Grim Application For Leyara

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Lesara
Lost

Unread post by Lesara »

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
-The Grim was the first guild i met in RP on Horde side. I know Lilliana and Khorvis.

The forums are The Grim’s primary method of communication. Will you check them regularly (at least a few times a week)?
-Check, yes. Post? um...

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
-Oooh boy.
4 years spent in Midgar, the Final Fantasy VII Roleplay Community in Second Life. That ended with a big mess of problems. But in WoW, I nly recently started RPing, at the start of WoD, even though I've been playing since TBC. I do consider myself a heavy RPer, mostly because i love to invest myself in lore, regardless of setting.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
-I haven't, actually. This is a new experience for me.

Have you been part of any other guilds in World of Warcraft? If so, who were they and what server do or did they reside on? Let us know of your experience with them and what made you decide to either leave or continue to stay.
-Oooh boy.....
I'm in Honour and Valor in the Alliance side of things on Twisting Nether/Ravenholdt. I'm an Alliance main, but RP on Horde very recently and actively. I used to be part of The Jade Lion, but having weeks of RP get shut down in an instant by someone who doesn't want to go with the angle all the build up lead to kind of makes you wanna lave.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
-Leyara is definately an alt. I'm looking for a new class experience, and the chance to experiment with evil within structure. I have another evil character on Alliance side, but he's a chaotic evil allied with the Naga.
My main in Shizari, night elf warrior. Bring it.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
-Blood elf mage. I never played a mage before, so its a chance to experiment. And I just love blood elf lore.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raids, rated battlegrounds, arenas, challenge modes, achievements, etc.)?
-every damn thing.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment? Do you have any PvE experience from other MMO games?
-I dungeon a lot, and haven't had the chance to do much raids. Raids I've actually finished when current include:
Karazhan, Hyjal, Oculus, Dragon Soul. I enjoy mostly melee, Warrior and Paladin.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment? Do you have any PvP experience in other MMO games?
-I am decked out nearly fully in PvP gear for WoD season 3 on all my alliance tunes, and I got the 100 3s wins mount on my warrior. Funny enough though, I've fallen in love with Hunters.

Did you read and understand our guidelines on character names, listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
-yes

How is your computer performance when playing World of Warcraft? What is your FPS/load times during heavy graphical or high population times? Is your internet connection stable?
-my internet connection is stable most of the time, although currently i'm running on a toaster that seems to only want to load into garrisons whenever it damn well pleases whenever I hearth.

Provide an armory link to your character.
-http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... ara/simple

What days/times do you typically play this character?
-night mostly, due to my work hours of 1-10pm EST

Have you read the Required Reading? Do you have any questions or concerns about anything there?
-yes. nope.

Have you read the Mandate? Do you have any questions or concerns about it? Can your character live by it?
-Yes. Nope. Yes.

Do you have anything further to add?
-uhhh... I'm a furry. I'm sorry if that offends people. *shrug*
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Re: Grim Application For Leyara

Unread post by Syreenna »

Leyara wrote: What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
-Blood elf mage. I never played a mage before, so its a chance to experiment. And I just love blood elf lore.
What about the blood elf lore draws you in?
Leyara wrote: Do you have anything further to add?
-uhhh... I'm a furry. I'm sorry if that offends people. *shrug*
Huh?
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Lilliana

Re: Grim Application For Leyara

Unread post by Lilliana »

Hello! I'm glad to see that you applied. Some housecleaning stuff to review. The Grim is pretty strict on our naming policy. If you check out https://thegrim.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9494, we state:
Character Names
The Grim adheres to Blizzard's naming conventions for RP realms. This includes requiring believably medieval or fantasy names for all characters; not allowing characters with names that reference real-world people, places, characters or icons from other games, tv shows or movies; and disallowing names constructed from sentence fragments. This includes the names of important lore characters in World of Warcraft.
We would ask that you name change your toon if you are formally invited into the Grim as a Supplicant. I ask this since she has a name that's related to an important character currently in the game. Please don't think that we are singling you out by any means, we require this more often than you'd think! The name can be similar, especially if you like the sound of it. Just run it by one of us!