2009 Grim Camping Trip/ Get Together

Public Out of Character Board.
Amaurn

Re: 2009 Grim Camping Trip/ Get Together

Unread post by Amaurn »

Krinathalasa wrote: Mexican food is gross. Give me a nice steak or a good ol fashion cheeseburger.
Steak I'll grant ya. Burger ok. But neither are better than Mexican food!
[img]http://members.cox.net/glomund/images/amaurn.png[/img]
Thalevia
Lost

Unread post by Thalevia »

I liked that location.  But I have only been once.
Nymare

Unread post by Nymare »

Uh, cause Abric said to -

In my opinion, Penn and Cal are too far way.  Texas, however, is enormous, which makes it close to everything, therefor the get together should be here.

Austin's awesome!  Or maybe a camping area between Austin and San Antonio, so the drive to places like Sea World or Schlitterbahn wouldn't be too far.  Or going tubing on the river?  Or just camp -at- Schlitterbahn or the tubing place, and then we could just drive into Austin to enjoy 6th street, or Lake Travis, or visit one of the Draft Houses or go to a Roller Derby.  And there is -always- live music.

I... suddenly feel like a commercial.

Or, we can camp further north at Enchanted Rock and climb things like Grim little monkeys!  Trouble is, there's really nothing else out there... except Fredericksburg, which is full of sausage and beer (hey WAR players, visit or invade ALTDORF!) and wine!

And, no, we couldn't crash with me.  Too many people here already.  Chingasso and Gorvena are conveniently located in San Antonio, I think, though... XD

Otherwise... I'd prefer the cheapest thing, mebbe?  I've been told that the solution to this, for me, is to go marry a military man.  I suppose I can do that between now and the next camping trip, but incase I don't, I might vote for Penn, since I've never really been camping with tents and bears and Grims before.
Last edited by Nymare on Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

Or we could camp out in the haunted ruins of the SCSC.

*puts away many, many jokes about size*
Last edited by Greebo on Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Qabian

Unread post by Qabian »

California is about as far away as it's possible to get without rounding the globe and starting to get closer again.

However, it is awesome.

However, I wanted to go to Drumheller 'cause of Tyrrell and nostalgia and was prevented by money.  The only nostalgia for me in California is from Anaheim when I was 8 years old.  I hate alcohol.  I hate parties.  And I hate people.  So yes, I received the threats of kidnapping.  You'll never find me.  Well, you might find where I live, but I won't be here when you get here.

I will have vicarious fun through the pictures afterward.

Although it's possible I could be convinced to go almost anywhere with promises of rollercoasters and funnel cake.
Sammuel

Unread post by Sammuel »

plenty of rollercoasters and funnel cakes here in TEXAS... come on down. it's central.
[img]http://www.murf-e.com/grim/sam_sig006.gif[/img]
Nymare

Unread post by Nymare »

Sammuel wrote: plenty of rollercoasters and funnel cakes here in TEXAS... come on down. it's central.
He's not kidding.

Six Flags Fiesta Texas - San Antonio

Six Flags over Texas - Arlington (Dallas-Fort Worth area... which also has... MEDIEVAL TIMES!)

Sea World has rides, but mostly shows.  DOLPHIN PETTING.  Uh... stuff.  Prolly funnel cake, but I don't recall...

Both Six Flags parks have funnel cake, though, yes.  And RIDES.  So many rides.

Schlitterbahn has lotsa rides, but all are water-themed (I think. It's been ages since I've been there.)  Can't recall funnel cake, but what better place to get powdered sugar all over you than where you're surrounded by water to play in?

Of course, the distance between San Antonio and Dallas is... hours.  :D  So trying to do everything in both locales is something that only people on a high school band trip would do. /cough
Last edited by Nymare on Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amaurn

Unread post by Amaurn »

Nymare wrote:

Of course, the distance between San Antonio and Dallas is... hours.  :D  So trying to do everything in both locales is something that only people on a high school band trip would do. /cough

You..... went to BAND CAMP?!  Tell us the crazy stories of debauchery!
[img]http://members.cox.net/glomund/images/amaurn.png[/img]
Acherontia
Lost

Unread post by Acherontia »

Last edited by Acherontia on Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nymare

Unread post by Nymare »

Amaurn wrote: You..... went to BAND CAMP?!  Tell us the crazy stories of debauchery!
I hate you.
Acherontia wrote: Oy!  It was unavoidable!  When your high school band kicks the ass of everyone who is local, it has to travel to find new asses to kick!  *stomps away*
I love you.
Qabian

Unread post by Qabian »

Our band didn't have a "camp".  We just went places and played music and occasionally ransacked malls.  I blame Hollywood.

But technically, pretty much anywhere in North America and Europe could afford me the possibility of nearby rollercoasters and funnel cake -- well, anywhere except the crappy city I live in, but!  I don't want possible nearby rollercoasters and funnel cake.  I want tasty, delicious PROMISES of rollercoasters and funnel cake.
Acherontia
Lost

Unread post by Acherontia »

Last edited by Acherontia on Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

So I checked out funnel cake on wikipedia. Looks like what happens when you screw up making a doughnut.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Unread post by Syreenna »

You don't have funnel cake in Canada?  You don't know what funnel cake is?  How could you not know what funnel cake is!!!  Poor Canadians...milk in bags and no funnel cake....
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Malstrom
Lost

Unread post by Malstrom »

Syreena wrote: You don't have funnel cake in Canada?  You don't know what funnel cake is?  How could you not know what funnel cake is!!!  Poor Canadians...milk in bags and no funnel cake....
We have "Beaver Tails" which are sorta similar, in that they are fried dough with a variety of toppings.  Yaya.  Beaver tails.  Canada.  Haha!

As for the Grim camping trip next year, I won't know if I can attend or not until a month or so before the event (thus is my life).  While Texas/Cali are very far away, if I do decide to go the distance should not be too much of a barrier, plus I have never been to Texas, and San Francisco is the only place in Cali I have been to, and I love new places. 

Anyway, for my part we'll have to see what's what next year.  It's my parents 50th wedding anniversary(!) and we're doing something crazy for them, so that will likely be where my coin goes next year...

Mal
"While I stand, no Grim will fall"