Rakluz Application

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Clarode

Rakluz Application

Unread post by Clarode »

Grim Application For Rakluz

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
-I was messing around with the Guild Finder feature, as I have just moved to Ravenholdt. The Grim was the first guild to show up. Unfortunately, I do not know anyone in the guild.

The forums are The Grim’s primary method of communication. Will you check them regularly (at least a few times a week)?
-Yes, I will most definitely be able to check them after 6PM Eastern Time, or earlier depending on my work schedule.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
-I have never really RPed at all, whether in real life or in video games. However, I've always had interest in RPing, and I've always tried to incorporate what I call "Passive RPing" in my playstyle in almost every video game I play. To give an example of this "Passive RPing" I would always make sure I saw some of my personality in the characters I make, whether it be gender, class, faction, or otherwise. Another example would be in RPGs like Skyrim, where there are moral choices that directly affect your character and/or the storyline, I wouldn't make choices based on min/maxing my character's stats, I would choose what I would do in real life. To sum it up, I have always had an interest in RP and though I haven't done it actively so to speak, I have definitely done it in a passive way and I am definitely interested in "Active RP".

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
-As I said above, I have never really RPed.

Have you been part of any other guilds in World of Warcraft? If so, who were they and what server do or did they reside on? Let us know of your experience with them and what made you decide to either leave or continue to stay.
-Yes I have. Back in Cataclysm I was part of a guild on Horde Vashj called Lords of Mayhem. We were the server's top raiding guild. They were my first "real" guild, and I made friends with a lot of the people in the guild. They were all patient with me when I screwed up, and I miss them dearly. Sadly, the Guild Master quit WoW and after he left, the guild fell apart in early MoP. In mid MoP, I faction changed to Alliance (still on Vashj) to play with friends and the new top raiding guild, Guild Originals invited me. They were my second and last "real guild". Sadly, I never made it on the raiding team and I just stayed for the guild benefits. Eventually, I left because I moved servers.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
-No, this is my main.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
-I am a Troll Mage. I chose this race class combo because I simply like the idea of a wizard, coming from my early childhood game of choice: Wizard101. As for race, I chose Troll this expansion simply because after 5.3 at the rising tensions in the Troll Revolution, I felt very attached to the race. I frequently change races, though.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raids, rated battlegrounds, arenas, challenge modes, achievements, etc.)?
-I expect my character(s) to all be a bit more accomplished after joining The Grim, because having a social group to push me to my best and to motivate me to play more will do a lot for my enjoyment in WoW. I mostly would like to focus on raiding, any PvE content though is what I enjoy most in this game. I do however, want to try some form of PvP content in a bit more dedicated fashion one day.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment? Do you have any PvE experience from other MMO games?
-I've never healed before, and I've only dabbled a little bit in tanking. DPSing is my favorite, and I've never looked back, because going back to what I said about "Passive RPing" DPSing is more my style in terms of personality and what I would do if WoW was real. That said, I like ranged DPS the most because it still is kind of protective from an RP perspective in a raid environment. I say this because of the whole "Ranged DPS gets adds" deal, that it feels like you're holding off all the other enemies from the melee DPS and tanks while they slowly chip away at the more important mobs. My PvE experience in WoW is mostly from LFR, aside from being in Lords of Mayhem for a short while. However, I have lots of PvE experience in endgame PvE content in games such as: Wizard101, Pirate101, ArcheAge, RIFT, Trove, Path of Exile (still kind of an MMO right?), Neverwinter, and Guild Wars 2.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment? Do you have any PvP experience in other MMO games?
-Almost no PvP experience in WoW. I've done a few BGs and that's it. PvPing would still have me favoring DPS if I had to say from my limited perspective. In other games where I do have PvP experience, such as: Wizard101, Pirate101, ArcheAge, RIFT, and Path of Exile, damage dealing has been consistently my favorite.

Did you read and understand our guidelines on character names, listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
-Yes, and as a matter of fact, I've never made a character with a non-fantasy name.

How is your computer performance when playing World of Warcraft? What is your FPS/load times during heavy graphical or high population times? Is your internet connection stable?
-On my two main PCs, I have more than fine FPS, probably a minimum of 50 something FPS when things get very busy. On my laptop, not so much. I generally get around 20 FPS when it gets busy. As for Internet connection, I generally get 30 ping when in a normal situation, but I've been disconnected sometimes, though very rarely.

Provide an armory link to your character.
-http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/r ... luz/simple

What days/times do you typically play this character?
-When I'm playing at my regular, uninterrupted, basis, I usually play daily starting at around 4-6PM Eastern Time, and ending at around midnight, with little breaks in between of course.

Have you read the Required Reading? Do you have any questions or concerns about anything there?
-I have read the Required Reading, but I am not sure if I submit my Letter of Intent right after I submit this application, or after you guys approve my application. I will assume the latter, since this question seems to be posed at answering questions before you go on in the steps listed in the Required Reading.

Have you read the Mandate? Do you have any questions or concerns about it? Can your character live by it?
-I have read the Mandate and I have no questions about it. If I'm accepted in The Grim, I will definitely live by it.

Do you have anything further to add?
-Lastly, I want to apologize for any English mistakes, as it isn't my first language. Italian is my first language.
Filora

Re: Rakluz Application

Unread post by Filora »

Your English is great, I wouldn't have thought it wasn't your first language!

Anyway, I'm sure Anaie will be excited at the prospect of a new raider. It will be exciting to see you become immersed in roleplay as well. We are very big on roleplay here and it's a lot of fun! You can go ahead and submit your in-character Letter of Intent, and someone will respond there too, in character.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

18:41:20 [Lilliana-TwistingNether]: I don't know how to play the game, just rp.
21:31:21 [Ulrezaj-TwistingNether]: What are we without the bw?
Khorvis

Re: Rakluz Application

Unread post by Khorvis »

Hi Rakluz,

Thanks for your application. As Filora mentioned, please go ahead and submit an in-character Letter of Intent in the appropriate subforum. I noted that this is your first try at what you call 'active roleplay.' Don't be afraid of messing up (we make it so you basically can't) and have fun with it. Also, I feel that I should mention that what our characters might say and/or do to you doesn't reflect us necessarily as players. As you understand, The Grim is a lawful evil guild.

If you're able, please attend the Inquisition's office hours tonight. It starts at 8pm server (7pm EST) in the warlock Sanctum in Silvermoon City and runs until 10pm server. It is there that your character will be interviewed (some might say interrogated) for admission.