thegrim.org DNS Donations

Public Out of Character Board.
Pincus

thegrim.org DNS Donations

Unread post by Pincus »

Well, it's great to be part of something that has lasted this long! The Grim has been around for a long time now. So long, that it's time to renew the domain name for the site! Oy!

I'm looking for help with some modest donations to extend the registration of thegrim.org. I'm currently looking at name.com as the registrar. Cost of a one year renewal is 8.99, plus I'm thinking of adding 4 more years @ 10.99/year. This will take us to 2019, which is when our SSL certificate expires.

Let me know if you can help.
Neevah

Re: thegrim.org DNS Donations

Unread post by Neevah »

Where do we throw monies?
Pincus

Unread post by Pincus »

Ok, monies. Easiest way will probably be Google Wallet (I have a physical card with them - so easy to pay them off, and should be the lowest fees for all of us - at $0).

1) Go to http://wallet.google.com - upper left is a "Sign In" link. For now, I'm going to assume everyone has a GMail address nowadays.

2) Link your account info and transfer in some money for a donation. Debit cards and bank transfers have $0 in fees. Credit cards will add 2.9% on top of whatever you want to add - so take that into account.

3) Send the payment to my GMail address. Since this is a public forum, I'm not posting that here! Hit me up in online chat, or IM me. Or if you know my surname, that's my GMail address (+@gmail.com, of course).

In about 2 weeks, I'll go ahead and make the renewal (going on vacation at the end of September). Any leftover money will be sent back to the donators (I don't want to do more than 5 years at this point).
Canaie
Irredeemable

Unread post by Canaie »

Are you still looking for more monies?
Pincus

Unread post by Pincus »

Still looking for more. Thanks to Rukki and Canai, we can push out to 2016. Need another 22.71 to push it out to the target 2019.
Mohan
Lost

Unread post by Mohan »

Have some moneys!
Pincus

Unread post by Pincus »

12.71 to go! We're now good until 2017! Note that if there is excess, I'll send money back! I only need what the bill is...
Valindria
Lost

Unread post by Valindria »

Here's some more monies!
Keeper of the Vault, pseudo CFO
[Now shut up and give me your money! =P]
Pincus

Unread post by Pincus »

Thanks to Ruuki, Valindria, Canai, and Mohan - we're good for 5 more years! If anyone wants a custom domain in thegrim.org, let me know...it's ours to (ab)use!