Velystae

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Velystae

Velystae

Unread post by Velystae »

Grim Application For Velystae

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
WRA Discord/Forums, No.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
Way back during Vanilla when Blackwater Raiders was actually an RP realm (you know what I mean...), I was introduced to RP questing in the Wetlands. Some guy approached my paladin IC and we had a nice chat about what bags he had available. In exchange for some RP, I got some bags. I've been hooked ever since, coming back to WoW and RPing off and on. Also in SWTOR, ESO, and some other games as well as DnD sometimes.

I used to consider myself a heavy RPer but I would say I am more situationally heavy, now. I also enjoy the gameplay. I usually like to RP with my PvP, but not quite as much my PvE. I can and have before, though!

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.
I mean, yes. I've led a few and I've been a grunt in a few more. I am currently semi-leading one on the Alliance, but now that it is stable with a core of officers and folks that generate their own RP, I need more Horde in my life. It also may be on the verge of dying; it's turning into an OOC guild. I have put months into it, but I can recognize when the ship is sinking.

The best guild I was in was the Scythe of Sylvanas so long ago!

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.

I want Velystae to become my Horde main, and if I enjoy the RP enough, perhaps my full time main. I see so much potential for a variety of stories on the Horde right now that I simply don't on the Alliance. (I have been Horde forever as well, so there's that...)

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?
PvP, mythics, casual end game PvE

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?
DPS! DPS! KILL IT WITH FIRE. I like classes with a lot of mobility and utility in addition to just being a DPS cannon. Keeping the raid alive somehow via mechanics or appropriately killing adds is always worth the DPS drop.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?
Also DPS, also mobility. I dislike playing as stealth-y classes in PvP though.

Provide an armory link to your character.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... d/Velystae

What days/times do you typically play this character?
In total, I'm active weekdays from about 6pm EST until 11 EST at the very latest (gotta sleep sometime) and I can be active on the weekends at odd times, from morning to after midnight or not at all. I work a pretty regular (see: 8-4ish) schedule during the week.

Are you prepared to check these forums at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
Sure!

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
Blood Elf Demon Hunter. I have always loved BElves. I rolled DH briefly in Legion but, I find their RP more interesting now that they aren't at the forefront of the story. Identity crises are fun, IC. Blood Elves have a ton of history to go on, it's a match made in heaven!

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?
Yes.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
I'm one of those "good and evil are subjective" types. My character doesn't view herself as evil, nor her actions; they are a means to an end. If the Light can turn people into slaves just as much as the Void, who's to say what's really "good" out there? (Yes, I like "dark" RP that is often coined as "evil" by various moral standards. No qualms here.)

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
Yep.

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
Nope.
Qabian

Re: Velystae

Unread post by Qabian »

Admitted.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner