Armi Aethertide

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Armi
Lost

Armi Aethertide

Unread post by Armi »

Guild Application for Armi Aethertide

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?

My guild was friends with the Grim Echo in FFXIV and I basically met most of the people who were there. Many of them ended up joining my guild later, before me and Ellion quit ourselves due to lack of time/interest. We asked Vashni if we could have a home here in WoW and she pointed us here after asking you guys.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?

I've been roleplaying on MMO's since I started playing them way back in 2003, mostly because I thought that was the norm and I came from a Table Top background. I started a guild in FFXI and have basically been running it ever since, baring some exceptions. I consider myself well versed in RP, but I'm not sure I would call myself a heavy rper. The term "Heavy RPer" tends to mean different things to different games and sometimes I am and sometimes I'm not. Do I want to be in character 100% of the time with little downtime? No. Do I want deeply engaging, overarching story lines with very little "tavern rp"? Yes. So I think it depends. I'll call myself a "Medium" RPer.

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.

I played World of Warcraft from Vanilla to the beginning of Cataclysm on various characters and was in the guild me and Nilhion ran for the majority of it. When all of our friends started to quit, we joined a raiding guild that eventually broke up due to the leaders getting into a huge fight with each other. When we first joined Vanilla we were also in a guild for about a week, but I'm not sure that counts. I've never really been in a guild as a member in any game, mostly because our friends usually follow us from game to game and there are too many of them for any guild to be comfortable accepting us all.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.

It's my main for now. I have all the allied races unlocked, so I may switch to one of them. But we'll have to see, since Armi is a name I've had in most games and I'm used to it at this point.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?

I don't really have any expectations because I would feel bad with me and Nilhion traveling as much as we do. Some raids, some mythics, I'd like to spy on RP because I can't really RP myself haha. I like the environment of Roleplayers, hearing them talk about their characters and the story lines they have, seeing them interact with each other as their characters in a Chat Channel or in a bar. I'm just interested in Story, even if I can't rp myself in any deep way. I really liked the people in the Grim that I met in FFXIV and my expectation comes from how great they were there.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?

I have a bit of experience in raiding. I raided in Burning Crusade and in WotLK, then moved to raiding for 4 years in FFXIV. Usually, I tend to play ranged classes (Armi is a hunter) and like those, but in FFXIV I switched to healer for the raid team and ended up quite enjoying it, so I have that to fall back on as well. Back in the day I was a huge fan of Discipline Priest, but back in the day everyone laughed at me, so my healing career in WoW lasted a week. I have never tanked in any raid scenario, but the interest is there. I was actually going to switch to a Tank in FFXIV but they found one last minute and I got shuffled to healer.
My favorite classes in WoW include : All Hunters, Discipline Priest, Resto/Elemental Shaman, Monk, and Paladin.

Provide an armory link to your character.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ccord/Armi

What days/times do you typically play this character?
Everyday, when I'm not traveling or getting ready to go to on a trip. In BFA I tend to play my Alliance character a lot too, because the reputation is split up and I do like my rep, but I try to get on Armi most of the time.

Are you prepared to check these forums at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)

Yup.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?

(Long tirade here that eventually has a point) I used to play an Alliance character in Vanilla because that's where all my FFXI friends went and I hated it, I wanted to play a Troll but no one wanted to go to the Horde, so I played by myself when I played my Troll and kept my main as a Night Elf. When Burning Crusade was announced and the Alliance got Draenei, I started to get super excited because I finally found a race I liked on Alliance and would not be as salty about it.

Then all our friends rolled Horde in Burning Crusade to play Blood Elves.

Because they all went Blood Elves, and me and Nilheon were starting the guild, we had to roll on Eastern Kingdoms to get some signatures - which meant Blood Elves or Undead. As I hate the Undead model, that left me with Blood Elf. I rolled an alt Troll but Armi just kinda became my main at that point and I'm used to it now.

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?

OOCly, I want to respect the roleplayers around me, by having lore appropriate names and attitudes so that from the outside looking in we still uphold the guilds traditions, even if we don't RP. I understand there's a certain reputation you want to present to the public and I can do my best to uphold it myself.

ICly I need to work some things out for my character a little more to make her fit in the Grim. When I RPed those many years ago, Armi was trying to be an Ambassador to open the lines of communication between the Horde and Alliance to try and foster peace because of the Dark Portal. She wasn't particularly a GOOD character, but because she didn't trust the government (Tabby Smash) of the Sindorei she thought outside help beyond the Horde would be needed. During Wraith she kind of became a Recluse when she realized both sides sucked and she didn't know what she wanted. That's.. kind of the opposite of what the Mandate says so I need some reworks.

I can promise that the reworks will try to stay in line with the Mandate and I'll make her fit in more.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?

I have some experience playing flat out "Evil" when I played a few characters on FFXIV, most of my characters tend to be "The ends justify the means" types that are more Lawful Neutral with varying personalities. To my credit, I've never played anyone Lawful Good. I can make whatever is needed, though I'd prefer a more behind the scenes character like a Scientist or Inventor (For those in FFXIV - something like Siben used to play) or a just a blade sharpener than someone on the front lines.

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)

I think so. Looking over the Blood Elf names back then it fit right in, which is why I ended up using it.

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?

As Nilheon's character fits WAY better than mine, I have to do some reworking, so I won't be doing my letter of intent right away like he will. I am seriously considering a Blacksmith who re-polishes the armor and resharpens to the blades because that could be really fun to play, not sure if that fits though haha.
Qabian

Re: Armi Aethertide

Unread post by Qabian »

Admitted.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner