Traejan

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Traejan
Lost

Traejan

Unread post by Traejan »

Grim Application For Traejan

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
I was referred by a DM from Frost on the Wyrmrest Accord discord after posting that I was actively looking for a PvE/RP guild. I don't currently know anyone from the guild.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
I actively roleplayed in WoW throughout Wrath of the Lich King and on into Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria. I originally RPed extensively on Kirin Tor before coming to Wyrmrest Accord and did a full overhaul of my storylines, starting fresh. I left the game in Warlords but returned briefly during Legion. I also have RP experience in general around about 15+ years at this point. I make most, if not all of my choices regarding what I do in-game based on possible RP opportunities (such as what classes to level, etc.). I also RP independently in DnD and original stories GMed by friends, FFXIV, and Secret World Legends.

I consider myself a heavy RPer because I play through MMORPGs and other things typically giving consideration to the IC actions of my character. Everything for me is character-driven and I like to find connections between the existing storyline and my character at any given point. When I went away from WoW it was because I was finding it difficult to connect my character ICly with what was happening and time constraints with being active in the game and at the time my RP community around me was very small with how things ended up. I am looking to return and find something new and relevant with BfA.

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.
I have been playing since Burning Crusade and have been RPing the character I am applying to the guild with since WotLK launch. I have a very extensive history of both RP and PvE experience with this one character. I have been somewhat shy about returning to WoW as this is the first time I was ever previously involved heavily with an RP comm, left, and then returned intending to start something new. My past experiences were numerous and I had a strong presence on what was the IC Wyrmrest Accord twitter project. I would actually love to see a resurgence of that project because I think it is a great way to RP even when we can't be in-game, but I am also pursuing more involved methods of RP as of late now that I once again have more time to do so.

My character was formerly a member of The Loyal Few, which may or may not be known to those reading this. That being said, I fully understand the OOC and IC controversy related to that guild in the past. To those unfamiliar with it, it was suspected to be composed of Scourge-aligned individuals ICly and OOCly was associated with some amount of player drama. While I was a part of the guild it's been quite a bit of time since any of that was a thing or remotely relevant (going on about 5+ years now based on the oldest twitter posts) and I have no desire to be a part of or contribute to drama (other than the desired, agreed upon ICly variety). ICly, my character has done far more actively for the Horde in the interests of erasing any doubts about his loyalties in the intervening time. I have also done the sort of "noble" or "upper class" sort of RP that pops up a lot with elves and RP my character as such. However, while this is an IC title it's not something used to "pull rank" on other characters. At this point the fact that he might flaunt wealth and excess is more of an extended joke than something used in absolute seriousness, but I make note of it given the history of the character.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
No, this is my main. I may apply for an alt in the future. I have played this same character since Death Knights became a thing in WotLK, since launch day. I have played through the various changes to the spec and held to my Unholy spec throughout. While I loved the original incarnation of the Unholy DK I am still quite satisfied with what I've seen of things in recent times as well as what can add to my RP and have no doubt I will continue on as such.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?
It will be great to have a community and friends outside the 2-3 people I interact with in roleplaying now. While they are great, they are mostly in other games or not up to the level of what I am trying to do with the new BfA xpac. I knew going into BfA that I would likely seek an active guild as I hope to get back into raiding and RP. I am eager to returning to RP in the Warcraft universe as I have definitely missed it in my time away. I am really enjoying the current events in canon and want to get involved. I am also interested in PvE in all forms and being able to participate in progression endgame activities. I am interested in PvP as well, though in general in my experience I have done much less of that compared to PvE.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?
In WoW in general back in WotLK and Cata I was a heavy raider. My guilds in WotLK defeated ICC on Heroic and earned our frostbroods back when it was still hard and at level. I don't use this to brag at all, as raiding is likely a different animal now, but I mention it because I am the sort of player who is willing to work hard for the goals of the guild and also be willing to accept constructive criticism. It certainly wasn't easy at the time, but we managed it because we were a good group that stayed together and determined. That's the sort of mentality I feel is necessary in progression raiding. Every wipe is an opportunity to reexamine the strat and try something new. There is no better feeling than accomplishing things after hard work with a dedicated group of friends! I don't consider myself an outstanding player in any game by any means. If anything, I think I am pretty average at gaming so I am always looking for pointers or suggestions to be better at my class. Right now I am applying as a DPS DK but in the past in addition to melee DPS I have main tanked for a guild (through Naxxramas) and I have also been a main healer as well, so I am open to all roles. What I do personally matters less than the success of the guild, so I am willing to alt for this purpose or work an off-spec to fill roles as necessary.
I haven't raided in a "hardcore" capacity since Wrath and Cata, only having run LFRs since. At the time I was top DPS in my guild as an unholy DK. I am not sure how viable that spec is with the current balance, but I aspire to be the best that I can be with my spec. I have no objections to tanking but I have not done so regularly in some time. What I enjoy about my main being a hybrid class is that I am able to fill roles as needed! I do also enjoy healing in MMOs quite a bit in general (most of my non-WoW mains are healer or healer off specs).

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?
I have not done too much PvP, mostly just world PvP and battle grounds. In my earlier days playing WoW I was on an RP-PvP realm and spent quite a bit of time getting familiar with bored folks coming back to gank lowbies in low level areas and random 40 man PvP raids in random spots like the Hinterlands. I find PvP to be great fun, even the times where we're consistently losing! I enjoy healing and DPS roles in PvP and prefer playing the defence to the tank classes (meaning I'd rather be healing or the one killing the people who are trying to murder the flag carrier than being the flag carrier personally).
It's worth mentioning that I have not experimented with war mode as of yet, as I am still getting back up to speed with things since returning and have focused more on questing and leveling up.

Provide an armory link to your character.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... rd/Traejan

What days/times do you typically play this character?
I am usually able to be online from 6-6:30 EST time onward until about midnight-1:00am EST time. These times are more open on Saturdays or Sundays. I occasionally have RL obligations that might alter this (overtime or what have you) but I can usually move things around and plan around events I know about ahead of time.
I am also accessible on Discord almost always, so if there is anything going on on Discord I am typically reachable even at work.

Are you prepared to check these forums at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
Yes, knowing that that is a thing means it will be something that I can do and will want to do!

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
Traejan is a blood elf Unholy Death Knight. I have been playing him as such since he's existed. I chose this race and class because I enjoy high/blood elf lore and wanted to work with the death knight lore as I love the undead and Scourge lore quite a bit. In the many years I have been playing him as a character I've been able to do quite a bit with him and have a lot to work with. I feel like I have a lot of opportunities for creativity within this combo that I've had a lot of fun with over time.

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?
Yes. I think the Grim's ideals are perfect for the sort of character that Traejan is. He believes in a sort of 'brutal efficiency' -- as I tend to phrase it -- more than anything else and has always been of that sort of alignment, even if it's been unpopular with the Horde at large. As such he has not always been a good candidate for the majority of guilds or the sort of mostly blood elf exclusive "order" guilds, as he tends not to gel well with them on the basis of his methods or his personality. He values action and achieving the goal (and prevailing over the Alliance) more than anything else, regardless of any former ties. Right now, that is his main objective -- for glory, for the security of the Horde and its people, and for profit. His main objective is to do whatever is necessary by any means necessary to de-power the Alliance for the good of the survival of the Horde. He has personal investments in the people and their happiness and is committed to ensuring that for the future. In the past he has thrown his support behind leaders that have ultimately turned out to be unpopular (see: Garrosh before he went big bad) because at the time they were doing what he felt needed to be done while others turned away from the idea. For the most part, he has been aligned with the Forsaken and Sylvanas reliably for many years, feeling that she had the sort of outlook on things that would allow the Horde to go far. However, his alignment is more loose in terms of overall leadership, but the goal has always remained the same -- the good of the Horde and its people on the long term.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
In the past, I have had experience with playing this type of archetype as well as leanings that were more Chaotic Evil and I understand the difference. I also understand that what might be considered "Lawful Evil" for some is not the case for others. For all intents and purposes my character does not feel that what he does is "evil" compared to the true evils of the world, such as the Legion. From an OOC perspective I definitely have experience with the spectrum of alignments and in fact this character has siblings that I play ICly that fall elsewhere on this spectrum. What is exciting though is the idea of being able to integrate with a larger group of like-minded individuals, as for a long time Traejan has operated largely independently or with a very small group that was highly tolerate but perhaps not wholly aligned to his ideals. I think it would be very interesting to see what that sort of environment would enable him to do!

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
I have never had any issues with my character's name. There are no funky characters and I've never had any objections to it in my experience.

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
I look forward to tackling the Alliance with everyone!
Qabian

Re: Traejan

Unread post by Qabian »

Admitted.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner