Thwaho

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Thwaho

Thwaho

Unread post by Thwaho »

Grim Application For Thwaho

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?

I put up an "I need a guild" post in the Wra discord server and chatted with Frost for a bit. My only interaction with the Guild so far has been that.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?

To be completely honest I see myself as a pretty green RPer. I've been in guilds here and there and gone to events and such, but I never really felt too in tune with the group or my character. I think it was because they mostly didn't do anything but rp and I started legion midway through and always had too much to do.

When I hear of "heavy" rper I tend to think someone who mainly rps and doesn't really get into pvp or pve stuff. I don't really see myself as that because I like to get into other content as well.

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.

I started off in cata. I never really got too much into end game stuff, and then I smashed my computer and didn't play wow again until partway through legion. I think Nighthold was current when I started.

I've been a part of 2 guilds. My first one was an all death Knight one that did some raiding on the side. Rp got kind of stale for me because it was always just doing super evil stuff. Raiding was fun though and I miss that. After that guild I wanted to just chill out so I decided to try a Dwarven guild. While those guys were great it was too much the other way, pretty much all just tavern RP. It seems like Grim would be a better balance for me. Too much of a "theme" can get stale I think.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.

This is going to be my main character for BFA. I decided to get a completely fresh start as I never played Horde and so far I'm loving it.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?

I'm really just looking for a good group of people who want to Rp, raid sometimes and pvp sometimes, that also fits my character. The only aspect out of the above I don't really care about is achievement hunting.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?

I haven't done a ton of really organized content. I've done tanking and dps while on LFR and a little normal and honestly it was really really easy. It was on a different class (DK) and I still haven't really looked into any good guides yet, but I for sure will once I hit 120 and finish questing and all that. I'm fine tanking, as long as I really read the fight and try it a few times. I'm alright with dps as well, as far as I can tell my 2 dps specs are pretty fun so far.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?

I have never done any organized pvp besides downing some faction leaders. I usually just play a tank but I switch around If I feel like it. I mostly just like to pvp, I'm not sure if I'm any good at it. I'm always willing to learn, just never really bothered since I've only ever done random battlegrounds.

Provide an armory link to your character.

I think this is right, let me know if it's not.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ord/thwaho

What days/times do you typically play this character?

I play late afternoon - night depending on the day. Usually 1pm-10pm (server time) weekdays and weekends could be all day or not at all. Also I might have 1 random weekday night where I'm not on. My schedule is mostly determined by when I work (1st shift) and when my gf has off (2 random days a week).

Are you prepared to check these forums at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)

Checking the forums isn't a big deal for me, I probably would check them anyways.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?

I went with a Tauren Warrior. I was really flakey during legion and had a ton of alts and I hated it. I couldn't ever decide what roles to do, what a guild would need, etc. I ended up kind of saying "fuck it" and just choosing something fun. I'm a simple man. I've always liked how big the Tauren are, how chill Mulgore is, and how Tauren can be super peaceful and super aggressive at the same time. I went with warrior because its a fun class that I haven't played too much of.

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?

I've read the mandate and think my character can live by it.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?

I've played an "evil" death knight before. While I don't intend to go out looking for souls to torture anymore my character fully acknowledges that he might do some evil stuff, but for a greater good. He'd probably object if he had to torture anyone himself, or anything really horrible, but would deal with it if others were willing.

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)

Yes Thwaho fits. No weird characters and it sounds like it could actually be a name.

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?

Just excited to go into bfa with a new group of friends!
Qabian

Re: Thwaho

Unread post by Qabian »

Admitted.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner