Grim Application For Naglfar

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Naglfar

Unread post by Naglfar »

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
- I saw the recruitment post on the forums. I do not know any member of the guild.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
-I love the idea of crafting a character and taking part in a collaborative story, I have taken part in various RP events over the many years I have played as well as many walk up/tavern encounters. I like the idea of having a character that reacts to a "living" world around them. Outside of WoW I am an avid table top RPG player. I have played Rifts, Shadowrun, Vampire the Masquerade (as well as other WW games) Legend of the Five Rings and D&D.

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.
-I have been on WRA since WotLK, most of my time was spent in <The Blackhand> a guild ran by my cousin. I was generally happy with that guild but real life obligations to my family and career make it impossible to make their late night raid times and PvP BG spam. We were at one time a 1890 rated RBG team and the highest rated guild Horde side (Third season MoP)

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
-I guess I would say that I am applying on an alt simply because I am most known as my paladin Dawnblood (A Lawful Evil TBC style Blood Knight) but I do not like to think of my DK as just an alt. It has been traditionally the character I have raided on in both WotLK, Cata and I only stopped raiding on him in MoP because we did not want to have two DK tanks. I was also not a fan of blood in WoD so I stuck out paladin tanking that expansion. As far as RP goes they are fairly equal in terms of my commitment to their story.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?
-I am mostly interested in BG spams, RBGs, raiding and M+. I don't really care about achievements or arena. I would like a steady crew of people to RP with as well.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?
-I have been an active raider since TBC. I consider myself casually competent. Paladin and Death Knight are my favorite classes and I enjoy tanking and DPS on both pretty equally. Legion was the only expansion where I have done very little by way of group content.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?
-I have some experience in RBGs and arena. I prefer objective based games and really only use arena to farm gear. I like melee DPS in general when it comes to PvP.

Provide an armory link to your character.
-https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... rd/Naglfar

What days/times do you typically play this character?
-Evenings during the week, off and on through the weekend.

Are you prepared to check these forums at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
-Yes, I can.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
-Blood Elf Death Knight. I liked having the second silence, I think mogs look better on blood elves and I enjoy the lore. Elves tend to be my favorite fantasy race. Death Knight has always had an appeal to me as a child of the 90's and that era's love for edgy anti-heroes. I am a big fan of extreme metal genres so the aesthetic of the class scratch that itch.

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?
-I have and yes.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
-Lawful Evil is my favorite alignment. Evil characters with a moral code and respect for order are what I typically play.

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
-Yes, I think so.

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
-I do not.
Qabian

Re: Grim Application For Naglfar

Unread post by Qabian »

Don't forget to put in a Letter of Intent here. Try to make it some sort of letter or message that can be responded to IC that explains your character's IC intentions regarding the guild.

Also, that's an interesting name, given the Naglfar is actually the ship from the Maw of Souls dungeon in-game. Is there a story behind choosing it?
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner
Naglfar

Unread post by Naglfar »

Yep I am going to work on that letter tonight!

I like Norse mythology and it was sorta a happy accident that the dungeon tied in with the name and made it lore compliant. The Naglfar is the ship made from the toenails of the damned and honorless dead and ferried them to Helheim. Originally he took that name claiming it was a Vykrul word for a vessel that sent the damned to the afterlife. He felt it suited him because that is what he did was send the damned to the afterlife. When it became an actual thing in game it made me feel a little better having an in game connection.

His living name was Dakath Blacksun, and but he sees that as the name of a forgotten dead man. It is not the name of the living corpse he is today.
Qabian

Unread post by Qabian »

Admitted.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner