Shakorr

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Shakorr

Shakorr

Unread post by Shakorr »

The Grim Application For Shakorr (Forum Name: Dyvandir - which is the name I will use on my main toon from Silvermoon after he is transferred here, pending finding a guild that I love on WRA - hopefully this one!)

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
Browsing the WRA forums, I saw a few posts by members of the guild; and in the 'Oceanic RP' community I posted a hello - Qharim, one of your members saw that post and contacted me to mention the clan. From connecting the two - I have come to apply.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
Many, many, many years ago I did a little RP in WoW (BC!) on Scryers. I've had very considerable time RPing Imperial-side on SWTOR, and a significant amount of time in Black Desert Online. I have a pretty good grounding in the lore of WoW; and have always wanted to RP here properly - this is the time!

I've typically been a medium-heavy RPer - it's rare to find a community as serious about RP as this one - but I'll be very happy to dive IC and stay there!

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.
I've been playing WoW on and off (mostly on) since early in BC; but joined the game on Silvermoon, where my RL friends played. There, I have run a moderately successful social-PvE guild <Triumvirate> for about 10 years. The community has shifted though; and while I still adore many of the players there; my heart has called me to RP, and I can't deny it any more. It's time for a move; and hopefully this is the destination.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
As mentioned above, I'm applying on an alt; but with a definite purpose that I'll be then joining the guild that I reallly 'fit' on WRA with my main - making a new home. Tarblood (Silvermoon) was my main from the moment Wrath dropped until the start of legion; at which point I made the tough decision to switch to my Demon Hunter Kaatul (Also Silvermoon; will rename to his RP-name, Dyvandir if/when I make my move).

As mentioned above; what I'm looking for is RP to really sink my teeth into.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?
Mostly, I want to RP. That said; I'd relish the chance to get into heroic raiding. I'll happily work semi-seriously on Mythic-plus also. I have almost no interest in PvP - Australian latency and the paradigm shift between it and PvE has always left me with little interest in it; but hey - perhaps this is the place to sink my teeth into that too.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?
Years tanking and some DPSing on Deathknight (though legion made me fall out of love with that class' gameplay completely). All of Legion as a Vengeance DH. This expansion I've switched to Havoc, and as of this writing, I am currently mythic-geared 341 I-level, and doing approximately 11.5k dps on that toon.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?
Almost none - I'll be effectively starting fresh; though I found I was a pretty good flag carrier as Veng DH.

Provide an armory link to your character.
Shakorr: The character I've applied on: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... rd/Shakorr
Kaatul: My main on Silvermoon: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... oon/Kaatul
Tarblood: My former main on Silvermoon: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... n/Tarblood

What days/times do you typically play this character?
Slightly sporadic - I'm Australian, but also a shiftworker. I'll be around quite frequently.

Are you prepared to check these forums at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
Absolutely!

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
Mag'har Orc, Shaman. I've never levelled a shaman before; and I desperately love the Mag'har racial armour. I finally had a clear idea for a character when I combined the two; so here I am. =)

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?
I have, and he can.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
'Evil' is a word that outsiders apply when they behold from without. I'll never play an evil character. That said: I play characters who are decisive, unafraid of sacrifice, dutiful, loyal and relentless. I play characters who server the horde; and gladly speak in support of actions that further horde goals. For instance: Sylvanas' use of the plague at Lordaeron was certainly not 'nice'; but it did almost end the War of the Thorns before it even began.

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
It does!

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
I look forward to meeting everyone, and hope that this will be an exceptional fit!
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Re: Shakorr

Unread post by Syreenna »

I changed your forum name to match your character name. If you switch mains, it is easy enough for me to change your forum name again.
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Qabian

Unread post by Qabian »

Since your Letter of Intent takes into account Razor Hill tonight, I assume we'll see you there (6pm server). If not, then I'll reply to it after~
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner
Shakorr

Unread post by Shakorr »

Thanks, Syreena! And yes, Qabian - I was planing to just show up.. Wasn't sure if the post wouuld be spotted in time, and the idea of waiting another week didn't appeal! I'll look forward to seeing you then!
Qabian

Unread post by Qabian »

Admitted.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner