Vaelariel

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Vaelariel

Vaelariel

Unread post by Vaelariel »

Grim Application For Vaelariel

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
- I happened to notice a Grim guild tag while running through town, and I remembered a guild with that name from my original server. Looked it up on the forums and was excited to see that it was indeed the same Grim from Twisting Nether. I knew some former members from a long while ago, not sure if they are even still around.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
- I've always been interested in RP, it's actually the main reason I play most games. Been RPing in WoW for years apart from breaks, as well as other mmos, tabletop gaming, and larping. I definitely consider myself a heavy RPer, as I said, it's generally my main focus when it comes to gaming. To me, being a heavy RPer means that I always consider my character's personality, ambitions and motivations while playing them, and respond to others with those in mind.

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.
- At the risk of getting negative points here, I started playing WoW during vanilla as an Alliance player, though to be fair I was only playing at the time because my dad wanted to train me up to be his pocket healer, so faction choice wasn't really an option for me. Been in a few guilds over the years, some focused more on raiding, others on RP. A few of the more notable ones that I recall were Church of the Light, a good-aligned Light-based RP guild, The Cult of Kerahl, an evil cult style RP guild, and First Legion, which for a while was one of the premier raiding guilds on Twisting Nether. I enjoyed my time and the RP I had while active, and my time with First Legion definitely helped me get used to the raiding environment.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
- This question is... complicated. I had debated just waiting to apply later on what will likely become my main, but I got kinda excited seeing a Grim running around. But I do intend to make both a Mag'har Shaman and Zandalari Druid once I can, and will likely shift my focus to one of those characters. Healing is my favorite role when it comes to PvE/PvP content, and warlocks are fairly terrible at it.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?
- I've been away from the game for a while now, so I'm open to trying anything out. I'm definitely interested in the raiding, and am certainly willing to jump into PvP as well.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?
- It's been a while since I was really hard into a progression raiding environment, but I do have many happy memories of long raids and looting. I think the last time I was really active with progression raiding was back in WotLK, since then I've been fairly casual about raiding. I've always preferred healing as my role for raiding, my original main was a priest, and I've also enjoyed healing as a resto druid in the past.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?
- PvP has never really been my focus, at least not so far as organized PvP. I do love a good world PvP brawl, brings back good feelings with the old Tarren Mill VS Southshore warzone.

Provide an armory link to your character.
-https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... /Vaelariel
I will add a bit of a disclaimer here, as this account is a not my original one. My access to my original account was lost long ago, as it was all created in my dad's name, so I was unable to recover the login info for it.

What days/times do you typically play this character?
- I'm mostly an evening player (EST) usually, but for the moment my schedule is fairly open, so I'm on around a lot more.

Are you prepared to check these forums at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
- Of course!

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
- Blood Elf Warlock. I liked the blood elves for their lore. I wanted to have a long-lived race so that I could have my character participate in some of the wars and events prior to WoW's timeline. Warlock because I enjoy the class mechanics, and due to the Blood Elves affinity for demonic magic, at least pre-Sunwell restoration.

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?
- I have, and my character can live by it. She doesn't really get along with most others of her race at this point, as she feels that the Blood Elves could be doing so much more to contribute to the Horde's success if they were less concerned with appearances and frivolous magic use. In her eyes, this war has been going for far too long because people seem content to work together against common enemies, and how much easier it would be to protect Azeroth from future threats if everyone was united under a single banner. If achieving that amount of unity requires the annihilation or subjugation of the Alliance, so be it.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
- My time with the Cult of Kerahl, I played a fallen priestess that focused on corrupting others and bringing them into the cult. It was a fun time, especially considering that the same character had been a member of a rival guild (Church of the Light) prior to that, so it was very fun trying to be subtle and evil among former friends and allies.

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
- Yes

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
- Due to an accident years ago, I am not able to speak very audibly, I'm legally mute. I'm more than happy to listen to voice chat with a headset, but I'll need to make any replies with text. I'm hoping that won't be an issue for me to be included with content that normally requires voice chat. Either way, it doesn't diminish my desire to join up!

Peace through Annihilation!
Qabian

Re: Vaelariel

Unread post by Qabian »

Admitted.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner