patch speculation...

Public Out of Character Board.
Sammuel

patch speculation...

Unread post by Sammuel »

this week, next week, week after... I want to try titan's grip.
[img]http://www.murf-e.com/grim/sam_sig006.gif[/img]
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Re: patch speculation...

Unread post by Syreenna »

October 14.

(Total wild guess, backed up by absolutely zero official information, other than "mid-October" that I read somewhere.)
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Krinathalasa

Unread post by Krinathalasa »

That is what I have read from trolling forums is mid october.  It'll happen soon as Blizz is just putting the finishing touches on the classes.  So I expect the xpac to drop on Nov 13th as well.
Araun
Lost

Unread post by Araun »

Last I heard it was due this week, but who knows anymore.

I think people are expecting a DPS upgrade, and are going to be sorely disappointed when it doesn't happen.  
vbhh, m mkl, m k bni bng'vvvvc
AKA: Araun, the.
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Unread post by Syreenna »

Kelven wrote: I think people are expecting a DPS upgrade, and are going to be sorely disappointed when it doesn't happen.  
Disappointment degree varying by whether you're a hybrid or a pure-DPS class?

(Ooh yeah, I went there!  :P )
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Krinathalasa

Unread post by Krinathalasa »

Its going to be a huge overhaul of the game in general.  Some specs got nerfed (elemental shaman/Shadow priests) while others got buffed (Retnoobs/mages).  Then toss in mana consumption/battery changes and you have a new game.  I just hope they changes the fights to consider the fact that people will not be quaffing mana potions like they are candy to keep people up.

I suspect we will be hearing "OOM" a lot in the next couple of weeks.
Araun
Lost

Unread post by Araun »

Raiding will be new and bizarre.  Very complicated fights (like Kael) might break and become impossible... or ludicrously easy.  I forsee an entertaining October on that score.

But yeah, what I hear is that DPS is down all over, unless you happen to be a Retribution Paladin.  Then you are giggling happily.  Maybe I just think this because I spend every Saturday afternoon stuck in a car for an hour with a friend who is VERY DISPLEASED by the talent changes.

OTOH, I wish I were a warlock.  Who cares if it's broken, Chaos Bolt just sounds cool.
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

Krinathalasa wrote: I suspect we will be hearing "OOM" a lot in the next couple of weeks.
Yeah, screw sac'ing for +dps, sac'ing for mp5 ftw. And Malstrom will never notice that anything changed.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Esrythalon

Unread post by Esrythalon »

There are people expecting it tomorrow -- I'm fairly certain that's why my friend paid so much for my bear run, because he thinks that it's gone tomorrow.
Kaean

Unread post by Kaean »

I have faith blizzard wont mess anything up
Muatah
Lost

Unread post by Muatah »

Coyotl wrote: There are people expecting it tomorrow -- I'm fairly certain that's why my friend paid so much for my bear run, because he thinks that it's gone tomorrow.
Pardon me? You have a Bear?
[img]http://members.cox.net/glomund/images/muatah2.png[/img]
"Only in the tales that humans tell do hunters kill the wolves in the end."
Kharzak

Unread post by Kharzak »

a shame that elementals were ignored for so long, then nerfed, then ignored, then nerfed, then bc came out, then ignored, then changed, then nerfed.  and now we get a nerf, then wotlk will come out, etc
This is Wrath of Air Country! Select the superior air totem. Use Wrath of Air today!
Araun
Lost

Unread post by Araun »

Random aside:

OK.

Amaurn, Angaroth - one of you gets to be the guy with an icon of Richard.  I don't care how you decide, whether by lot or by ripping out your own tibias and beating each other to death one-legged hobo zombie deathmatch style.

Runner up gets to be No Heart.
Amaurn

Unread post by Amaurn »

There is no contest.
[img]http://members.cox.net/glomund/images/amaurn.png[/img]
Thalevia
Lost

Unread post by Thalevia »

I don't see it dropping tomorrow.  There are just way to many broken pieces left in some of the classes.  And bugs, in beta and on PTR, some NPCs are blue and white boxes right now.