Laeynna

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Laeynna
Lost

Laeynna

Unread post by Laeynna »

Grim Application For Laeynna

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
I had posted about looking for a guild and giving some ideas on what kind of guild I was in the market for. Aureilya saw it and directed me to a post made on the forums for The Grim. Ironically, about the same time she sent me a letter in-game for it was when I was reading the post already.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
I started roleplaying over fifteen years ago and that roleplay has been across forums, journal-based communities (LiveJournal, Dreamwidth, Greatest Journal), WoW (off and on since 2005), City of Heroes, Champions Online, Final Fantasy XIV, D&D Campaigns both online and in real life, and even the old long-since forsaken Yahoo Groups and Group Chats. Right now, any RP I have been doing has been through Discord.

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.
I began playing WoW in 2005, though I started out on a PVP server to play alongside some friends. My friends who were also RPers made mention of RP realms in WoW, and we made mains Alliance-side on Sentinels. I stayed on Sentinels until everyone ended up transferring to Wyrmrest Accord. (I cannot for the life of me remember when everyone transferred.) When I was on Sentinels, I spent the majority of my time Alliance-side in a guild called Manifest Destiny, which had a plethora of storylines and really tried to incorporate all of its members, which I found welcoming and not something I had seen a lot of objectively in the community at the time.

When RP dwindled on Alliance-side, I made a Horde-side character and started to examine the RP community for comparison. I did join a guild eventually called the Grey Wolves, and the leader was actually the one who convinced me to transfer to WrA, since most of the guild was transferring.

I took decently long breaks between Cataclysm, MoP, WoD, and Legion. By that time, most of my friends had left WoW and I was having a difficult time getting back into any serious roleplay, so every time an expansion would drop, I'd get to level cap, get up to heroic dungeons, maybe do one or two, and then stop until next expansion. When I came back for BFA, I was determined to seriously get more into the community, especially considering I had just come into more free time that I didn't have before.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
Not applicable. Laeynna is my main.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?
I enjoyed casual raiding previously, and I did hardcore raiding during Burning Crusade (which I have neither time nor desire to repeat). I am an RPer at heart and my return to WoW for this expansion is primarily so that I can get involved in that aspect above all other things. That aside, I'm a mount collector and enjoy visiting a lot of the older content to get raid achievements for various mounts I don't already have.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?
I've played a little of every class, mostly to try finding an answer to precisely this inquiry. I enjoy warlock for the ability to do most things solo, but it's gone through some changes (as all the classes have, at this current time), and I can't see myself really ever enjoying it in a serious content sort of situation. I enjoyed hunter when I was last playing it. I prefer healing for content, but I don't have any healing characters anywhere near level cap on Horde side.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?
I have done extremely casual PvP save for BC era, in which I was on both a 2v2 and a 3v3 for arena (hunter). Most of my PvP has been for the sake of transgmogrification garb. As I don't particularly enjoy PvP (but am not against doing it) and haven't done enough of it across varied classes (only warlock and hunter), I don't know if I would enjoy it on another class.

Provide an armory link to your character.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... rd/Laeynna

What days/times do you typically play this character?
I really don't have a set scheduled on when I play. I basically play when I feel like it or when I have plans to be on. In terms of my schedule, I am available every day of the week minus Monday, Wednesday, and part of Saturday. Evenings are better in all cases. I live in EDT.

Are you prepared to check these forums at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
Absolutely.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
Laeynna is a blood elf warlock. She used to be another character a few expansions ago and I remade her character backstory in WoD. I've always been rather intrigued by the Blood Elf backstory and seeing how they've changed as people as game storyline has progressed. She was a warlock before she was Laeynna and at the time I didn't have the money for a class change and even though I do now, I'm just not comfortable jumping into an entirely new class at 110+ when I probably don't know how their skills work. I've never played Laeynna capitalising on being a warlock or making that a core trait about herself.

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?
I have. While Laeynna was made to be a more diplomatic character, it's not an attitude that would be applied toward members of the Alliance. I didn't make her to be that extreme about how peace needs to be achieved [through annihilation, as it were], but she'd be able to objectively see why others would and she'd respect and uphold that.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
Yes. I mentioned it above, but the character Laeynna was before I remade her actually would have fit in perfectly here. Even though I didn't make Laeynna to be a copy and repeat that, I'm interested to see if The Grim would allow her to evolve naturally into that kind of character.

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
Yes. Laeynna's family name is 'Emberflame,' which should reasonably fall into what would be anticipated for Blood Elf naming conventions.

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
I just wanted to issue another 'thank you' to Aureilya for reaching out to me. They were very sweet and welcoming.
Qabian

Re: Laeynna

Unread post by Qabian »

Admitted.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner