Masuabie's Application

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

masuabie

Masuabie's Application

Unread post by masuabie »

Grim Application For Masuabie

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
Aderlee told me about it and I have gone to the Cantina near Olgrimmar a few times to try to learn more. I know Aderlee and have met a few others.

The forums are The Grim’s primary method of communication. Will you check them regularly (at least a few times a week)?

Yup, I love reading forums!

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?

I have been RPing for a few years now in Ravenholdt. I started on the Horde in a small guild called Silver Dragon Outriders. Then, me and my friends changed to Alliance and joined Twilight Empire. I still RP with them on occasion, but I want my main focus to be on the Horde.

I have also played many D&D campaigns where RP is always heavily Implied. I have RPed in other MMOs sparely, but my focus has always been WoW.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
I have experience playing characters with a lawful evil alignment. I have also had experience playing lawful good characters. I believe my experience with both alignment will help me fit into the Grim and their structure.

Have you been part of any other guilds in World of Warcraft? If so, who were they and what server do or did they reside on? Let us know of your experience with them and what made you decide to either leave or continue to stay.

Ninja Dragons, Terrokar – This was a guild I was in during Burning Crusade on the Alliance side. I was part of the group of leaders. We didn’t RP per say since I didn’t really know what it was during that time but we did have lots of fun. I took a break from WoW and started on a new server afterward.

RABD, Detheroc – This was a guild with many IRL friends that worked at the same establishment as me. Unfortunately, as many good things do, it came to an end with issues at the top. I mainly did PVE in this guild and not so much RP.

Silver Dragon Outriders, Ravenholdt – This was my first real RP guild. We were a group of mercenaries for hire on the Horde side. We worked together with many different Horde Guilds during the time of our existence. Eventually, we merged with Kingdom of the Sun to have a stronger presence.

Kingdom of the Sun/Sunstorm Confederation, Ravenholdt – Kingdom of the Sun was a Horde guild exclusively for Blood Elves. Of course, my main character was a Troll. They made an exception for me and the other non-Elf members that joined from Silver Dragon Outriders. Even though we were Officers of the guild, RP-wise it made it hard to enjoy since they were so elitist towards Blood Elves. I took a break during this time and eventually moved to the Alliance to be with some friends.

Twilight Empire, Ravenholdt – This was my last Guild. It is a current Alliance guild which I still have some alts in. They are much less active now and I have had a yearning to play a lawful evil character which wouldn’t fit into their structure. This lead to me moving my main character to the Horde in hopes of joining the Grim.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
This is my main character. I am applying with him for the Grim in hopes to RP him to his full potential. I also have an alt I will be applying with as well, Murderclaw.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?

Troll Hunter. He is a Troll because I felt it fit his character the best. He is a hunter for the same reason.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raids, rated battlegrounds, arenas, challenge modes, achievements, etc.)?
I want to be a part of the rated battlegrounds/arenas within the guild. I love PvP and I would love to do it in a big RP setting like the Grim.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment? Do you have any PvE experience from other MMO games?

I have only seriously raided in WOTLK. Since then, I have always done dungeons and raids, but never too seriously. I would love to get back into it again with a dedicated group.

I have always felt comfortable being a DPS, but I have tanked as well.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment? Do you have any PvP experience in other MMO games?

I have been PvPing since vanilla in WoW and have always loved it. I will always love being a Hunter in PvP the most, but I have done it as many different classes. I have PvPed in a few other games, but none to the extent I have WoW.

Did you read and understand our guidelines on character names, listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)

I have.

How is your computer performance when playing World of Warcraft? What is your FPS/load times during heavy graphical or high population times? Is your internet connection stable?

I have no trouble running WoW. I build my PC a few years ago with the intent that it would keep me at high settings for years to come. My FPS should never drop below 30 in a crowded zone.

Provide an armory link to your character.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/r ... bie/simple

What days/times do you typically play this character?

I will almost always be on Sundays. I am also available M-Th after 5:30PM PST.

Have you read the Required Reading? Do you have any questions or concerns about anything there?

Yes

Have you read the Mandate? Do you have any questions or concerns about it? Can your character live by it?

Yes my character will happily live by it.

Do you have anything further to add?

Stay away from the Voodoo
Khorvis

Re: Masuabie's Application

Unread post by Khorvis »

Thanks for your application, Masuabie.

As you may have read in the required reading, we need an in-character letter of intent. Once you get that up, we can proceed with your Inquisition. Speaking of, we hold office hours for aspirants and supplicants every Monday night from 7 to 9pm server at various locations.
Lilliana

Unread post by Lilliana »

Hi Masuabie :)
Aderlee
Lost

Unread post by Aderlee »

Masuabie and I started Silver Dragon Outriders together, and I have RP'd with him since sometime in 2009 in WoW, and DnD before that. He's a great guy and brings a hilarious but balanced level of absurd comedic relief to very serious characters.
masuabie

Unread post by masuabie »

Thanks Khorvis!

Glad I was able to make it today. :D
Khorvis

Unread post by Khorvis »

Admitted.