, twisting fate if you would.

Provide an armory link to your character.
- https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... d/Darrethy

What days/times do you typically play this character?
- Almost all week I have spare time in the late afternoon or early morning, depending on how damaged my sleep schedule is at the time.

Are you prepared to check these forums at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
- I obsess easily, I likely would.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
- Forsaken, Priest. Darrethy has always been a strong adherent of the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow and the importance of the self, ironically I play a Forsaken out of my fondness for the Alliance. Specifically the Alliance of Lordaeron, both their story resonate with me as well as the contempt they treat their former kin.

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?
- Darrethy has never lived any other way, even when he was mortal he treated his opponents with brutality. In the aftermath of Stormheim and Darnassus too much has been done, too much blood shed, and with the destruction of Lordaeron the only just response is Peace through Annihilation.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
- I generally consider Darrethy more 'Lawful Pissed Off' rather then Lawful Evil, but yes he is capable of evil acts if something needs to be done. It would take a truly horrific act to give him pause, and he generally abides by a strict military structure even in his day to day life, incidentally Darrethy has participated in both the War of Thorns and The Gathering without batting his eyes.

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
- It should fit within an acceptable Forsaken name i'd think, but if you do have problems with it i'm open to critique. The worst I get is it usually sounds a bit too close to 'Dorothy'.

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
- Blight the Alliance, I just felt like typing that.
Qabian

Re: Darrethy

Unread post by Qabian »

Admitted.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner