Kelgrave

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Kelgrave

Kelgrave

Unread post by Kelgrave »

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
- I was a member of The Grim during The Burning Crusade expansion under a different character (Kazgard). I know Drinn, primarily, though a few other members' names are familiar to me.

The forums are The Grim’s primary method of communication. Will you check them regularly (at least a few times a week)?
- I'm liable to check them at least a few times a day--I can't help myself.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
- Aside from my prior roleplaying experience in The Grim, I've roleplayed mostly in Star Wars Galaxies, Warhammer Online, and The Old Republic. I do consider myself a heavy RPer, meaning that I take an always-on approach to incorporating my roleplay into my gameplay rather than limiting RP opportunities to scheduled events.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
- As a former Grim, yes, I have experience with lawful evil characters.

Have you been part of any other guilds in World of Warcraft? If so, who were they and what server do or did they reside on? Let us know of your experience with them and what made you decide to either leave or continue to stay.
- During vanilla, I played on Scarlet Crusade with the raiding guild Amici. I helped to clear MC, Onyxia, BWL, AQ, and made partial progress into Naxx before I took a break from WoW for personal reasons. I played again during Wrath with a raiding guild whose name I can't remember, but we cleared the new Naxx and made progress into Ulduar and TotC before I left the game again--I've had an on-again, off-again relationship with WoW over the years.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
- No alts.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
- Undead Warrior. I've loved the lore surrounding the Forsaken since I first started playing WoW. As for Warrior, I'm usually drawn to classes that rely more on martial skill than magical powers. Though my previous Grim character was a Rogue, I wanted to give a tanking class a shot for this character and I've been enjoying it thoroughly.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raids, rated battlegrounds, arenas, challenge modes, achievements, etc.)?
- I'd like to cleave some Alliance skulls alongside like-minded Horde while simultaneously outmaneuvering and outscheming the other elements of the Horde that would prefer a more diplomatic approach toward achieving peace.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment? Do you have any PvE experience from other MMO games?
- See the prior guilds question above for PvE experience. DPS is the only role I've played seriously in a raid environment, although I've dabbled in healing as a Paladin in LFR and wouldn't mind giving raid tanking a shot with this character. WoW's the only game in which I've raided.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment? Do you have any PvP experience in other MMO games?
- Lots of PvP back during Burning Crusade as a rogue--primarily battlegrounds, but I dabbled a bit in arenas. Currently, I'm still getting my feet wet in Warrior PvP, mostly in Ashran. I've played both DPS and healers in PvP and can like both depending on the particular class I'm playing. As for other MMOs, I PvPed a ton in Warhammer and SWTOR.

Did you read and understand our guidelines on character names, listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
- Read and understood.

How is your computer performance when playing World of Warcraft? What is your FPS/load times during heavy graphical or high population times? Is your internet connection stable?
- Consistently smooth FPS and stable Internet.

Provide an armory link to your character.
- http://us.battle.net/wow/character/twis ... /Kelgrave/

What days/times do you typically play this character?
- Most days, usually favoring US evening hours.

Have you read the Required Reading? Do you have any questions or concerns about anything there?
- I have read it--no questions or concerns.

Have you read the Mandate? Do you have any questions or concerns about it? Can your character live by it?
- Read, understood, and embraced.

Do you have anything further to add?
- I do not.
Drinn

Re: Kelgrave

Unread post by Drinn »

KAZZZZZZZZ!

<cartwheels and flips>
Khorvis

Re: Kelgrave

Unread post by Khorvis »

Ah, another warrior. Throm'ka 'n stuff!

You were in the Grim before, though that was on a different character. Much has changed since the Burning Crusade, and while we normally readmit full members who left on good terms, I think it would be better if your character went through the Inquisition process.

The Inquisition holds its office hours every Monday night, this upcoming one being at 7:00pm server time. This time alternates every week with the later slot of 8:30pm. If you cannot ever attend, please let us know and we can make other arrangements. Your in-character interview will be conducted in-game by Inquisitors.

Your letter of intent will receive an in-character response.