Docmanhatan (Doc'threk Warsorrow)

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Docthrek

Docmanhatan (Doc'threk Warsorrow)

Unread post by Docthrek »

Grim Application For Docmanhatan (Soon to be Doc'threk Warsorrow)

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
- I was browsing the WoW forums and came across a post for The Grim posted by Aureilya a couple months back. I do not know anyone in The Grim, but hoping to make new friends soon :-)

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
- I have limited RP experience in WoW, but have a bit of experience with role playing elsewhere...SWTOR and Magic the Gathering (and by a bit, I mean late night, alcohol infused D&D sessions with my college roommate and his BF)
-I'd like to consider myself a heavy RPer, but I need to find the right group of people to RP with. Lots of WoW friends aren't really into it, but I am enthralled with the lore of Warcraft, the history of Azeroth, and the future of the Horde. My desk at work has quite a few Horde decorations, I have a Horde emblem on my car, and my mouse pad is a picture of Illidan crouching outside BT.
- I know how to separate RL and RP. To me, heavy RP is a time to relax, lose yourself in the story line and shrug off the worries and stresses of the day. I think having some emotional and social intelligence/discipline can enhance an RPer's story for the better.

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.
-I've been playing World of Warcraft since Burning Crusade. I've raided end game content and pushed RBG/arena rating in multiple seasons and expansions. I'm not an elitist, douchebag, asshole or judgemental. I play the game to have fun, relax and kill Alliance.
- My guild recently merged with another guild on Thrall-US and I just didn't feel like taking that leap. I have only been a part of three or four guilds since I started playing. I'm not really into guild hopping, and I prefer to make actual friends in game. I still talk with numerous friends from previous guilds (although some are now Alliance scum and should be subjected to the Dark Lady's judgement...) Oops! Kinda slipped there

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
-I am applying on my main character. I have limited time to play, mostly early mornings my time (late night in the US). I do have a few alts, but I'm not planning on bringing them at the moment.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?
-My expectations, if accepted, are to learn more about the RP aspect of the game with friendly and helpful guild members. I'd prefer to focus on PvP, arenas, RBG's. I also enjoy raiding but this content felt a little rushed to me. I'm hoping that in the next patch, PvE content becomes something more in depth and structured. Uldir feels like an Ulduar reboot IMHO.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?
-I've played mostly my shaman since BC. Originally, I played Elemental and would respec to Restoration when asked (before you could swap specs in a rest area and had to make the exodus from Outlands to Orgrimmar and visit the shaman trainer). I've raided Karazhan, BT, Mount Hyjal, killed Arthas and Deathwing, laid siege to Orgrimmar (although I wasn't happy about it) feuded with Pandas, Orcs from a different time and numerous demons within the Burning Legion. I've since played all specializations, finding I'm a much more capable Restoration Shaman than Enhancement or Elemental. I do my world quests as Enhancement, and tend to slip into BG's and Stormstrike my way to killing Alliance scum :-)
- I played DK for awhile back in WotLK, simply because it was new. I like the mechanics of a "Hero Class" but lately have been finding DK's to be a bit boring. I enjoy my shaman, but haven't really given much thought to anything past that.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?
-My PvP experience is more of my wheel house than PvE. I've been 2k in RBG's, and have done lots of world PvP. My arena ratings could be higher if I had the time to dedicate back in the day (work, life, etc...) I am wanting to push above 2k this arena season, just in need of a few good players to achieve this with.
- I'm best as Resto on my Shaman. Healing feels rewarding, as does root, hex, stunning an enemy healer while my team mates slaughter the other gladiators.

Provide an armory link to your character.
-https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ocmanhatan

What days/times do you typically play this character?
- I live in Germany, so I'm six hours ahead of the East coast. I play usually around 11 pm EST-1:00 am EST.
I'm also online during the wee morning hours while at work.

Are you prepared to check these forums at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
-Of course. I have no issue there.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
- Orc Shaman. Because in Go'el we trust (Using that slave name 'Thrall' doesn't sound shamanic enough for me, hehe!)

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?
- I have read the mandate. Also, I appreciate the verbiage on anti-social qualities. While I am not anti-social, I can appreciate that some folks are. I believe that that is thoughtful, as leaders, you bring that point to mention.
-Yes, I can live by that.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
-I do not have direct experience with playing a character of this alignment, but I do know about structure and organization. I was active duty Army for 10 years, so I know a bit about evil, structure, and leadership.

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
-If accepted into the guild, I will be name changing upon server transfer to something more RP and guild guidelines friendly.

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
-I'm sure we will both have questions, but as of right now, I have none. Thanks for the opportunity to apply!
Qabian

Re: Docmanhatan (Doc'threk Warsorrow)

Unread post by Qabian »

Admitted.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner