Deldour

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Deldour

Deldour

Unread post by Deldour »

Grim Application For <Qasr'da Shadowfury>

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
-Got poked about it after I said I was looking for a guild with certain requirements in the WrA discord.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
-I am a heavy RPer. A lot of my RP comes from Moon Guard Alliance or my Tauren Tribe here on WrA Horde. I've got a lot of alts. This toon I am applying with, honestly, is not my main one for RP in any sense. I have had barely anything with him. He's been a recent project, but he is my main content-wise.

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.
-I have played vanilla and had my own account in BC-Wrath time, but I only started really getting into playing (getting to max and doing more) at the end of Warlords. That's about when I started Roleplaying in WoW specifically. One of my first guilds was a shadow cult on Moon Guard called Ordo Tenebrae, which I loved dearly. I also GMd myself for six months in a crime-based guild, met some good friends and even my girlfriend through there (1 year), but ultimately I just couldn't manage it. Too much going on. Too much drama (bc some bad folk on MG). And not much payoff.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
-Main content-wise. Not RP-Wise. I'd like to do more with him RP-wise, but I have had no chance. He definitely will never be the main RP-wise though.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?
-Organized PvP primarily. I've really been enjoying World PvP and would be down to try out some Rated BGs, though I don't have any previous experience with Rated. I am ready and willing to learn.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?
-I don't raid. I do not plan to. I am sorry. I do not have the time to dedicate and learn and consistently do it, so I won't act like it and cause problems because I wasn't truthful about it. I do like tanking though and Mythic dungeons seem fun, quicker, easier; but never really did them much.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?
-Been Playing BGs for about a year. Coming onto Honor level 28-29. I prefer to play DK, either Blood or Frost. Windwalker Monk is also fun, and I am planning to learn more about others.

Provide an armory link to your character.
-https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... rd/Deldour

What days/times do you typically play this character?
-Evenings. Usually weekends, but during the week as well. Schedules tough to predict because I work in news and I get called into work a lot for filmings or fixing tech up.

Are you prepared to check these forums at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
-I mean, I am willing to try, but I recommend discord because it *is* a lot easier to communicate with.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
-Orc Blood DK because it's fun, immersive, and got a neat racial.

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?
-Yes, and yes.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
-Chaotic and Neutral Evil, yes. Lawful Evil is something new that I look forward to.

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
-The toon's name ICly was supposed to be Deldour, but I didn't think it sounded orcish enough after the fact so I went with something else. I go by "Del" or "Deldour" for a long time now and have had RP with characters using the name before but have since been dropped or retconned. Hope that the name isn't a huge problem(?) I'm a little confused on why it would so long as the RP addon is accurate, but I would think it is appropriate.

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
-NA
Qabian

Re: Deldour

Unread post by Qabian »

I don't think a name variance between IC and the game should be a problem, but I don't think all of us have TRP running, so he might get called Deldour with some regularity anyway.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner
Qabian

Re: Deldour

Unread post by Qabian »

Admitted.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner