Thulgrim

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Thulgrim

Thulgrim

Unread post by Thulgrim »

Grim Application For: Thulgrim Oathbound

How did you hear about The Grim?
- I came with Tugsworth to Twisting Nether a few months ago and asked around for information on RP guilds on the server, The Grim and The Dragonhawk Brigade were the ones mentioned.

What experience do you have with internet forums? Do you check them frequently or infrequently?
- I'd say I'm of average skill when using forums and I do check them frequently.

What sort of role-playing experience do you have? Would you consider yourself a beginner or Gary Gygax?
- I've been RPing for over seven years so I'd hope I was closer to Gygax level interactions! *Chuckles*

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
- My old deathknight persona I used to RP was a lawfully grey character and slightly crazy alchemist who had no regards for others' well-being. Granted, new server and new character, but yes I can see Thulgrim melding in quite well with the set archetype.

Have you been part of any other guilds in World of Warcraft? If so, who were they and what server do or did they reside on? Let us know of your experience with them and what made you decide to either leave or continue to stay.
- Let's see...I started on the Sargeras Server at the end of vanilla WoW and stayed there until the beginning of Wrath, helping raid lead a guild called Xav's Minions. Eventually Xav sold his account so the guild disbanded. Needing a home I transferred to Emerald Dream and joined a guild called Nyx. Stayed there for 8 months and while it was fun, it didn't have everything I was looking for so I transferred Alliance side with one of my RL friends and joined Kingship. I spend two years in Kingship and while they were decent at certain aspects of the game, their membership was "replaceable" and if you left them their GM made sure to attempt to drive you from the RP community. After that boatload of -fun- I formed the guild Sin for 4 months time, it was a small, modest 10 man guild which saw some good progression. I eventually disbanded it myself and retired until a month before MoP. I came back to the game again and transferred here in hopes of finding mellow and like-minded individuals with my buddy Tugsworth and we're currently in The Dragonhawk Brigade now. While they are certainly nice people in DB, the RP style and lack of things to do doesn't mesh well and I find myself yearning something more active.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
- This is my main character, no worries.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment? Do you have any PvE experience from other MMO games?
- My skill ranges from old school Vashj, Kael, Hyjal and BT kills all the way to Dragon Soul heroics. I've always been comfortable in both tank and DPS roles and I do favor my death knight. I can't say I have too much experience in other games.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment? Do you have any PvP experience in other MMO games?
- I was an 1850 player in arenas and RBGs back on Emerald Dream during Cata. Again I'm comfortable with tank, (Flag Carrier) and DPS roles within those environments. Aside from shooters have no other real PvP experience.

What is your regular World of Warcraft play schedule? If your answer is "anytime", "flexible", or some other vague word please describe why.
- It varies due to the fact my job is unpredictable with hours, however if I'm able to see a guild schedule I might be able to augment my hours to fit with the guild for events/raiding/PvP etc.

How is your computer performance when playing World of Warcraft? What is your FPS/load times during heavy graphical or high population times? Is your internet connection stable?
- I'm usually still sitting at 60 FPS even in high pop or heavy graphical situations, internet while it is Time Warner is relatively stable.

Provide an armory link to your character.
- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... rim/simple

Do you have anything further to add?
-Only that I'm an open-book so if you have anything else to ask, go for it!
Awatu

Re: Thulgrim

Unread post by Awatu »

Could you go into more specifics about why you're wanting to leave DHB?
Thulgrim

Unread post by Thulgrim »

I've been accustomed to a more immersible RP environment as it really makes me think and play the character as it should be, RPing in guild chat, call-outs and meetings. The only thing DHB has at present is an RP channel that is rarely used by any present within. I've also heard you've been know to make great strives in PvE as well as PvP and I certainly wish to get behind like minded individuals! I mean, I'm not knocking DHB as they're really nice people, just not the level of play or immersion in role play that I'm looking for.
Araun
Lost

Unread post by Araun »

Admitted.