Kreighav

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Kelgrave

Kreighav

Unread post by Kelgrave »

Note: I need my forum name updated to Kreighav, the character with whom I'm applying.

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
- I previously joined The Grim in September 2015 (as Kelgrave), and long before that, during The Burning Crusade expansion (as Kazgard). I’m acquainted with a few current members, including a lot of the Rogues who were around during TBC.

The forums are The Grim’s primary method of communication. Will you check them regularly (at least a few times a week)?
- I’ll check them obsessively.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
- (Some of these questions, I’d answer the same now as I did back in September, so I’m going to quote myself.)
- “Aside from my prior roleplaying experience in The Grim, I've roleplayed mostly in Star Wars Galaxies, Warhammer Online, and The Old Republic. I do consider myself a heavy RPer, meaning that I take an always-on approach to incorporating my roleplay into my gameplay rather than limiting RP opportunities to scheduled events.”

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
- I have a penchant for playing characters that believe in the system and serving their purpose within it, often with a large body count attached to that service.

Have you been part of any other guilds in World of Warcraft? If so, who were they and what server do or did they reside on? Let us know of your experience with them and what made you decide to either leave or continue to stay.
- “During vanilla, I played on Scarlet Crusade with the raiding guild Amici. I helped to clear MC, Onyxia, BWL, AQ, and made partial progress into Naxx before I took a break from WoW for personal reasons. I played again during Wrath with a raiding guild whose name I can't remember, but we cleared the new Naxx and made progress into Ulduar and TotC before I left the game again--I've had an on-again, off-again relationship with WoW over the years.”

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
- Kreighav will be my main going forward, and I only ever play alts very casually.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
- Forsaken Death Knight. I personally love absolutely everything about the Forsaken, so race was a no-brainer (zombies, har har). Death Knight took me a number of tries to warm up to it, but the class is finally jiving with me mechanically. As for the aesthetics and the class fantasy, it seems like such a natural extension of my existing interest in the Forsaken and the Scourge--and my armor looks freakin’ awesome.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raids, rated battlegrounds, arenas, challenge modes, achievements, etc.)?
- Legion looks like it’s going to serve up a whole lot of interesting content, so I’m staying open to whatever cool opportunities are available to me and are compatible with my life schedule.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment? Do you have any PvE experience from other MMO games?
- See “previous guilds” answer. Raided seriously in vanilla, a little bit in WotLK. Been doing LFR during Warlords. I’ve always played DPS in raids. I like the idea of learning to raid tank, but I’m also intimidated by the thought of carrying that much responsibility.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment? Do you have any PvP experience in other MMO games?
- Lots of Rogue PvP during TBC, mostly in battlegrounds. I like meleeing people in the face. PvPed a bunch on Warhammer Online.

Did you read and understand our guidelines on character names, listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
- Read and understood.

How is your computer performance when playing World of Warcraft? What is your FPS/load times during heavy graphical or high population times? Is your internet connection stable?
- Smooth and stable. Some very infrequent disconnects, but I think that’s attributable more to WoW and less my ISP.

Provide an armory link to your character.
- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... /Kreighav/

What days/times do you typically play this character?
- My current work schedule is pretty restrictive and I’m on the West Coast, which combined push my playing hours pretty late. During the week, I usually can’t be online until after 11pm server time, but weekends are wide open.
- After August, my weekday sessions might be able to start a few hours earlier.

Have you read the Required Reading? Do you have any questions or concerns about anything there?
- Read; no questions nor concerns.

Have you read the Mandate? Do you have any questions or concerns about it? Can your character live by it?
- Me and the Mandate go way back, and Kreighav’s down with it.

Do you have anything further to add?
- I regret disappearing from the game late last year and not telling anyone why. I was busy moving my life a few states for a new job and then just trying to keep my head above water learning the ropes--checking in with Azeroth wasn’t high on my list of priorities at the time.
Lilliana

Re: Kreighav

Unread post by Lilliana »

Good to see that you did come back and re-apply!!!

Don't forget to do an IC letter of application too!

- Lilly
Khorvis

Re: Kreighav

Unread post by Khorvis »

Welcome back.