Application for Hackzumup (changed to Umbralheart)

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Umbralheart
Lost

Application for Hackzumup (changed to Umbralheart)

Unread post by Umbralheart »

Grim Application For Hackzumup

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
- I found out about The Grim from Guild Finder panel in game. I don’t know anyone in The Grim.

The forums are The Grim’s primary method of communication. Will you check them regularly (at least a few times a week)?
- I’ll try to check the forums regularly.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
- I’m a heavy Rper. I’ve RP’d in WoW and a few other MMO’s over the years as well as World of Darkness, Dungeons and Dragons IRL.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
- World of Darkness Interacts heavily with many darker aspects of a fantasy world, many of which live within the constraints of a Lawful Evil society.

Have you been part of any other guilds in World of Warcraft? If so, who were they and what server do or did they reside on? Let us know of your experience with them and what made you decide to either leave or continue to stay.
- I’ve been away from WoW for 9 years, Just after Cataclysm launched I started getting heavy into IRL stuff so my WoW experience in other guilds is pretty irrelevant now since literally everything is different. I was in a raid heavy guild that did Molten Core as often as possible before expansions were a thing. I was in a PVP oriented guild after Molten Core got old and Battlegrounds were introduced. My favorite part of any MMO is the open world PVP assuming the game’s pvp isn’t just a spammy click fest of spammy nonsensical abilities like Black Desert Online.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
- I’m applying on a Main on this server. When I came back to WoW I just decided to pick a new server and start a new character

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
- Blood Elf Warrior. I picked this Class for no particular reason, In WoW I like to tank, I like Shields and I don’t like playing a Paladin from an RP perspective.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raids, rated battlegrounds, arenas, challenge modes, achievements, etc.)?
- I hope to find some enjoyable dark themed Role Play, and if that RP can be during my leveling and endgame content then that’s a perk. PVP is fun too and I’m a huge fan of open world mayhem but people don’t seem to do that anymore. Though I pine for the corpse ridden fields of Hillsbrad I fear it may be something I’ll never see again.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment? Do you have any PvE experience from other MMO games?
- I started playing WoW in beta weekend, then when it released, and stopped playing right around Cataclysm release 2009ish and haven’t played WoW since them. I’ve raided tier 1, 2, 3 raids, etc but that’s kind of irrelevant now.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment? Do you have any PvP experience in other MMO games?
- I’ve got a lot of experience in PVP with WoW, back in the day, I’ve drowned people with Sheep + Seduce + Fear back before Cataclysm (Was a team of us) When Battlegrounds first released I was active in it and always diving into openworld PVP when leveling characters.

Did you read and understand our guidelines on character names, listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
- I’m pretty sure my name does not fall within the guidelines but I’ve got a good reason for it in game. In a perfect and immersive MMO there would be no option for names above a characters head.

How is your computer performance when playing World of Warcraft? What is your FPS/load times during heavy graphical or high population times? Is your internet connection stable?
- Do they still make computers that can’t handle WoW’s graphics? My computer is more than WoW can handle. I’ve got stable internet but my IRL (4 month old baby) occasionally has to be attended to on a whim and quite suddenly so I only make myself available for groups / dungeons when I know I’ll be able to give it most of my attention.

Provide an armory link to your character.
- My newby gear glory. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... /hackzumup I'm still low level and enjoying the questing. Regardless of my weak gear I stillhave Grunty the Murloc Space Marine who is strong enough to break lore in WoW itself. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... mortis/pvp was where I did a lot of PVP, makes me kind of sad the Classic achievements aren’t earned on my old toons since that was basically all I did on them, raids and pvp between downtime.

What days/times do you typically play this character?
- Weekday nights are hit or miss, Friday nights are generally good, weekends are when I’m available for the most part.

Have you read the Required Reading? Do you have any questions or concerns about anything there?
- I’ve thumbed through the required reading, and despite my terrible choice in names I’m still writing an app. I’ve got no questions concerning anything written. I really enjoy stumbling over other peoples' lore in character, even if it's for a "Large organization

Have you read the Mandate? Do you have any questions or concerns about it? Can your character live by it?
- I’ve read the Mandate and have no issue with it. My character will dedicate herself to the Mandate for the greater good and survival and prosperity of The Horde

Do you have anything further to add?
- Sorry for the terrible name. I assure you the book is greater than the title.
Last edited by Umbralheart on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greebo

Re: Application for Hackzumup

Unread post by Greebo »

Would you be wiling to name change? Or to avoid any payment since you're only level 40-ish maybe use a different toon?
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Umbralheart
Lost

Yes i'd be willing to make a new toon or get my name changed, I'll look into name changes first and get back to you.
Umbralheart
Lost

Character name will be changed to Umbralheart. Apparently i can't do this on the web page anymore so I'll have to wait until i get home tonight and change the name through the wow client.
Qabian

Unread post by Qabian »

Can you meet in-game tomorrow evening (Wednesday 21st) at 8 server time? If that's no good and you don't mind waiting, could do Saturday (24th) at 7:30 server?

If you want to do a different Letter of Intent, feel free to delete the one that's there. In the meantime, I'll roll with it.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner
Umbralheart
Lost

I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking the letter was rubbish, i always have trouble writing to an audience I've never met, but the die is cast so we'll let it roll! After my name change goes through I'll update the name in the letter. 8pm server time is hard on the weekdays since I'm usa west coast and i think the server is east coast. Id be available around 9pm server time but if that would drag things too late for you it can certainly wait until Saturday. I'll just be grinding away so feel free to reach out whenever you're available. Hopefully the name change doesn't take "up to several days" as advertised.
Umbralheart
Lost

Re: Application for Hackzumup (changed to Umbralheart)

Oh server is only 2 hours ahead of me, so then yes, i'll be available. My name change went through too! I updated my posts
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

I think the Powers-That-Be can change your username too, but I no longer remember what vast powers they control.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Umbralheart
Lost

I could always make a new account if the system will let me re-use my email, some systems complain if you try to use a duplicate email.
Qabian

Unread post by Qabian »

Admitted.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner