apropos of nothing

Public Out of Character Board.
Greebo

apropos of nothing

Unread post by Greebo »

It is still weird to me to see the little 100 on our avatars. Level 100. It's been a long journey. What is one of your earliest WoW memories?

For me I remember struggling to cross the Hinterlands because I went there a few levels too early and the mobs sensed the fact that blizzard has had my "increase aggro radius" flag set since character creation (stop laughing all of you, you know it's true - no one can pull from further away than me, no one! It's a super power). In Jintha'alor I got my first blue, and while still in the zone I earned enough honour to buy a pvp purple. Bracers I think. Level 50. And thus was a loot-whore born.
I have bits of recollection of Desolas and killing centaurs, but it was in Hinterlands that my mind became comfortable enough with the game to be able to take a step back and Greebo began to separate into his own entity and stop being just me-playing-wow.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Canaie
Irredeemable

Re: apropos of nothing

Unread post by Canaie »

I remember going to an RP event with Anaie and Kharzak (this was before we were in the Grim) that involved an organized TM/South Shore battle. And then the Grim showed up, killed everything, and crashed the server. Good times!
Gorthag

Unread post by Gorthag »

I remember on my first ever WoW character I made an Orc warrior (Much like the one I am now but not quite) and I played for an entire night because I just couldn't stop. I slept through almost the entire day and almost did the same thing the following night. But I remember well the pre-wrath event where people were turned into ghouls. On my Alliance character the entire Hellfire peninsula hub was a ghost town, and if you landed you'd get eaten by ghouls, which was fun because then you got to eat other people as a ghoul.
Khorvis

Unread post by Khorvis »

I played a troll shaman named Kraeljin during Vanilla (on a different server). There was a quest that made you carry some letter or item from either Orgrimmar or the Crossroads all the way by foot to Thunder Bluff. I remember approaching TB for the first time. It was night in-game and I recall looking up at the city on the cliffs being simply astounded by the peacefulness of it all.

That quest is gone now, as it was an excuse to get the TB flight path for low level characters. Now you just hop on a wind rider!
Pincus

Unread post by Pincus »

My first real memory of WoW was on CC, with Grainger in Nature's Grace. I, as a Nelf restro druid heard rumors of something going down in Felwood. That's where I ran into Creator and his band of hooligans. Ended up going one on one with Bruaj, and nearly bought the farm while moonfire-spamming. Then the nelf rogue popped up and off I went. The next half hour or so was a all out world PvP battle in Astranaar. After that, TN opened, and because of this and Grainger, we moved and started The Grim.

Also from that time, and Grainger may remember this, was 2 others we instanced with, a sword rogue and a gnome mage. The poor, poor bastard who was the 5th wheel never, ever, EVER knew what they were getting in to.
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

Remember the ZG plague? Oh god, I recall being in the Ironforge AH (dirty Alliance I was, in the beginning) and suddenly everyone dying, and the huge ruckus going on due to it.
Filora

Unread post by Filora »

When I was a wee little Xaraphyne (Horde and TN from the start, yo)*, I remember climbing up onto the barrier hills surrounding the Barrens and finding it really cool to move along the borders of the zone – where folks didn't normally go, a little outside the game's intentions.

*I didn't start playing til BC though, I'm actually a poser

18:41:20 [Lilliana-TwistingNether]: I don't know how to play the game, just rp.
21:31:21 [Ulrezaj-TwistingNether]: What are we without the bw?
Awatu

Unread post by Awatu »

My first character that I ever made on my original trial account was a Tauren Hunter. He made it to level 8. My second character was an Undead Mage who made it to level 18, I think. I deleted these characters when my trial ran out as I thought that would happen anyway. Then I purchased the game about three months before Burning Crusade.

My friend that had suggested I try out the game was Alliance at the time on Twisting Nether, so I made an Alliance character to play with him. A Night Elf Hunter named Elendos. I got him to the mid 50's when I simply became bored of how Hunters played and how tedious it was becoming to keep my pets that I made a Draenei Paladin, Ignas. I got Ignas to about 20 when I was approached by someone who had just formed a guild and was looking for members. Ignas joined Fabled Order, which already had a pretty full roster, and I traveled down the road of RP.

Fondest early memores:
Fabled Order vs The Grim at Theramore
All-paladin clear of Karazhan.
Getting a full set of Gladiator gear and feeling unstoppable!