Angry Raid Leader Blog

Public Out of Character Board.
Greebo

Re: Angry Raid Leader Blog

Unread post by Greebo »

"Grog make hunters balanced!"

Guy can write!
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Alphaeus

Unread post by Alphaeus »

http://angryraidleader.com/2008/08/dont ... -the-guys/

And sometimes the -comments- are more valuable than the article.
The article made me want to nutpunch him.
Grainger

Unread post by Grainger »

And so many of those posts are right on the mark. I feel his pain.
Cessily

Unread post by Cessily »

Alphaeus wrote: http://angryraidleader.com/2008/08/dont ... -the-guys/

Don't know why. He didn't say anything absurd or offensive.
Cessily

Unread post by Cessily »

"I’ve posted here about the problems we’ve had recently with our raids.  Players not showing, people taking breaks before LK, wiping to shit that was on farm, and all kinds of other retarded shit."

Is he Abric's or Grainger's alter-ego?
Acherontia
Lost

Unread post by Acherontia »

Last edited by Acherontia on Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amaurn

Unread post by Amaurn »

Found myself reading about a dozen of his posts, generally agree what he said. Knows what hes talking about, reminds me of Abric actually, but a little more mercenary. Abric at least wont raid or guild kick you for being a douche - he would.

As for the women comment, just remember that women are just as capable of being dumb whiny bitches as guys and dont be afraid to insult them horribly if it amuses yo... I mean if its productive.

I allways liked that saying about putting women on pedestals, means they are easy to hit with rotten fruit! Course anyone on pedestalls need to be brought backdown into the mud where I live!
[img]http://members.cox.net/glomund/images/amaurn.png[/img]
Qabian

Unread post by Qabian »

Possibly this: "I mean, you don’t want her self esteem getting too high, then you’ll never have a chance with her."

I sense the sarcasm, but I can see where that might be... a stupid thing to say.
Amaurn wrote:I allways liked that saying about putting women on pedestals, means they are easy to hit with rotten fruit!
But this of course is brilliant.
Last edited by Qabian on Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malstrom
Lost

Unread post by Malstrom »

"I make people cry for god’s sake! I’m starting to think I’ve got a guild full of masochists. “Yeah! I’ve been bad! Tell me what a bad raider I am!â€
"While I stand, no Grim will fall"
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

I think I've had about ... hm... ten or eleven people quit the guild because of me.  About three or four couples - not that I wear that as a badge of pride or anything.

This just shows you that our problems aren't unique problems, but problems with every sort of guild of people who try to get together to do large things.  It's one of the bigger management hurdles, and where many feel that a game becomes a hobby, and a hobby becomes a job.  Some people handle it better than others... and you can usually tell because their guilds haven't broken up!  Not that it doesn't mean problems are still present.

I read a few of this things, but ... couldn't go further.  I'm sure I already know what he's going to say, and I don't like inflicting torture on myself.  Heh - poor guy.  Though I'd be interested in reading this woman thread.

I'm equal opportunist - to a point.  Some ladies don't want that.  You better have one wonderful pair of breasts and they better be in my hands if you think you are going to get special treatment because you are a lady.  I may talk to you in a 'nicer' tone... but when the rubber hits the road - you pull your weight just as much as my gaggle of basement virgins and wayward husbands. 

Or give me gold.  Mmm, yeah.  You can buy love!
~Death is sweeter on the pommel's end
Thalevia
Lost

Unread post by Thalevia »

Alphaeus wrote: http://angryraidleader.com/2008/08/dont ... -the-guys/

I thought the article was funny.

He's head on about women saying nasty shit about each other and them being evil.  This is a topic that came up at work alllll the damn time.  15 women, 3 men in a very small environment and fur flew all the damn time.  I didn't think this in high school but now I much prefer male friends most of the time.  Less fucking bullshit.

I liked his masochistic raiders comment.  Though I would go so far as to say most raiders are masochists because if you listen to raid leaders from progression guilds, the leader probably yells.  Case in point, Grainger doesn't yell much but people were fucking up royally until he ripped into several people in TS one night.  The wiping on trash stopped after that.
Tirralys

Unread post by Tirralys »

His post about PvP in WoW being broken is spot on.  They do make all the changed versus PvE changes, not PvP, else Druids would have been nerfed long, long ago.  Warlocks and hunters as well.  You know what, nerf everything!  >_>

I'd really, really, really like it if Blizzard went back to the drawing board with all the classes, and actually did a side-by-side comparison in a PvP aspect and redid the entire system.  It does feel very everywhere-but-nowhere-at-once. 
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Unread post by Syreenna »

Tirralys wrote: nerfed long, long ago.  Warlocks and hunters as well.
/snicker

Those are usually the easiest for me to kill!

If the Angry Raid Leader didn't talk about BT fights that we hadn't gotten to yet, I'd swear it was one of our raid leaders writing those posts.  It was funny.  I read it all last night.
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Kharzak

Unread post by Kharzak »

[quote]From now on to keep them on their toes, just scream at them at random times…

“Hey can you make me a flask?â€
This is Wrath of Air Country! Select the superior air totem. Use Wrath of Air today!