Kinichi

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

ctroxel

Kinichi

Unread post by ctroxel »

(IC) What name or title do you go by?
      - I am Kinichi, forsworn in body to my tribe, but not in deed.

(IC) What is your gender and race?
      - I am a male tauren.

(IC) What is your class in life?  Why did you choose to follow this class?
      - I have always been akin to the mystical dealings of my former tribe, but cannot pull myself from the midst of a battle. Therefore I have embraced the ways of a shaman.

(IC) How would you describe yourself?
      - I grew up in a wandering Tauren tribe and heeded the call by the horde to liberate Mulgore for all tauren. Upon our victory and helping establish Thunder Bluff I felt a yearning in my soul that I hadn't had in my relatively peaceful years as a calf. I need to feel alliance dying beneath my blades and screaming for mercy from my spells. I promptly abandoned my life with my tribe and the tauren culture and sought out the most blood soaked fields of battle I could. I thrive on my foes succumbing to my might that would not have been utilized if I had followed the largely peaceful ways of my tribe.

(IC) What drives you in life?  Why do you want to be Grim?
      -  Proving myself against all foes whether they be alliance or feral drives me. I want to be Grim because I feel I will be challenged with as many opponents as I need to satiate myself.

(IC) What did you do prior to The Grim?
      - I wandered from battlefield to battlefield under no banner whatsoever killing where killing was needed and performing rituals of healing and death. Primarily of death.

(IC) What are your thoughts on the pact between the Alliance and the Warchief Thrall?
      - I feel the only pact I am bound by are the ones that are forged between my enemies beneath me and my allies behind me.

(OOC) The Grim is a role-playing guild that requires full immersion (heavy RP) of their members.  What does that mean to you?
      - It means that I will be able to meld two of my passions in life, the fantasy genre and MMOs.

(OOC)  The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild, ruled by structure and a defined chain of command with the intent to see the complete annihilation of their enemies.  How does your character's personality and storyline follow the Grim Mandate?  Is there any conflict between how you want to play your character and the theme of the Grim?  If so, what do you expect out of you joining?
    - Normally I tend to play a Neutral Evil character, I feel that I can function well in a Lawful Evil guild, and that I have a role to play. Honestly this is the first character I've generated a backstory for and it was slanted towards fitting in with the Grim from the start. The Grim's mandate does in my defense, however, fit exactly with the type of character I wish to play. I don't believe there is any conflict between me wanting to kill alliance and the Grim wanting me to kill alliance.

(OOC) What sort of role-playing experience do you have, online or off-line?  Do you consider yourself a beginner or Gary Gygax?
      - None. I am the perfect example of a beginner.

(OOC) Do you have any previous WoW experience?  (PvP, Raiding, Battlegrounds, Different Servers, Different Guilds, Different Factions, etc.)
      - I started off on a regular server due to my friends playing on it. Around level 40 sitting around in Scarlet Monastery making chicken noises at the Horde, I couldn't take it anymore and struck off twards a pvp server. Since then I've only level'd up my shaman to a respectable level, (mid 50's when 60 was the max). I haven't played wholeheartedly in about 2-3 years.

(OOC)  What are you, the player, looking for in the Grim? What are your expectations of the guild?
      - I'm looking for community. To me game mechanics, levels and armor are all byproducts of people enjoying themselves, and to achieve that on an MMO you have to enjoy the people and environment you're playing with. I feel that I could fit in well here due to be tendency to be an elitist and bloodthirsty.

(IC/OOC) Do you have anything further to add?

I'm very new to Roleplaying but wish to give it my best effort. This was my first ever bit of roleplaying. I take criticism very well, I'm not here to play drama games, I love competition both in PvP and PvE and I can't stand to be mediocre.

Thanks for your consideration.
Qabian

Re: Kinichi

Unread post by Qabian »

"All foes whether they be Alliance or feral"?  That is an interesting choice of word, indicating lack of domestication?  Not that humans don't prove themselves time and again to lack the ability to remain domestic.  If they did, Stormwind would be even easier to burn.  I digress.

Proving yourself?  Yes.  Satiate?  Satisfaction?  That yearning in your soul... Do you know its origins?  Can you guess at them?  If it should be external, rather than driven by the self, you can see how something that would turn you betrayer to a previous life might be a cause for concern when establishing new loyalties?  Bloodlust can be extremely effective when it is managed and controlled, but if your soul should find a new yearning and you should find you thrive on someone else succumbing to your might...?
Thrysta

Unread post by Thrysta »

Everyone dies.
If this one wishes to kill...

...let him.
ctroxel

Unread post by ctroxel »

By feral I refer to those who are not brainwashed sheep serving the alliance in some petty form or another but also have not committed their efforts to the power of the horde. Not to diminish their threat by referring to them as feral however, in some ways those factions that wish to purely destroy are more dangerous than the alliance due to their unpredictable nature and resources.

I'm wary to guess at the source, however I may provide some insight. In our tribe there is little opportunity for a single calf to distinguish himself besides infrequent encounters with the dwindling centaurs and also no action as a whole. Until the Horde arrived the Tauren were unable to form any sort of permanent gathering place or even drive our nemesis, the centaur, from our land. Pride in oneself is something that is valued distantly behind our relationship with the Earthmother and the land itself. I could not allow myself to rot in Thunder Bluff amongst my complacent tribe members happy to a life roaming the plains, skinning kodo and hearing about continued glory and triumph earned in strange lands.

This burning desire can be simply described as a quest for dominance. Firstly dominance for the Horde, secondly dominance for myself. I feel that every enemy I best in battle fulfills the Horde's desires as well. While I do allow myself to enter into bloodlust and thoroughly enjoy such times, I recognize the need for structure. This has proven itself time and time again by almost every race amongst us. The orcs had near to nothing until organized and led through the portal besides a barren land. Us Tauren couldn't even control our own lands, and an undisciplined undead is just another zombie useful to scare children and attack walls.

While loving to fight I also pride myself on my ability to analyze situations and perform the most logical actions at the time. Whether it be letting innocents die, retreating or sacrificing my life I am able to do so without a second thought. This also applies to orders from competent leaders who are dealing with a larger picture than I am.

I feel that these qualities are what has driven me to join The Grim, and also ones I feel will make me a significant asset to your cause.
Qabian

Unread post by Qabian »

Well spoken.

I would hardly stand in the way of his killing.  I wanted insight, and he provided it.
Acherontia
Lost

Unread post by Acherontia »

Admitted.