Angellica

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Angellica

Angellica

Unread post by Angellica »

Grim Application For Angellica, Blood Knight

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
I am recently returned from break. I have a few characters on various servers, while looking around for servers I had characters on, and what was happening, I read your intent post to transfer en-masse to Wyrmrest Accord. This really suited me, as most of my 110s are there kicking around in a vanity guild I made to take advantage of the additional bank storage. The post impressed me that you were, A: still into playing, and B: RP'd and PVP'd.

The forums are The Grim’s primary method of communication. Will you check them regularly (at least a few times a week)?
Absolutely, I love message boards.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
I am 47. I played AD&D tabletop RP games all through highschool and about 5 years after. I have played CRPGs, MMOs, and all that, since they existed. In WoW I started on Silverhand RP server, and as a nerdbird I of course played from week one of release, when things were super unstable.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
I understand Lawful Evil. I can be Lawful Evil. ((I am closer to Chaotic Good IRL. :))

Have you been part of any other guilds in World of Warcraft? If so, who were they and what server do or did they reside on? Let us know of your experience with them and what made you decide to either leave or continue to stay.
The Rising Darkness was my first guild on Silverhand. I have been with Blacklisted on Kirin Tor (long ago). After Blacklisted broke up, I mostly did solo and pickups for PVP and Raids.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
I have a 110 of most classes. One class I always loved was my paladin, and I have revived her as my main, even though she is not max level yet. I like the flexibility of the class, and it was the character I have the most fond memories of, being the one I took from Vanilla to B.C.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
Blood Elf, Paladin. See above.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raids, rated battlegrounds, arenas, challenge modes, achievements, etc.)?
I do not expect others to entertain me or carry me, I am just looking for a framework to exist in so that I can grow as a player. Being solo makes me very bored after so long at it.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment? Do you have any PvE experience from other MMO games?
I have done most everything pre-Legion, raid-wise. I struggled when WoW was nothing but struggle, back in MC, BWL, and Ony. I have played Acheron's Call 1, SW:TOR, Ultima Online, Guild Wars2, etc. Most of the non-WoW MMOs spun out or were not maintained well with content.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment? Do you have any PvP experience in other MMO games?
My priest (110 and on WRA) is a Knight/Stone Guard, so I did all that old world PVP, and as they opened the Battlegrounds I played them. I prefer healing/support.

Did you read and understand our guidelines on character names, listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
All names of all my characters are in compliance with the original WoW server name policies.

How is your computer performance when playing World of Warcraft? What is your FPS/load times during heavy graphical or high population times? Is your internet connection stable?
Tops.

Provide an armory link to your character.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... /Angellica
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... /cerridwyn

What days/times do you typically play this character?
I work M-F 8 to 6, and I walk my dog 1.5 hrs a day. Otherwise, I fit in WoW as able, evenings and weekends.

Have you read the Required Reading? Do you have any questions or concerns about anything there?
Looks good!

Have you read the Mandate? Do you have any questions or concerns about it? Can your character live by it?
Can do! I only worry about failing in some way. This looks like the most dedicated RP guild I have applied to.

Do you have anything further to add?
I can play another character as needed, if Paladins are overfull already.
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Re: Angellica

Unread post by Syreenna »

Hello! Thank you for your interest in The Grim!

We have some question about your application. First, what is RES71? The directions for registering should have instructed you to use your WoW character name as your name here.

Do you know someone in The Grim? You seem to at least know of us, but you didn't mention who we might know you as.

Blood elves and paladins came to the Horde at the beginning of BC. What made you decide to play a blood elf? Were you interested in their lore, or was it just because Horde got a pretty race? Is there an IC reason for your character to leave so much skin exposed from her armor?

Did you read all the Required Reading here in this forum? There's also a lot of useful information on the Home page as well.

Your Letter of Intent should be an introduction of your character and the IC reason she wants to join The Grim. This is how your character, IC, gets in touch with us and requests an opportunity to join. Please add a letter to your song verses, or specify that a messenger came to sing them and deliver your request.
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Angellica

Unread post by Angellica »

Sorry, I made the account immediately when I landed on the page before I did much else. I have a habit of doing so when I go to a site that I may want to post on (which is the reason I was directed here). I will recreate a more appropriate login today and re-apply.

The Grim does not know of me or my exploits, we have no prior history.

This character started life (as I did) on the Alliance-side of Silver Hand. It was my 3rd alt I made while maining a priest. I have since moved all my characters to the horde - happy to send my character select screen screen-shot if you are curious. Why, you ask though, more importantly. I really liked the B.C. Blood Elves, they seemed sick and twisted, once-noble and now villains. They also have proper looks (even compared to humans and night elves) when kitted out.

I have updated my transmog to the one I actually worked to create. Lots of items I researched and not normally chosen by anyone.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... /Angellica

It does not look overly evil, I agree. You had happened to look when I was fiddling with look variations, as I am always making (remaking) a dozen looks and themes for my characters. So that was bad timing. I do have a wicked look as well, where I appear intimidating. But I figured you would like to see the look I worked on and spent the vast majority of my time using, so there it is.

I will update my letter today, I am just about running late for work at the moment!
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Unread post by Syreenna »

Thank you for your responses! That helps a lot!

No need to make a new login. I can change your forum name appearance to your character name.

I'm sure Qabian will be in contact with you once your Letter of Intent is revised to something that someone can respond to IC.
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Qabian

Unread post by Qabian »

Missed you tonight. Not sure if you didn't see my response to the Letter of Intent. If you're still interested, just let me know here. I'll see if I can catch you in-game this week.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner