Karnya Shadowscar C/O Mordria Morningstar

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Mordria

Karnya Shadowscar C/O Mordria Morningstar

Unread post by Mordria »

A darkening sky and an approaching storm did little to disrupt the bustling of several small figures. They hurriedly loaded crates and sacks aboard a docked zeppelin on the outskirts of the Undercity, stopping only occasionally to steal glances at a stern looking blood elf who stood nearby. Though the red haired woman rarely glanced up from the clipboard she was holding, the goblins didn't feel it was worth it to Daley. The sooner they could get the elf and her creepy party sent off to Northrend the calmer everyone would be.

As if in response to a summon a shadow began to take form at the top of the platforms stairs. It darkened and took shape even as the first few drops of rain threatened to tear it apart. The shape of a pale ghostly hand reached through the mist and grabbed the railing. 

"Sorchea..." The shadow breathed.

The goblins ducked their heads and scurried a bit faster. The red headed elf looked up from her paperwork. The ghostly hand became an arm and gradually the shape of another young elf female stepped forth, she waved her hand in front of her face in irritation and the shadow receded backwards down the stairs.

"Sorchea, I'm Booooored! How much longer till its time to go?"

The elf leaning on the railing rolled her eyes, she shuffled the papers on her clipboard, trying to shield them from the drops of rain.

"Not much longer, has torturing the local wildlife grown tiresome for you?"

The younger elf stomped her foot. "Its just small stuff, nothing here even worth chasing around" She looked around the platform, her gaze settling on the small green workers. "Now perhaps if you would let me play with the help..."

Sorchea spoke without looking up. "No one wants to play with you Mordria, you little sadist. Why don't you go do something nondestructive for a change. Go check on the Troll, tell her we are almost ready to depart."

Mordria curled her lip and made a face. "Ugh! That troll is rude! And she smells like a sewer. Last time I tried to talk to her she tried to bite me. I'm not kidding, she looked at me all hungry and tried to BITE me!"

"Save it, I don't really care." Sorchea walked towards the zeppelin and began to examine the mounting tethers. "That troll is our responsibility until I say otherwise, she is also the one paying for this trip and the rent on our new apartment in Dalaran. So unless you plan to sleep in some tent somewhere cooking meals for yourself you would do well to care for her properly. By the time you get back we can tuck her in and set sail."

Mordria balled her hands up and was preparing to say something else, but her sister had already turned around and was yelling at one of the green guys to move faster. She was obviously being ignored. Annoyed she turned around and began descending the steep spiral staircase. "Humph, how would she like to be ignored, how would she like her face cut off and put on a little pally dolly then she could be all mother superior with the good ideas in charge of all the other face dollies, then how smart would she be." She mumbled to herself.

At the bottom of the staircase sat a large mound of rags. Mordria walked over and sat down beside it. She sat in silence for a few minutes, biting at her nails and brushing her fingers through her short black hair. Finally she cleared her throat loudly. The mound shifted, a pair of glowing eyes appeared from deep within the folds of cloth. They assessed the priest with a mixture of wariness and indifference. A raspy voice floated out from the pile, barely more than a whisper.

"Yesss?"

"Yeah Karnya, the boss lady says its time to go, I came to help you up the stairs."

The eyes blinked, throwing the pile into darkness momentarily. "Good...I 'ave a task before we go." The trolls voice was slow, it labored to speak. "Take 'dis." The trolls hand appeared from the bottom of the pile. The skin was a hideous dead grey color. It held out a worn and folded parchment which the elf reluctantly took to examine.

"Whats this?"

"Its an application to Da Grim, I need ya ta fill it out an mail it fer me."

"What?!" Mordria looked down at the worn out paper in shock. "Why? Does Sorchea know about this?"

"'Dere is a lot that dat your sister knows an ya do not. I 'ave reasons. I 'ad a debt 'dat 'ad ta be repaid, which I 'ave done. "Dey were mah family b'fore I left. Dey are still strong. Sorchea 'as scouted fer me, she 'as seen dem. I 'ad her seek Abric and wit him she fought da Magtheridon. Mebbe 'dere is hope fer us, fer you. One day ya will understand. Ya should be lucky if dey respond to ya at all." The troll paused, clearly out of breath. "Ya 'ave da bloodlust in ya Elfie...its bettah to hunt in a pack." A sickly tusked grin was all that was visible as Mordria stood up. 

(IC) What name or title do you go by?
      -Mordria Morningstar, co-caretaker of Karnya Shadowscar (Deceased)

(IC) What is your gender and race?
      - My sister and I are female elves.

(IC) What is your class in life?  Why did you choose to follow this class?
      - I'm a priest, I didn't really choose to follow it, My family has always been healers. My goody two shoes sister is a very accomplished healing Paladin. That kinda crap just comes naturally to us. I however prefer a more interesting path.

(IC) How would you describe yourself?

- I like to have fun. I like to go out drinking and pick up a cute guy. Sometimes if he is really nice I let him carve his initials in my thigh. (I can always heal it later, it doesn't really hurt and it makes him feel special.)

(IC) What drives you in life?  Why do you want to be Grim?
      - Pleasure drives me, I do whatever makes me happy. Sometimes that gets me into some trouble I guess, but since my sister is always watching me like some super-obsessed hawk...As for being Grim, I was asked to fill this out by one Karnya Shadowscar, apparently she used to be a part of your organization and then disappeared.

(IC) What did you do prior to The Grim?
      - I DID have a nice house with servants until my moronic sister sold our estate to buy a dragon and a hovel on some asteroid. But recently she found this undead troll chick who offered to pay us if we took care of her. When we became some sort of traveling nurses aids I dint know, but I'm just assuming we are getting paid ALOT.

(IC) What are your thoughts on the pact between the Alliance and the Warchief Thrall?
      - I thought that pact was broken? I dint really pay attention to what Thrall says..he doesn't speak for the elves. But I dint like the alliance races, though some of them are handsome. If they look at me funny I dint hesitate to bathe in their blood, especially uppity night elf blood, it tastes delicious.

(OOC) The Grim is a role-playing guild that requires full immersion (heavy RP) of their members.  What does that mean to you?
      - RP is the only reason I still play this game.

(OOC)  The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild, ruled by structure and a defined chain of command with the intent to see the complete annihilation of their enemies.  How does your character's personality and storyline follow the Grim Mandate?  Is there any conflict between how you want to play your character and the theme of the Grim?  If so, what do you expect out of you joining?
    - All of my chars are violent for whatever reason or another.

(OOC) What sort of role-playing experience do you have, on line or off-line?  Do you consider yourself a beginner or Gary Gygax?
      - Ive been rping since high school D&D and larps.

(OOC) Do you have any previous WoW experience?  (PvP, Raiding, Battlegrounds, Different Servers, Different Guilds, Different Factions, etc.)
      - account active since 9am release morning, Ive been to every dungeon on multiple servers. done all raid content to Black temple pre wrath.

(OOC)  What are you, the player, looking for in the Grim? What are your expectations of the guild?
      - The grim was the best and most fun guild i have been in since the game came out. I transferred the original karnya to another server to help a RL friend make a BT guild on a PVP server, it was of course a big mistake. Now I'm back here. I have a 70 healing pally and a 74ish shadow priest I'm leveling right now. Karnya is a DK and I dont really plan to play her for awhile. The original hunter karnya is on my other server and I'll probably transfer her back eventually.

(IC/OOC) Do you have anything further to add?
    - TAKE ME BACK!! I'M SORRAH!!
Acherontia
Lost

Re: Karnya Shadowscar C/O Mordria Morningstar

Unread post by Acherontia »

Mordria wrote:(IC) What drives you in life?  Why do you want to be Grim?
      - Pleasure drives me, I do whatever makes me happy. Sometimes that gets me into some trouble I guess, but since my sister is always watching me like some super-obsessed hawk...As for being Grim, I was asked to fill this out by one Karnya Shadowscar, apparently she used to be a part of your organization and then disappeared.
We would be fools indeed if we let the desires of others dictate the actions of our members.  We accept those who seek us of their own will, for it is by their own will to succeed among us, and not the wishes of another, that enables them to do so.

Answer the question again.  Why do you want to be Grim?
Last edited by Acherontia on Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mordria

Unread post by Mordria »

"'We would be fools indeed if we let the desires of others dictate the actions of our members.  We accept those who seek us of their own will, for it is by their own will to succeed among us, and not the wishes of another, that enables them to do so.

Answer the question again.  Why do you want to be Grim?'"

Mordria clutched the letter to herself and ducked inside the inn. She couldnt believe that there was a note addressed to her waiting when the zeppelin landed. She peeked out and saw that her sister and Karnya were busy unloading the supplies. This note was for her, it was none of their damn business what it said anyway. She turned the paper over and hastily scratched her reply on the other side.

Dear Acherontia,

I want to be Grim because I know I can be important! I want to be able to express myself through my magic without worrying what others will say. I want to bathe in the blood of my enemies and get an apartment I can paper in human skin. I want to help the Grim achieve world domination! My sister doesnt think I can be on my own, but I know I can, and I'm willing to try really hard.

-Mordria Morningstar

She hurredly folded the note and stuffed it in the mailbox. She adjusted her dress and walked back into the sunshine towards the loading docks.

((OOC: Yay, you fixed it XD! )))
Malkaris

Unread post by Malkaris »

Malkaris idlly peers over Acherontia's shoulder at the letter. He wasn't invading the privacy of a prospective member so much as ensuring he was knowledgable about the private matters of a prospective member. He sipped his bourbon slightly, one in a long while after he had travellled to Northrend. and he grinned.

"She sounds like cannon fodder. Or Orca bait. just not bleeding. Perhaps I could make a meat puppet out of her...*flexes his fingers* maybe make a pretty dance for the shadows that lurk about in the corners of the world. Or maybe she could become something greater than...well. Whatever she was.

He gives Acherontia a quick grin as she looks up at him before marching out once again into the frozen northlands
~Malkaris, The Antediluvian~
Acherontia
Lost

"And yet she still does not answer the question," the warlock murmurs to herself as the door closes.  She gathers her robes more tightly around herself against the cold and picks up her quill.

Your personal goals of comfort and peculiar interior decoration mean nothing to me.  Blood flows freely in our wake here ~ as to whether or not it belongs to your enemies remains to be seen.

We will hear more of what you have to say ~ this Sunday evening, at eight-thirty, in Grommash Hold.

*the letter is unsigned, but sealed with the High Inquisitor's mark - a staff crossed with a bloom of fel lotus - stamped in blue wax*
Mordria

Unread post by Mordria »

The elf stood by the mailbox in Dalaran, tapping her foot and chewing her nails. Eventually a figure casually approached from further up the street, a large knapsack an his hip. Mordria could barely contain herself as she watched the man make his way up the street, stopping at the houses along the way. She nearly lost her composure and bolted after him when he stopped to make chitchat with some female of his race outside an inn and it looked as though he might stop in for a drink. She raked her fingers through her hair and forced herself to remain in place. She plastered on a frozen smile as he approached and thought herself quite patient while he rifled through the bag and handed her the days mail.

She hastily flipped through the stack. Some junk, a bill for mount lodging. And there it was, A letter addressed to her with a seal on it, she broke it open and scanned the contents, her face falling with every word. Her fingers instantly went to her mouth. She chewed and chewed until she tasted blood. The other letters fluttered to the cobbles as she turned and hurried into the house slamming the door behind her.

“Troll!â€
Acherontia
Lost

We will see what this one has to offer.