access to thegrim.org

Public Out of Character Board.
Greebo

access to thegrim.org

Unread post by Greebo »

Mac works. android works. Windows does not. for me and Yemana at least, with android also using the same wireless connection as the Mac and the pc.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Neevah

Re: access to thegrim.org

Unread post by Neevah »

Comcast?
Canaie
Irredeemable

Unread post by Canaie »

It seems to be Comcast. They are blocking us because of something ssl related.
Canaie
Irredeemable

Unread post by Canaie »

Opened up the work laptop running Fedora, using my same Comcast connection. Doesn't work, of course. Then I connect to our office VPN and I can browse the forums. I'm thinking that there's something busted with Comcast DNS servers, since the VPN would (I think?) use different ones.
Thalevia
Lost

Unread post by Thalevia »

Abric can't connect via pc but I can via the mac. I don't think he's on comcast though.
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

Accessing fine in Tampa (Verizon) on PC. Can't test android, as the phone is charging in the bedroom.

And yes, I think Comcast is the go-to in Pensacola. So that would echo Canai's statement.

But it being Windows vs Mac seems peculiar.
Riplie
Irredeemable

Unread post by Riplie »

Everyone online tonight that had issues had Comcast. They can see the server and connect to other sites that are on the same machine, just unable to connect to any SSL related websites (I.E. this one)
Thalevia
Lost

Unread post by Thalevia »

Abric is on Cox not Comcast, I just asked.

He also just said to have either Sindl or Awatu send out a mass email to everyone to explain why it might not work for them.
Canaie
Irredeemable

Unread post by Canaie »

I have OSX as well and it doesn't work for me there either.
Aureilya
Lost

Unread post by Aureilya »

So what is the conclusion, then? Should people just sit tight and hope Comcast eventually figures it out, or should the people having issues proactively call Comcast with the site URL and explain what's happening?
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

We're on Time Warner, but my PC uses Google's dns server.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Awatu

Unread post by Awatu »

I haven't the foggiest on how to send a mass email. I can do a mass pm. All of this being on my phone doesn't help.
Grainger

Unread post by Grainger »

As it's affecting access to the minecraft site as well, it's dns related, probably dnssec and something not authenticating properly. Pincus controls the dns setup so he'll have to take a look at it.
Canaie
Irredeemable

Unread post by Canaie »

It's dnssec. Comcast started using it back in August and I know we set it up fairly recently. It was all working fine until Friday night, so I'm guessing we changed something on our side. Comcast isn't going to fix anything, especially since Google is having the same issue. Pincus, fix it fix it fix it!
Canaie
Irredeemable

Unread post by Canaie »

In the meantime, there's a simple workaround. Just change your DNS to something other then Comcast and not DNSSec. I changed it at the router level to OpenDNS and I was able to get into Mumble.

http://www.opendns.com/opendns-ip-addresses/