Alfred Summerveil

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Alfred

Alfred Summerveil

Unread post by Alfred »

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?

I’ve been keeping an eye on the WrA forums and trade chat channel for the past couple weeks for guilds that stand out to me. I don’t currently know anyone in the guild.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?

I’ve been roleplaying in some form or another for at least a decade. I began on proboards forums and dedicated RP communities for other media. In 2012, I had the revelation that you can roleplay in video games, with an original character. It blew my mind. Throughout Cataclysm, Pandaria, and some of Draenor, I joined and role-played consistently with a Hordeside guild. During Legion, I struggled to find time to play. I ended up unsubscribing and taking a break. I don’t think I’ve truly delved into Heavy RP in the sense that this will be the first guild where guild chat is IC (we always had a separate guild channel for IC communication). That may take a minute to get used to, but generally my complaint with previous guilds was that we weren’t IC enough.

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.

I’ve been playing on and off since BC, although certainly I’ve never been hardcore. I had a lot of fun with 3v3s. I’d like to dabble in more serious PvP and even raiding. I was an officer in the RP guild that I mentioned above, Sons of the Horde, where we mostly organized a “campaign” with DnD-inspired combat. Those events took place weekly, and we peppered in cross-guild events and duel nights. I miss being involved in a community like that.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.

Alfred is my main at the moment. I'm leveling a couple alts, but this is super unlikely to change.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?

Organized PvP is something I’d like to participate in. Normal raiding could be fun too, should there be an opening for melee DPS. For the immediate future, I mostly want to gear Alfred and relearn all the endgame systems. I’ll also never say no to transmog or mount runs.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?

Honestly, very little, but raiding has always been something I wanted to work on. The problem for me has usually been finding a guild that also has an established RP core. I will probably stick with melee DPS, as I’m comfortable with it. Later on I wouldn’t be averse to tanking or healing on an alt.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?

I have a bit of PvP background, but like everything else, my skills will definitely be rusty at best. On this character specifically, I’d probably be focusing on Arms. Once 8.1 and the experience nerf hit, I plan to level a healer specifically for PvP.

Provide an armory link to your character.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ord/Alfred

The page may be slightly wonky for a day or two because I name changed recently.

What days/times do you typically play this character? 

I log in most days of the week, generally in the evening and late night server time. On the weekends I might be on earlier.

Are you prepared to check these forums at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)

Yes, indeed.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?

Blood elf warrior. I know Alfred is an unusual elf name, but there are instances of blood and high elves having names like Doris, Jane, Nicholas, Colin, etc. I considered making him a Forsaken to aid with the name fantasy, but the core character just felt like it would be most faithful as a blood elf. Warriors are my favorite melee class, and fit him better than paladin/rogue/monk.

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?

Absolutely. All of the OOC Mandate is perfectly reasonable. As for the IC Mandate, Alfred is a great candidate to follow it. Better among ranks with a specific goal to pursue, and just as proud of his superiors’ victories as his own (they may as well be one and the same).

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?

I’ve been playing neutral and evil-aligned characters for as long as I’ve been roleplaying at all, but Lawful Evil is a particular favorite. There’s so much room for subversion in those archetypes, and I’ve never been in a guild with that as its modus operandi. Alfred especially is a character that I’ve been wanting to play with a bit more subtlety, and those personalities tend to do their best in long-term RP environments.

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.) 

Yeah, I think so.

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?

Nope! Can’t wait to hear back from you guys.
Qabian

Re: Alfred Summerveil

Unread post by Qabian »

Admitted.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner