Karthok's Application

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Karthok

Karthok's Application

Unread post by Karthok »

Grim Application For Karthok

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
I heard aboot the Grim a little while after I got into RP on Netherholdt. I met Lilly, Lulu, Syreena and other Grim folk on Konro and very briefly joined the Grim before Konro got killed through the Eclipse storyline. I don’t know any of the Grim IRL but I do RBGs semi-regularly on Shokkra with the Grim and through various things I know a decent amount of Grim players.

The forums are The Grim’s primary method of communication. Will you check them regularly (at least a few times a week)?
Sure!

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
My roleplaying experience consists entirely of WoW on Netherholdt. I started RP just before the beginning of the WoD pre-patch with the Horns of the Shu’halo and Kerala. I got more into heavy RP through the Eclipse storyline and the following plots and such, most recently and probably most significantly with the Quorum storyline that Kex’ti GM’ed. Heavy RP means to me that you’re mostly if not always in character when playing WoW, excluding OOC channels and such.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
Yeaaaaaah. All of my characters are some level of evil. Even the ones I tried to make nice, like Shokkra. Karthok is primarily based off of Ramsay Bolton from Game of Thrones so he’s pretty damn evil. He’s a Twilight’s Hammer cultist, a Garrosh Hellscream loyalist, an assassin, torturer, kidnapper. So, yeah, he should fit in with the Grim.

Have you been part of any other guilds in World of Warcraft? If so, who were they and what server do or did they reside on? Let us know of your experience with them and what made you decide to either leave or continue to stay.
On Netherholdt since it’s the only server I’ve really gotten into WoW on, my characters have been in the Horns of the Shu’halo which Kerala ran, the Grim briefly with Konro and Sanctuary on Shokkra. Konro left the Horns to join the Grim and I’m an active member of Sanctuary on Shokkra. I really like Sanctuary and the friends I’ve made there so that’s why I’ve stayed, otherwise I’d probably be applying for Shokkra right now.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
I am applying on my alt. The reason I’m applying is I can’t be that evil on Shokkra, and I really, really want to do more RBGs. My main is Shokkra.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
Karthok is an Orc Rogue. I chose an Orc Rogue because 1) Orcs are awesome and 2) Rogues are fun to play and I figured I could spy on people IC with a Rogue.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raids, rated battlegrounds, arenas, challenge modes, achievements, etc.)?
After Karthok joins the Grim I would expect him to do more stuff with the Grim and probably become somewhat less of a crazy butcher. I’d like to focus on the PvP aspect of the game through RBGs, Arenas, Battlegrounds, all that good stuff.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment? Do you have any PvE experience from other MMO games?
PvE experience isn’t too much to speak of. I’ve done all the heroics, timewalking, LFR, the first wing of Hellfire Citadel back when the Taanan Offensive casual raiding was going on. Honestly I’ve only ever raided with Warrior so I prefer Melee DPS in a raid environment. I don’t have any other experience from other MMOs.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment? Do you have any PvP experience in other MMO games?
My PvP experience in World of Warcraft consists of a lot of Battlegrounds, a little bit of Arenas, RBGs with the Grim, Ashran and a teeny tiny bit of WPvP. I love playing Arms or Fury Warrior in PvP. I don’t have any other experience from MMOs.

Did you read and understand our guidelines on character names, listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
I did!

How is your computer performance when playing World of Warcraft? What is your FPS/load times during heavy graphical or high population times? Is your internet connection stable?
My computer’s performance is good on a regular basis, only occasionally giving me trouble. I run the game on Ultra so heavy graphical settings are fine, and since Ravenholdt is a low-pop server the only time I’ve experienced high population was when WoD launched and my computer didn’t explode so I call that a win.

Provide an armory link to your character.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/r ... hok/simple

What days/times do you typically play this character?
I play Karthok when I’m in the mood to RP on him or run BGs as a Rogue. Typically I’m around from aboot 6:00 server time most days on the week unless occupied with IRL stuff.

Have you read the Required Reading? Do you have any questions or concerns about anything there?
I have read the Required Reading and I have zero concerns or questions.

Have you read the Mandate? Do you have any questions or concerns about it? Can your character live by it?
I have read the Mandate, I have zero concerns or questions and Karthok can definitely live by it.

Do you have anything further to add?
Peace through Annihilation EH?