Ronazae

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Rona'zae

Ronazae

Unread post by Rona'zae »

Grim Application For Rona'zae

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
I discovered The Grim after browsing the Wyrmrest Accord forums. I recently returned to Wyrmrest Accord after a brief departure to another server, where friends quickly dropped off from playing the game again, so I was looking for a new guild that tackles all aspects of the game with an RP story to sweeten the deal.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
I've RPed for many, many years, both in games and out. My first serious forays into RPing were on Everquest 2, but most of my experience comes from RPing in WoW. I also play a lot of heavy, story driven tabletop RPing games, as well.

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.
I've been playing WoW on and off since beta, and was the most invested during the Wrath of the Lich King era where I raided regularly. Since then, my time available has dropped off due to increased life responsibilities, but with Battle For Azeroth really lighting my passion ablaze again, I'm planning on investing a large portion of time into the game again. As for guilds, I've had a few guilds that I've RPed with, many of which I never officially joined. One of the main ones was a guild called The Wulfgarde, which was prominent during the WoD days.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
No, Ronazae is my main character, through and through. With the changes to Survival, I finally have the class I've wanted since I first starting playing WoW: A melee class with a pet. I've been playing it since Legion (though was mainly Beast Mastery then, due to Survival's... erm... condition), but with the changes made to it in BFA, I've completely fallen in love with the spec, and even based Rona'zae's character around it.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?

Without a doubt, the biggest thing I'm hoping for is a sense of community again. Having a tight knit group of friends that help each other and adventure throughout the world is one of my greatest joys in an MMO. I'm also interested in returning to the raiding scene, and I've been having a lot of fun PvPing with Survival as well.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?
While I haven't raided very hardcore since Wrath, I've raided in other MMOs that have kept my skills sharp (mostly Final Fantasy XIV). Damage is always my go to role, with a preference for melee over ranged.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?
I've only dabbled in PvP in modern day WoW, mainly in the prepatch for BFA. As with PvE, I mostly focus on melee damage when I PvP, though I'm more inclined to play a ranged spec when the composition calls for it when playing against players.

Provide an armory link to your character.
Due to my recent transfer back to Wyrmrest Accord, my character doesn't seem to be appearing in the regularly armory search at the moment. Here is a WoWhead link to her, though. I will be happy to update this later with the actual armory link.
https://www.wowhead.com/list=70277216/u ... ipment-set

What days/times do you typically play this character?
I typically play sporadically during the work day, due to my job having downtime occasionally. Evenings are often reserved for family time, but my wife has a much earlier bed time than I do, so I typically get on around 10PM at night, unless we are gaming together.

Are you prepared to check these forums at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
Absolutely, and I would also love to engage people in some forum RP as well.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
Rona'zae is a Darkspear Troll Hunter. ICly, she is a Shadow Hunter. I went with a Troll Hunter originally because I simply liked how the female troll model's animations looked, as well as their somewhat normal proportions when it comes to armor. However, now that she has become my main, I've begun to craft a character concept around her that I really have come to enjoy, and I feel like she would make a great fit in The Grim's environment.

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?
Yes. Rona'zae's loyalty to the Horde and desire for hunting deadlier and smarter game would definitely lead her to finding a home with an organization such as The Grim, and the Mandate is a word that she could live by.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?

To be honest, not much! I've played a lot of characters from different walks of life, from cranky old shamans to young, zealous Sunwalkers, and even a few pure, Chaotic evil bad guys for friends to RP against. I'm excited to experience this sort of structured environment, and to see where it leads Rona'zae.

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
Yes! My character has nothing funky in her name, though ICly her name is Rona'zae. As a player character, her name is quite vanilla.

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
I look forward to hunting down the Alliance with you all!
Qabian

Re: Ronazae

Unread post by Qabian »

In terms of planning to meet in-game, is the 10pm you mention server time? Or another time zone?
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner
Rona'zae

Unread post by Rona'zae »

Oh yes! I'm on PST, so 10PM would be server time.
Qabian

Unread post by Qabian »

Admitted.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner