Qharim

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Qharim
Lost

Qharim

Unread post by Qharim »

Grim Application For Qharim

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
Aureilya's recruitment post on Wyrmrest Accord's official WoW forums. No other acquaintances from the guild.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
WoW was my first MMORPG and the idea of RPing as a small nobody enticed me greatly coming from a background of Warcraft RTS games. I started RPing in the beta of WoW on Feathermoon back when RP servers were fully IC. It was amazingly fun when the entire server were full of characters with individual stories. Ever since then I've been mostly, if not fully IC in WoW. It is a much superior experience to questing and the game. WoW is the only game I RP in.

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.
I only played in vanilla WoW, led a fully IC RP guild and this is my first resub since about 12 years because the premise of BfA is what I'm really into. I tried joining a few so-called RP guilds so far on WrA but OOC guild chat has taken me out of the experience completely. So I end up soloing content most of the time which I find defeats the purpose of playing an MMORPG.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
I'm applying on my main character, but am hoping to also eventually have a Zandalari troll hunter maybe months down the road.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?
Battle for Azeroth has an amazing premise, especially for RPers. So I'm hoping to find a fully IC guild. This will give Qharim the chance to fully participate in WPvP without breaking immersion. I'm pretty much into all sorts of content, and pretty much am willing to go to the furthest on all of them. I enjoy PvP of all types, duels, dungeoning and raiding on high difficulty levels. Achievements are of no concern to my playstyle :)

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?
Back in vanilla, 40-men raids were common for me. Gearing and content difficulty was extremely harsh and so generally I'm quite used to serious playstyles. I primarily played ranged DPS in raids, but they weren't particularly engaging back in the time when you mostly used a single button or two for entire endgame fights. I'm not too familiar with how Mythic+ plays now!

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?
PvP was/is my main go-to activity in WoW. Large scale open world PvP was what I mainly played before the introductions of Battlegrounds. My characters achieved near High Warlord rank when Battlegrounds was first introduced. Beastmaster Hunter was my favourite playstyle because pets!

Provide an armory link to your character.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ord/Qharim

What days/times do you typically play this character?
Mostly all day at irregular timings due to my work as a musician. I play from Singapore, Asia so my most active hours may not be server peak times!

Are you prepared to check these forums at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
Yes.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
Blood Elf Demon Hunter. After my long hiatus, someone told me Demon Hunters are akin to playing WoW 2.0 because of the advanced mobility. Elves are default for the class so no choice there! Demon Hunter has been extremely fun, and Illidan has been a nice character to relate to so that's a plus :)
Qabian

Re: Qharim

Unread post by Qabian »

Admitted.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner