Vencentio

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Vencentio

Vencentio

Unread post by Vencentio »

(IC) What name or title do you go by?
      - Athanas Anah'Menar or "Vencent"

(IC) What is your gender and race?
      - Male Sin'Dorei

(IC) What is your class in life?  Why did you choose to follow this class?
      - I'm a Demonologist. I chose to follow this because it chose to follow me.

(IC) How would you describe yourself?
      - I'm an articulate individual with a reasonably friendly demeanor. I have a volatile temper which, combined with a short fuse, tends to result in destructive behavior against those who cross me. I've got a side of that most haven't lived to tell of and I intend to keep it that way. For those who gain my trust and respect, I am a trustworthy and dependable ally.

(IC) What drives you in life?  Why do you want to be Grim?
      - I'm driven by my desire to continually shape my passion into a deadlier weapon against the Alliance. In a sense, I suppose you could say I'm driven by my hatred for them. As far as becoming Grim, I believe the quote "Peace Through Annihilation" entirely with my heart. I've considered the alternatives and this is the only way for things to be settled.

(IC) What did you do prior to The Grim?
      - At a young age, I saw quickly the destructive powers of magical obsession in my father. He had become consumed by his work to the point of a continuous stupor. My mother felt as if his influence was harmful and quickly attempted to hide me from him. She mandated a secret escape from what is now Silvermoon City to that of Strom in the Arathi Highlands. Unfortunately, along the way, she and most of the small party we traveled in were lost in scuffles with barbaric Trolls roaming the woods. Barely making it there alive, I was officially an orphan in the heavily magic-practicing city of Strom. Quickly I took interest in the Arcane and dark magics and spent several years studying there. As Strom gradually decayed and the city of Stormwind became more prominent, I moved there and continued my new art. It wasn't until news of the scourge invasion and Sunwells destruction that I decided to leave the Human city and return to my homeland. I've taken to primarily studying for the most part and working with Demons. However, I have begun to train students individually with a desire for my knowledge and work closely with them. Teaching, it seems, is something I also have a slighted passion for doing.

(IC) What are your thoughts on the pact between the Alliance and the Warchief Thrall?
      - The pact between the Alliance and Thrall is outrageous. The races comprising the Alliance have mentally deteriorated into nomadic buffoons which have far from earned any form of temporary pact with our people. I respect Thrall very much and I believe there is more to his decision than what we've been told.

(OOC) The Grim is a role-playing guild that requires full immersion (heavy RP) of their members.  What does that mean to you?
      - It means 100%. I feel as if there aren't enough RP guilds on RP servers and the number of them is dwindling. It's a shame that some people on these servers don't even know what RP is.

(OOC)  The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild, ruled by structure and a defined chain of command with the intent to see the complete annihilation of their enemies.  How does your character's personality and storyline follow the Grim Mandate?  Is there any conflict between how you want to play your character and the theme of the Grim?  If so, what do you expect out of you joining?
    - There is no conflict. Vencent has a small history with the Alliance in his past but his loyalties are with his own. They always will be.

(OOC) What sort of role-playing experience do you have, online or off-line?  Do you consider yourself a beginner or Gary Gygax?
      - I'm far from a beginner. I've done text-based RP'ing for almost eight years now. Writing is something I thoroughly enjoy as a hobby and have since I was younger. I've also founded a few guilds. On WoW, I joined a some guilds on my old server before I transferred to Twisting Nether with my most recent.

(OOC) Do you have any previous WoW experience?  (PvP, Raiding, Battlegrounds, Different Servers, Different Guilds, Different Factions, etc.)
      - Yes. I've been playing for about two years now. I'm pretty good at PvP and I love world raiding. I actually prefer it over instances such as Kara. However, I'll go if I'm needed. I've got characters on Burning Blade, Uther, this one, and my old server was The Venture Co.

(OOC)  What are you, the player, looking for in the Grim? What are your expectations of the guild?
      - My only expectations from the guild is a friendly and mature group of people who know how to RP. Finding that alone is hard enough.
Last edited by Vencentio on Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Acherontia
Lost

Re: Vencentio

Unread post by Acherontia »

I should be surprised indeed if ever there was brought before me a Troll who would claim allegiance with the Alliance.  In my experience, most remain isolated and savage to this day, while a very few have allied with Thrall under the Horde banner.  Even fewer still have taken up the cause of peace through annihilation, and while we all have our differences to be sure, those who have proven themselves among us and wear the red and black are and will be treated as Grim before anything else.
Thrysta

Unread post by Thrysta »

*giggles*

I want to look inside him.
Acherontia
Lost

Unread post by Acherontia »

Admitted.