Application for Natallia

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Natalia

Application for Natallia

Unread post by Natalia »

Grim Application For Natallia

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
- I've known about The Grim since around 2007. I do not personally know anyone in The Grim, but I have spoken with Lilliana, Khorvis, and Lupinum.

The forums are The Grim’s primary method of communication. Will you check them regularly (at least a few times a week)?
- Yes!

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
- My first experience with RP was with D&D back in 2006. I soon joined WoW in 2007 and have been a member of Invictus Sanctum (Alliance-side RP guild) since then and am a current member (with a current rank of Captain - 2nd in command). I consider myself to be a medium - heavy RPer. I define these parameters as someone who openly and willingly looks for RP between guild members. But once I've found a good story to sink my teeth into I can completely submerge myself in that story arc and spend lots of time RPing with others.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
- I've only played a Lawful Evil character once and it was the most fun I had being of evil alignment. Lawful Evil is a particular favorite of mine because it combines the willingness to do anything and everything to meet one's own ends (never shying away from evil acts) but does these things within the confines of laws and rules and (usually) figuring out a way to bend those laws and rules to their own will. I just picture a politician and that's a good place to start!

Have you been part of any other guilds in World of Warcraft? If so, who were they and what server do or did they reside on? Let us know of your experience with them and what made you decide to either leave or continue to stay.
- As stated above, I have been an active member of Invictus Sanctum for many, many years on Twisting Nether. I have deep ties to this guild and will never leave them. I understand there may be some reservations about inducting someone from an Alliance guild that currently has The Grim members on a KOS list, but I adhere to a strict ICC/OOC informational basis. What I know OOC is kept completely seperate from what my characters know ICC. I believe in honor and as such, whatever happens with my characters in their respective guilds stays there. Also, since I am a high ranking member of Invictus Sanctum, I would like to state up front that I am in no way looking to gain any promotions or substantial ranks within The Grim as it would go against the rules of being an officer with Invictus Sanctum.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
- Natalia is an alt. She was created as an antagonist for the Night Elf Illiana Riverdawn (my main). The culmination of that story arc can be found at this link http://wow-tng.org/showthread.php?23542 ... -Free-quot
This story arc will tell you a great deal about who Natalia is, why she does what she does, and how she's connected to this Illiana character from Invictus Sanctum.

I would still love to continue RPing with Natalia because there are still a lot of unresolved issues that could potentially lead to more (and bigger) RP and RPPVP events. Lilliana (as well as other The Grim members) have firsthand knowledge of one such RPPVP event where Natalia was at the center of http://wow-tng.org/showthread.php?23538 ... l-Aegis-HQ

It was a great turnout (even though The Grim members were posing as Twilight's Hammer cultists).

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
- Undead Warlock. She used to be human, but as being resurrected by Lupinum (which is still pending), it was the logical choice to go with. Natalia was originally chosen as warlock because it was a class I had never played and seemed the best choice when torturing a person along with having an endless supply of demons to summon and other tricks warlocks have.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raids, rated battlegrounds, arenas, challenge modes, achievements, etc.)?
- RP would be the main focus of Natalia, but she is already geared at 714 ilevel for pvp I believe. So PVP would definitely be a 2nd priority. Battlegrounds and arenas (in that order of priority).

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment? Do you have any PvE experience from other MMO games?
- PvE was mainly how I played WoW for the longest time. I've played paladin tank, druid heals, and hunter dps in most of the WoD raids (mainly LFRs but I have made progress with my hunter as far as actual raiding. Only making it so far as the beginning of the Hellfire raids). No other experience with other MMO games.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment? Do you have any PvP experience in other MMO games?
- I've PvP'd a bit with my hunter, but I poured most of my efforts into my Afflic-Warlock to have her PvP ready for most of the RPPVP I engaged with her in against others. No other PvP experience in other MMOs.

Did you read and understand our guidelines on character names, listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
- Yes. Only one note: my warlock's name in game is Natallia, but I do use TRP3 and her name is readjusted to Natalia. Apparently there is already a Natalia on our realm).

How is your computer performance when playing World of Warcraft? What is your FPS/load times during heavy graphical or high population times? Is your internet connection stable?
- Average FPS during heavy graphical/high pop times is around 25 - 30. Yes my internet connection is stable.

Provide an armory link to your character.
- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... lia/simple

What days/times do you typically play this character?
- Almost everyday from around 5pm server - 10pm server, sometimes later if I'm off of work.

Have you read the Required Reading? Do you have any questions or concerns about anything there?
- No questions!

Have you read the Mandate? Do you have any questions or concerns about it? Can your character live by it?
- This is something that Natalia could live by, but the corruption/subjugation/manipulation of the weaker is something she definitely takes advantage of. According to The Mandate, dealing with weaker "settlements" is not a top priority for the guild (if I am understanding that correctly). Would that pose an issue if Natalia wishes to perform her own side missions that involved those aspects? She does believe that the strong should either convert the weak, enslave the weak, or kill them if they cannot be dealt with.

Do you have anything further to add?
- As I stated earlier, Lupinum and I still need to get together about how he plans on resurrecting Natalia as an undead before Natalia can officially attempt to enter the guild. An update will be posted on here as soon as I am able to contact him about this.
Aureilya
Lost

Re: Application for Natalia

Unread post by Aureilya »

((I, personally, would be excited to see you join. :) I am also an old member of Invictus Sanctum from 2010-2012, I think. And don't worry, a large number of Grim have active RP alts on Alliance side. Given the background of Natalia, I see sooo much RP potential here!))
Natalia

Re: Application for Natallia

Unread post by Natalia »

((Yes, Invictus Sanctum is not looking forward to seeing more of Natalia. There is still the matter of a Doomlord that is now unshackled in the Twilight Highlands since Natalia died. Much RP to be had with her...and I've temporarily lost my outlet for evilness....I'm have withdrawls))
Natalia

Unread post by Natalia »

((And not that it should sway anyone's decision, but I'm committed to this character...especially after paying for a faction change...just sayin >.>))
Khorvis

Unread post by Khorvis »

Thanks for your interest, Natalia. Once you post a Letter of Intent in the appropriate subforum, we'll be able to go ahead and process your application.

I will be away most of February, so Ruuki and Lilliana are in charge of the in-game Inquisition.
Ulrezaj

Unread post by Ulrezaj »

No need for brackets in this post (( )). It's an OOC thread.

Btw, you got de creds. I hope to see you intermingle with the new Supplicants. When I joined, I was able to do that with Ul-Rezaj, and so we had some excellent RP and arena teams. We have a few who are actively looking for RP and I, personally, would like to develop some of my alt's egos.

I am responding because your background for this post is exceptionally well-rounded, leaving a remarkable first impression.
Filora

Unread post by Filora »

Natalia wrote:Have you read the Mandate? Do you have any questions or concerns about it? Can your character live by it?
- This is something that Natalia could live by, but the corruption/subjugation/manipulation of the weaker is something she definitely takes advantage of. According to The Mandate, dealing with weaker "settlements" is not a top priority for the guild (if I am understanding that correctly). Would that pose an issue if Natalia wishes to perform her own side missions that involved those aspects? She does believe that the strong should either convert the weak, enslave the weak, or kill them if they cannot be dealt with.
While the Grim has a strong theme and can't have characters openly break it without that being addressed, OOCly there is a lot of wiggle room and folks are happy to work with you to find a way to make your character fit. There are a lot of characters in the Grim that don't necessarily uphold the Mandate 24/7, or even a majority of the time, but they do it in a way that doesn't invite open confrontation. Your character not exclusively focusing on the Grim's top priority won't be an issue at all as long as she's not being deliberately provocative.

Pretty much just don't state at your first interview that you refuse to kill innocent people, and you should be fine. (Who would do that?! <_<)

18:41:20 [Lilliana-TwistingNether]: I don't know how to play the game, just rp.
21:31:21 [Ulrezaj-TwistingNether]: What are we without the bw?
Natalia

Unread post by Natalia »

You mean...killing someone won't be part of the initiation? Darn...
Aureilya
Lost

Unread post by Aureilya »

Natalia- don't forget to write your IC letter of intent! We can't do anything until that happens. :)
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

Well ... the interview isn't the initiation. You can take it as a given that blood will be spilled earning your tabard. Orphanages are bonus.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Natalia

Unread post by Natalia »

Finally talking to Lup. I will have that letter of intent as soon as I'm done talking with him :D
Natalia

Unread post by Natalia »

...and letter of intent is done! :D
Ulrezaj

Unread post by Ulrezaj »

Excuse me, but allow me to legalize you all.

<Equips bifocals.>

@Filora It's also possible to impose various interpretive methods upon the Mandate in order to achieve a certain outcome. Therein, it shall be understood that the Mandate permits, but is not limited to: enabling the fulfillment of ulterior motivations, regulating commerce among the several continents, and promoting the best interests of society.
Anaie
Lost

Unread post by Anaie »

Are you looking to raid? I see you have experience in the past. If so, message me here or look for me in game (Anaie, or Rumbuggery, or Kiaransalius), or look for Alakhai.

If the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking.
Natalia

Unread post by Natalia »

@Anaie
I've only geared her for pvp. I would have to grind to be able to get her decently geared to start raiding. Might take me a week or two at the rate I spend in-game.