Thales Application

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Kevos

Thales Application

Unread post by Kevos »

Grim Application For: Thales Silverbane ( IC name, OOC Thalès )

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?

- Found you guys on Wyrmrest Accord's forum ! No, I don't know anyone in The Grim.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?

- I've started roleplaying at MoP launch. Although I took some break from WoW since then, I've been roleplaying a bit on ESO, LOTRO and Warcraft III. I would consider myself as a medium RPer; since my native language is French, I'm indeed not fluent in English as most WoW Rpers. I prefer to keep my roleplay simple but efficient - I, although, give great importance to Lore and never derogate from it.

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.

-I've been playing WoW since 2008. I started on a WotLK private server and ended up on Official around Cataclysm I was part of a RP guild for 2 years during MoP, but it disbanded after most of our members simply left the game. I found roleplay in a guild much more satisfying than random walk-up because of the long-term progression in the story.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.

- Thales is my current main. I'm enjoying Prot Pal a lot, and I intend to keep it that way for a while.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?

- I've recently started doing PvE content with Thales such as Mythic Dungeon and I'm eagerly awaiting Uldir. I'd like to be a core member of your Raiding/Mythic+ group! As of PvP, I'm always in Warmode and really like it, although I've never done any RBG or serious arena. I have more experience in PvE

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?

- During MoP my RP guild used to raid and we went as far as Heroic Thok. I played a hunter DPS at that time. I came back to the game in pre-Argus and I've done some normal Antorus as a Ret Pal (Thales). I've switched to Tank right before BfA, completed the mage tower tank challenge ( Really wanted that flail !) and I've been enjoying Protection ever since. Right now I'm 323 Ilevel and upgrading it every day.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?

- As I already told above, except random BGs I don't have any PvP experience, although I'd be willing to give it a try if you guys need a Tank or Ret paladin.

Provide an armory link to your character.

- https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... hal%C3%A8s

What days/times do you typically play this character?

- Mostly everyday from 4PM to 11PM EST. I'm currently in college so, indeed, my schedule is prompt to changes.

Are you prepared to check these forums at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)

- It's already in my browser favorites ;)

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?

- Sin'Dorei Paladin. Mostly because my first character ever back in 2008 was a Sin'Dorei Paladin, and I really like both Race / Class aesthetic.

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?

- Absolutely! Even though I'm a paladin, Thales is still one of the few Blood Knight who prefers to drain Naaru's power instead of embracing the light in a Disney way such as Liadrin does. Peace through annihilation !

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?

- My previous RP guild was a Dark-themed Noble House (I know...) so I'm quite comfy in this environment. I like to be malicious and dark in video games, as I'm the perfect opposite IRL.

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)

- My RP name is Thales Silverbane. It does fit your guidelines. Although, in order to have the name '' Thales '' In Game, I needed to add an '' è '' to my character name. If it poses a problem, I'd like to discuss it with you but I'm open to do a name change if absolutely needed.

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?

- Not a question, but I'm eager to meet you guys!
Qabian

Re: Thales Application

Unread post by Qabian »

Looks good. Check your PMs when you get a chance. Top of this page on the right.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner